User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 39

  1. #1
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default Things To Do Before 30

    I am going to be turning thirty in the next couple months and for those who haven't been paying attention, have been going through a mini mid life crisis since 27.

    I am going to the gym about 4 times a week, and am planing to get a new hairstyle (going red), wardrobe, and for some odd reason my nails done.

    But honestly, my 20s were awful, and I am just not willing to end a decade that way. When I look back on my twenties I want to remember something amazing.

    What can I possibly do to make that happen in the next couple months?





    *P.S. I am working with limited funds. Don't want to do anything financially retarded, like booking a last minute cruise to some tropical island. Lets keep it real here.

  2. #2

    Default

    We are in the exact same boat. I turn 30 in July and am cracking the freakin whip on myself to get some meta-important things done.

    I've dubbed this the Year of the Fantastic Freefall. I'm gonna take chances on all kinds of shit I've been too afraid to do till now, like love, career, locale, and taking charge of my health. And if it doesn't pan out? Oh well. I'll just dust off and try again. I'm in the process of taking multiple risks, which is actually a REALLY important thing for me to practice. Feels terrifying and great! Yay me!

    /salutes you

    Is there anything in particular YOU want to do before 30?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  3. #3
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl
    *P.S. I am working with limited funds. Don't want to do anything financially retarded, like booking a last minute cruise to some tropical island. Lets keep it real here.
    That's generally less expensive than people might think. Cruises are mass tourism nowadays.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  4. #4
    RDF
    Guest

    Default

    You can look up "bucket lists" for good ideas.

    I favor things like getting basic certification in scuba diving, sky diving, hang gliding, etc. Memorable and brag-worthy.

    Other fun ideas: Take dancing lessons for Argentine Tango or Salsa or Swing. Or take a gun course at a local range. Lessons in sailing, horseback riding, bowling. If a cruise is too expensive, then charter a local wildlife outing--anything from kayaking a local river to doing a hot air balloon ride. Good for getting to know the local area.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am going to be turning thirty in the next couple months and for those who haven't been paying attention, have been going through a mini mid life crisis since 27.

    I am going to the gym about 4 times a week, and am planing to get a new hairstyle (going red), wardrobe, and for some odd reason my nails done.

    But honestly, my 20s were awful, and I am just not willing to end a decade that way. When I look back on my twenties I want to remember something amazing.

    What can I possibly do to make that happen in the next couple months?





    *P.S. I am working with limited funds. Don't want to do anything financially retarded, like booking a last minute cruise to some tropical island. Lets keep it real here.
    Do you have any tats? Somehow, getting a tattoo eluded me for the whole 20's decade. I always wanted to get one, but I wanted it to be very unique and symbolic of personal growth. Now I'm 30 and I finally figured it out. (Not telling tho

    Aside from that, I'd say try to get out of your system things you think you should have done in your twenties but for whatever reason, didn't. Only you will know what these are.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  6. #6
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    All excellent suggestions. I am currently looking into all of them right now. Trying to pick something.

    I don't have tattoos, or piercings, and I am kind of hell bent on keeping it that way.

    The cruise thing could be fun since I have never traveled. well, once to Texas, but I don't think that counts. I think the problem with a trip like that though is that it is one thing to buy the ticket, another for food, shopping (yes shopping), drinks, general living expenses.

    I was thinking to maybe go see a ballet or hit up Vegas for the Phantom of the Opera too.

    Taking it all in, hopefully decide soon. Seriously the list of things I haven't done is endless...

    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Oh, and Iwakar we should totally go on a road trip.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    All excellent suggestions. I am currently looking into all of them right now. Trying to pick something.

    I don't have tattoos, or piercings, and I am kind of hell bent on keeping it that way.

    The cruise thing could be fun since I have never traveled. well, once to Texas, but I don't think that counts. I think the problem with a trip like that though is that it is one thing to buy the ticket, another for food, shopping (yes shopping), drinks, general living expenses.

    I was thinking to maybe go see a ballet or hit up Vegas for the Phantom of the Opera too.

    Taking it all in, hopefully decide soon. Seriously the list of things I haven't done is endless...

    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Oh, and Iwakar we should totally go on a road trip.
    My mother tried to convince me to do the Vegas thing but she wanted to comewith. Now I'm using the week of my thirtieth birthday to move out of my apt. with my ex and to another state. I'm going to try to do it at the start of the week so I have time for fun things during the rest of my week off before I return to work.

    zomg road trip!!!!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  8. #8
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    I relate to the OP. My twenties were not all that memorable and neither have been the start of my thirties. I'm 32 and feeling restless at this stage in my life. I know that I should make some changes and try some different things but I'm not exactly sure just what. Outside of work and sleeping I spend most of my spare time on the Internet or reading. I'd like to travel more but I don't really have a set destination in mind. I just want to go somewhere different for a change. I'd like to take some classes for fun. Maybe learn a foreign language or a craft. I'd also like to change my hairstyle and my wardrobe but to what exactly, I don't know.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  9. #9
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Why don't you post a pic, and I will give you a hypothetical makeover?

  10. #10
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Some of my favorite memories are absolutely weird. This winter, I made a habit of going out in the freezing cold weather at night with my dog. I would bundle up in a ridiculous amount of layers and cover everything and take a couple of shots of rum, then I would lay in my lawn chair in the back yard and just stare up at the stars. A new favorite Se past time. Do some things out of the ordinary like that, break away from the routine, and you will feel refreshed and happy. (And doesn't require money.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
  2. Could you identify 1000 things you want to do before you die?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 12:11 PM
  3. 5 Things To Do Before You Die
    By Ginkgo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
  4. Things to do before dead
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO