User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Banned

I'm tempted to join this challenge as I could really improve my diet.

It would be useful if someone could throw me the link for the fancy chart webpage they are using

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I'm tempted to join this challenge as I could really improve my diet.

It would be useful if someone could throw me the link for the fancy chart webpage they are using
    http://caloriecount.about.com/
    Free website and very useful. Join us!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    http://caloriecount.about.com/
    Free website and very useful. Join us!
    I will, starting next Monday.

Lest I forget

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Cool!

Wow, I just logged my foods for yesterday and I did pretty well without even trying:

A bit high on the carbs, but ALMOST there on iron (need 18), so the extra iced mocha I had that put the carbs over was worth it for the iron it contained.

My blog:

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

When I put my diet into that calculater it said I was already dead.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    thank you. what's the deal with this hara hachi bu thing?
    It's a cultural habit practiced by the Okinawans that involves eating until they are 80% full. They call it hara hachi bu. They believe that people that stuff themselves are gluttons.

More importantly though, eating until 80% full makes it easy to eat more frequent, smaller meals. And since you are always just a little bit hungry, you can feel your body as it stays in a constant fat-burning mode. It's also a great exercise in learning how to read your body's hunger cues, since there's a difference between being very hungry (which can involve shakiness, a growling stomach, headaches, or a craving for a chicken salad) and being slightly hungry (feeling content, good energy, and a craving for junk foods).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Another good day yesterday.... only red in potassium, way under my calorie goal, PLUS I did a vigorous workout. Woot! I hope I can keep this up...

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    It's a cultural habit practiced by the Okinawans that involves eating until they are 80% full. They call it hara hachi bu. They believe that people that stuff themselves are gluttons.

More importantly though, eating until 80% full makes it easy to eat more frequent, smaller meals. And since you are always just a little bit hungry, you can feel your body as it stays in a constant fat-burning mode. It's also a great exercise in learning how to read your body's hunger cues, since there's a difference between being very hungry (which can involve shakiness, a growling stomach, headaches, or a craving for a chicken salad) and being slightly hungry (feeling content, good energy, and a craving for junk foods).
    This sounds interesting, but I think the junk food cravings would be a problem for me... my biggest challenge with healthy eating is not eating too many sweets! I have tried doing 5 small meals a day instead of 3 larger ones, but it didn't take.

My blog:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hmm.. I don't know if I'm really going to be participating, but i tried that calorie count and I got good scores with the exception of sodium and some vitamins. I imagine a multivitamin will fix that. I was surprised because I was sure I had just really stuffed myself in the evening, but I was only 36 calories over the weight loss calorie target. I think my eating schedule is unhealthy, I need to think about eating more snacks during the day instead of consuming the bulk of my calories in the evening. It shouldn't make a difference, but it definitely doesn't make me feel good.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

:3 I havent been eating too healthy at ALL. But!! I have been watching my calorie intake <3 Thats gotta count for something, right?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Well, I have settled on a routine in which I consume between 40-60g of carbs per day. I have been decently consistent about eating 5-6 small meals instead of like 2 meals per day like I was. And I have upped my gym schedule to nearly daily. I have lost 18lbs in the past 2 months. I'm sure the diabetes medication is having an impact as well. If I could lose another 12lbs, I would be back to the weight I was in highschool before I had all those surgeries on my foot. That would be ideal.

My only concern, is that some of the very low-carb foods that I eat (such as shrimp) are very high in cholesterol. I feel like in the long-run this could be a problem. I need to find more low-carb & low cholesterol meals.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~