• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Healthy Eating Challenge!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I like it, too. Im going to play with it. Obviously I was just wondering about those 225g carbs. I'm down to ~40g carbs per day. lol.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Screenshot2011-04-21at84938AM.png

Didn't do so well on the nutrients yesterday. Ironically, I did very well on the calories. Go figure!!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So far today:
Breakfast:
Light & Fit Cherry Yogurt
2 Strawberry Poptarts
Lunch:
Hummus, Cucumber, & Italian Dressing on Pita.

I need to look up ideas for hummus, or else I'll get sick of it. :huh:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did well yesterday! Stayed under in calories, and green bars on everything except potassium.

Screenshot2011-04-22at103402AM.png

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We had pizza for dinner last night, so I'm considering yesterday a cheat day. :cheese: Today should be okay though, no big Easter celebration to mess up my diet. ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so this is the form of record keeping I'm going to settle on for now. Basically, I created a Google Document with the 4 rules, and then kept track of how well I followed them. I noted each cheat meal or snack as -1, and I also tallied the total meals I had for the day.

I then tallied the total cheats meals (using rule 2, or 6 cheat meals, as my total) and worked out my percent compliance by dividing it by my total meals, or 28. This gave me almost 80% compliance.

In the following weeks, I'm going to aim for 90% compliance. Easter Sunday, and all of it's delectable deserts, ruined me for this week!

Anyway, here's the chart for those that are curious:

attachment.php

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Easter is over. My appetite has been on a steady decline (it comes and goes in waves.. I think the moon has a lot to do with it. >.> ) to help promote this.

My goals:
- 1,100 calories counted a day. I know I will fall here and there, my max intake should be 1,300 counted calories.
- Freebies that don't count as calories: vegetables, fruits, tea, and two 'free drink' passes a day. (juice and milk.)
- Up the protein intake, try to keep the carbs for dinner. Try to time my meals and snacks so that I KNOW I won't feel hungry during the times I normally get all whiny about it. (i.e. dont eat dinner BEFORE I go running!!)
- Experiment a little with cooking to keep the motivation up.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay, so this is the form of record keeping I'm going to settle on for now. Basically, I created a Google Document with the 4 rules, and then kept track of how well I followed them. I noted each cheat meal or snack as -1, and I also tallied the total meals I had for the day.

I then tallied the total cheats meals (using rule 2, or 6 cheat meals, as my total) and worked out my percent compliance by dividing it by my total meals, or 28. This gave me almost 80% compliance.

In the following weeks, I'm going to aim for 90% compliance. Easter Sunday, and all of it's delectable deserts, ruined me for this week!

Anyway, here's the chart for those that are curious:

attachment.php

I do not understand your system... too mathematical for me... but 80% compliance is good! Especially with Easter in the mix. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I ate 28 meals, but 6 of them were cheats.

The rest of the stuff is just a way for me to measure my progress visually. It makes it easy for me to figure out ways to slightly improve each week. For example, instead of cheating both Monday and Tuesday, this week I'm going to aim to have one cheat.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
good timing, I thought of this yesterday too (didn't see this thread until now). I like the embarrassment factor.

yesterday (in order)

-2 slices cold hawaiian pizza
-1 cup coffee with 2 spoons ice cream (out of milk, experimented)
-bowl of steel-cut oats with brown sugar and currants
-1 cup coffee
-2 clementines
-about a handful of minieggs
-turkey dinner
-tiny slice of coffee cake and spoon of frozen yogurt

today (in order)

-oats with brown sugar and currants
-about 1.5 cups of plain yogurt (3% MF)
-apple
-granola bar (caramel-nut chocolate dipped, so more like a candy bar)
-large sweet potato with salt
-steak, steamed broccoli, rice from a packet

No goals for now other than tracking. I'm guessing that the tracking alone will probably guilt me into eating less horribly, though.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
._. Im eating super below my calorie goal.. not because im compelled to, but more because im sick.. :c

rav3n

As a change of pace, instead of eating healthy, I'm ordering pizza tonight. Shrimp with pesto and feta on a thin whole wheat crust, wood oven baked to perfection. :tongue:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, you know you are at a higher level of healthy eating when your cheats are still pretty healthy.

I have a recipe for a healthy pizza that I've been itching to try out. If it turns out any good, I'll post it.

rav3n

Sorry, couldn't resist being a brat! :devil:

Not into empty calories and on the flip side, not into any kind of extreme way to get healthy. Healthy food doesn't have to taste like crap and any extreme change of diet will cause your body to crave junk badly. I'd recommend a more moderate approach of slowly changing your diet so your body has a chance to get used to the difference.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The last few days I have not done well. Today, I proclaim, shall be better!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yesterday

-more oats w/ sugar, currants
-sugar snap pea pods, baby carrots
-leftover steak/rice/broccoli, yogurt cup, some nuts and dried fruit, an apple
-a sweet potato, a pita bread with some spinach dip
-delicious neocitrin for my horrible horrible cold, lol

Grade: A-?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yesterday

-more oats w/ sugar, currants
-sugar snap pea pods, baby carrots
-leftover steak/rice/broccoli, yogurt cup, some nuts and dried fruit, an apple
-a sweet potato, a pita bread with some spinach dip
-delicious neocitrin for my horrible horrible cold, lol

Grade: A-?

Sounds very healthy-- good job!!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Today I feel better. I celebrated by eating a plain hamburger--bun, meat, ketchup and mustard. My stomach is still a bit raw, so more fruit and some noodles for dinner.. By tomorrow I should be eating normal again.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Lately this is roughly what I eat:

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled eggs with bacon pieces no bread
Lunch: Large handful of mixed nuts + some sunflower seeds, 100g of meat and 10 or so blueberries (I read recently that Blueberries inhibit fat storage).
Dinner: Some combination of meat and nonstarchy vegies.

After work snacks: Piece of milk chocolate or cream or beer nuts. Some sugar free drinks.

I think my calories might be too low but not too sure, I've been losing just under a Kg a week for the last 10 weeks although it stalled over easter when I ate heaps of chocolate.

Haven't really been exercising just a few chin ups, push ups, squats etc. here and there.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds very healthy-- good job!!

Haha thanks. I guess my grades are based on what I currently think would be the best diet for me - lots of green veg, some other veg/fruits, some whole grains, some protein from varying sources, the rest "real" food with non-excessive fat levels overall and minimal refined sugar. I would say the spinach dip is not very healthy (processed, very fatty, etc) and the pita bread and yogurt are both marginal (refined sugar). I also forgot that I had a donut in the morning, lol, so I'd probably change my grade to a B+ with that in mind. Also forgot to note down a glass or two of milk.

today

-last of the oats (lots)
-glass of milk
-salad (chickpeas/spinach/strawberries/fig-flavoured balsamic vinegar/olive oil)
-a few baby carrots and peas
-a yogurt cup
-an oh henry bar
-lots of cough drops
-lots of water today (dry throat)
-granola bar (kashi so pretty much the healthiest one I've seen...lots of whole grains)
-a few more peas and carrots

I think that's all. I didn't really eat dinner since I had a class until 930pm.

Grade: A-/B+ (note: I'm not especially aiming for an A+, at least for now. just keeping track)