User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

forget the blood test and go to a psychologist. you can ask about that what ever thing you want blood tests for from the psychologist so that he can laugh at you.

also one really important thing about all this is that you start to take better care physically for yourself if you already dont. do some yoga, go jogging or what ever. if you are physically in bad shape, it will reflect on your psyche because your brains are part of your body and if your body isnt functioning properly, it will show on how your brains work. sleep is also really important thing, but good sleep comes when you get some exercise.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

That's part of my problem. I'm trying to get fit and eat healthy but none of it sticks.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    As I see it, I have a few options today. Tell me if you agree:

1) go to a blood test clinic to see if I can at least rule out a thyroid problem.
    2) go to the uni psychologist to see if I can rule out a crazy problem.
    3) go to a gp and ask for a blood test, and pour out my wee heart while there.
    4) do both 1 and 2
    5) do nothing and hope the problem goes away on its own.

Obviously 5 is no real option... So many choices. What to do...
    Q: How do we eat an elephant?
    A: One bite at a time.

It can seem overwhelming, so just focus on one step and forget the rest.
    Then do the next one.

It's a Te-style approach.
    I've had to learn how to do it, it feels alien to my brain sometimes, but it can be highly effective in order to accomplish a complex task.

Hang in there. Every small step you take is one more small step toward a solution.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

As I see it, I have a few options today. Tell me if you agree:

1) go to a blood test clinic to see if I can at least rule out a thyroid problem.
    2) go to the uni psychologist to see if I can rule out a crazy problem.
    3) go to a gp and ask for a blood test, and pour out my wee heart while there.
    4) do both 1 and 2
    5) do nothing and hope the problem goes away on its own.

Obviously 5 is no real option... So many choices. What to do...
    I recommend either 2 or 3, or maybe both.
    At this point, whatever is ailing you is completely up in the air, and the cause could be situational, psychological, physiological, or any combination of the three.
    Both a counselor and a GP will be able to either diagnose and help you directly, or point you in the direction of somebody else who can.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    INTP

Which bit of the elephant do I tackle first though? Fitness? diet? mental health? school work? a job? I'm so lost I dunno where to even start.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    I recommend either 2 or 3, or maybe both.
    At this point, whatever is ailing you is completely up in the air, and the cause could be situational, psychological, physiological, or any combination of the three.
    Both a counselor and a GP will be able to either diagnose and help you directly, or point you in the direction of somebody else who can.
    I can't afford both 2 and 3 right now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

I think the psychologist would be a fine starting point, then.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Which bit of the elephant do I tackle first though? Fitness? diet? mental health? school work? a job? I'm so lost I dunno where to even start.
    mental health, fitness and healthy eating all go hand in hand. dont try to force them all at once, it wont work. i suggest going to psychologist first and tell him that you should start to exercise and eating healthier, but it feels too much work for you. im sure you get some good advices for that, if you dont, go to a new psychologist.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    mental health, fitness and healthy eating all go hand in hand. dont try to force them all at once, it wont work. i suggest going to psychologist first and tell him that you should start to exercise and eating healthier, but it feels too much work for you. im sure you get some good advices for that, if you dont, go to a new psychologist.
    Yes, O, you can get a therapist to help you organize this... or... (fancy this idea!) just... pick one. If you see a natural progression in the ideas, then proceed the ordering logically, but otherwise... it doesn't matter which one.

When all decisions are arbitrary, just do something. Order doesn't matter. It's time to "do," not "think about doing."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, O, you can get a therapist to help you organize this... or... (fancy this idea!) just... pick one. If you see a natural progression in the ideas, then proceed the ordering logically, but otherwise... it doesn't matter which one.

When all decisions are arbitrary, just do something. Order doesn't matter. It's time to "do," not "think about doing."
    well i was thinking something more like the therapist would definitely try to motivate and work out some problems that makes it so hard for her to do this stuff. also just going to the therapist might have a huge effect on getting motivated enough to start exercising.
    — C.G. Jung

Read