User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Well, I have settled on a routine in which I consume between 40-60g of carbs per day. I have been decently consistent about eating 5-6 small meals instead of like 2 meals per day like I was. And I have upped my gym schedule to nearly daily. I have lost 18lbs in the past 2 months. I'm sure the diabetes medication is having an impact as well. If I could lose another 12lbs, I would be back to the weight I was in highschool before I had all those surgeries on my foot. That would be ideal.

My only concern, is that some of the very low-carb foods that I eat (such as shrimp) are very high in cholesterol. I feel like in the long-run this could be a problem. I need to find more low-carb & low cholesterol meals.
    A book I read some time ago, Good Calories, Bad Calories, makes the case that foods high in cholesterol don't actually lead to having high cholesterol; rather, the cause seems to be a host of other factors such as increased consumption of refined carbohydrates, etc. Distinct from the typical book on dieting, this book is well researched and gives a good history of nutritional research and the politics involved. I would recommend the book to anyone interested in science and nutrition, and at the very least, I would recommend you browse the internet on causes of high cholesterol and any pertinent studies. You might not need to worry at all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    A book I read some time ago, Good Calories, Bad Calories,
    Thanks for the tip. I'm going to grab it on my Kindle.

I'm really pretty clueless about nutrition in general. So I appreciate the recommendation.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

:3 Just from a medical standpoint, about 10% of your cholesterol comes from your diet.. the rest has to do with your body's natural build and genetics. Our doctor-teacher taught us that in A&P2, something I was not aware of either before then. If you're going to have high cholesterol in life, most likely your diet will have little influence on it.. it'll only add to a problem you'll already have. So I wouldn't worry too much over it.

As far as every diet/nutrition/anything book or show I've ever seen.. the seafood section is almost always 100% open to people with health concerns. It's like your free-reign section.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Yay Paleo diet.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You guys are so helpful. What would I do without you?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    You guys are so helpful. What would I do without you?
    wait. you aren't going to eat them are you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

second wave beach season soon.
    i need to debloat. four types of
    green leafy veggies only for about
    3 days? thighs and butt. need more
    sun to shine through.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Since the hypothalamus set point regulates body shape through homeostasis then it is in learning how the parasympathetic nervous system as the side of the autonomic nervous system responds to food stimuli in accordance with hypothalamus regulation and metabolism. Which is naturally determined further by blood typing and the kind of nutrients your body absorbs and needs be to sustain a healthy balance between stasis as we are each different yet same in our undertakings when it comes to healthy eating. Which is why diets of every caliber are bunk, the consistency deviates from person to person.

Rule of thumb is eat as natural as possible, consuming complex carbohydrates helps. For the more natural foods you consume the higher the vibrational energy the food contains. Or rather the higher the nutritional content there is. Processed food is processed to death and hence nutritional value erodes while natural foods that are eaten retain stronger aspects of nutrition.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    A book I read some time ago, Good Calories, Bad Calories, makes the case that foods high in cholesterol don't actually lead to having high cholesterol; rather, the cause seems to be a host of other factors such as increased consumption of refined carbohydrates, etc. Distinct from the typical book on dieting, this book is well researched and gives a good history of nutritional research and the politics involved. I would recommend the book to anyone interested in science and nutrition, and at the very least, I would recommend you browse the internet on causes of high cholesterol and any pertinent studies. You might not need to worry at all!
    Or the tl:dr version "Why we get Fat"
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations