User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I honestly think Oeufa, you're over thinking about to do about your situation, go talk to a professional, like others have said the common person can't diagnose you, I can't, he can't, she can't, and they certaintly can't. or tell you you're fine.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

You're right. Overthinking and underdoing has always been a flaw of mine.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    You're right. Overthinking and underdoing has always been a flaw of mine.
    mine too. It's easier for me to tell people what they should probably do than it is to convince myself to do what I need to do.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    You guys may see religion, or OCD, or depression, or bipolar, or what have you. But if you have no idea what psychosis is, why do you comment?
    I comment because her symptoms (minus the apparent absence of 'compulsions' to alleviate the anxiety) are very similar to some of my own teen-age 'obsessions' and my subsequent reactions to the same. I don't think its unreasonable of me to share information that may be of help to her, so long as she gets the professional help she needs, which is essential no matter what her condition is: there is very little functional difference between becoming like Howard Hughes (which is what can happen when OCD and similar nuerosis go untreated) and being an unmedicated and and unhelped shizophrenic.

MBTI
    INTP

What if there's nothing actually wrong with me? What if all my failure is my own goddamn fault for being so lazy? *sigh*
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    yupp

STOP! you'll just go into a think death spiral if you keep doing this just go talk to someone. Because if you're thinking this even if you were lazy in the past the guilt is going to make you unable to function. the hardest thing about life for me is not being able to change the past. If only I always tell myself. Well guess what? If only doesn't matter, only what is. Though it doesn't sound like pure laziness to me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Before i start this i'm just going to say, like most already have, that i cannot begin to diagnose you.

Your post actually freaked me out upon first reading it. Like i said in the PM, you may as well be writing what was going through my head at your age.

To sum up quickly, because this is about you, not met, shortly after leaving high school is when the onslaught of these thoughts began. I was raised religious as well and shunned it as i got older. My thoughts were along the same lines of fearing Satan..i was convinced that i would become possessed, i never slept because i thought that's when i was the most vulnerable and the dreams i had were very horrifying. I was ALWAYS looking over my shoulder, literally, terrified that something was about to "get me". And i too, thought i was going crazy..schizophrenic to be specific, because it does run in my family. I was also an over achiever, putting massive amounts of stress on myself and not wanting to burden anyone else. Over the years many people have thought i was bi-polar. I HATED doctors/psychologists and the such. I also held back most of my issues from them, which only hurt me in the long run. AND i was anti-medication... to the extreme.

My diagnoses..clinical depression and social anxiety. Not fun, but a LOT better than what i feared.

I believe Fan Of Devin said something along the lines of if you think you are psychotic, you're probably not... i couldn't agree more. And have had the same thing said to me by psychiatrists.

What INTP said about neuroplasticity is something i wish i knew back when i started to have my problems. I do doubt you are psychotic, schizophrenic or bi-polar.. (again not a doctor though)..but that doesn't mean you shouldn't worry about your mental health.

As for your issue with taking medication... i suggest you stick to your guns on that one. Psychiatrists can be VERY convincing... but if they aren't giving you the proper therapy as well then medication can cause a lot more problems than you had in the first place (i ended up an addict for years, only just got myself clean). So when considering medication, just make sure you are making a well educated decision.

Don't worry too much about seeing a psychiatrist rather than a psychologist. If i had my time back i wish i had seen a psychologist first..they can't medicate you and leave you to your own devices. Unfortunately not all doctors were made equal.

And like Guesswho said many times, STOP GOOGLING SYMPTOMS! You don't need to add more worry and paranoia to your issues. So many mental illnesses have similar symptoms.. it's a complex process to diagnose someone. If i believe everything i googled then all the doctors i've seen are wrong.

You can get help..you don't need to watch life pass you by..i wish someone told me that 10 years ago.

Best of luck to you! If you ever want someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

Take control, get help, don't hold anything back. Oh..and instead of reading online, you can find some great books about a variety of mental illnesses designed to help you work through things, to help change your thought processes.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP

Sounds like a boatload of fun :| But thank you. I'll definitely speak to the school counselor. Apparently they're free to visit after all (according to their page anyway). I could have sworn we were told they cost €40. Maybe that was for something else....

EDIT: Apparently it's €40 for a psychiatric consultation...
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Take the free visit and go from there! Try not to think 10 steps ahead.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP

Right. Well the office is closed now but I'll pop in first thing tomorrow and book an appointment.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe