User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

ThatGirl

I also don't think you are psychotic.

I think the first step would be to evaluate what it is you expect to accomplish with therapy. You said that it is the road to freedom. Freedom from what? You can evaluate this yourself and answer your own question.

You don't need to go in and tell them all the little details, it wont effect your progress if you leave some stuff out. Therapy isn't just for psychos. Some people find it beneficial to just have someone to talk to and help them sort through their thoughts. A good therapist isn't going to judge for being or NOT being crazy.

So ditch the fear that you may not have enough to talk about or people will laugh you out of the office. Just get some counseling to help you sort through all the uncertainties that are weighing you down right now.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Google is both blessing and curse
    Don't google symptoms. It's a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    it doesent make any difference if the psychotic thoughts were induced by religion. religious beliefs actually have quite in common with mental illnesses and they can trigger mental illnesses like lsd or weed can.

do you think that if im able to make someone go insane using mental manipulation based on supernatural, the person is actually not insane even if he has severe delusions(outside from the religion that i thought to him) and possibly hallucinations?
    There aren't too many people who take you seriously after you posted that killing Americans is a good thing for everyone in the long run, and that anyone who didn't see your "logic" was a retard. Consequently, it doesn't matter to me what you think in this particular case - or any case.

MBTI
    INTP

I know I can never possibly hope to dream of diagnosing myself on the internet, but it's as good a place as any to start research. I'm just scared that no therapist will ever take me seriously. That they'll just say I'm lazy and need to snap out of it. Which I do need, but can't. I can't bear the thought of spending money I don't have on a consultation that will just end in me getting fobbed off. And there's no point telling me to just ditch that fear because it's not that simple.

I don't seem to be getting my point across here - what chance have I got of getting it across verbally when I can't even string together 1 coherent sentence without fumbling over my words??
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I also don't think you are psychotic.
    i didnt say that she is psychotic, i said that she has had psychotic thoughts and because she is prone to that sort of psychotic thinking, she is in high risk of developing something way worse than a single psychotic thought. what she is saying about depression and all that, its pretty clear that everything is not OK, and even if it was just depression now, depression is a perfect start up for starting to have psychotic thoughts again(since brains arent working correctly when someone is depressed, she might not sleep properly and that can make the psychotic thoughts even worse). since she is prone to them and because the setting for those thoughts is so good for serious mental problems, its more likely that those few psychotic thoughts would be a really small thing to what might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There aren't too many people who take you seriously after you posted that killing Americans is a good thing for everyone in the long run, and that anyone who didn't see your "logic" was a retard. Consequently, it doesn't matter to me what you think in this particular case - or any case.
    cry cuz american
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm just scared that no therapist will ever take me seriously. That they'll just say I'm lazy and need to snap out of it.
    It's your call. But if you want change, then you must do something. Overthinking it won't help, you have to act.

But..I don't know the gravity of your issues...so who am I to talk.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    It's your call. But if you want change, then you must do something. Overthinking it won't help, you have to act.

But..I don't know the gravity of your issues...so who am I to talk.
    That's the thing though... do I actually have any issues? Or am I just being a whiny, lazy prison bitch?

Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Getting rid of the uncertainty alone should be worth seeing someone. Worst case scenario you know there isn't anything serious to worry about. More likely: some degree of clinical depression, which will lead to a recommendation of therapy, possibly with some added medication depending on the severity.

If not knowing makes you uncomfortable, that's a good enough reason to see someone. And even if you were perfectly healthy, no professional would ever laugh at you or tell you to go home and suck it up. They might have you take a thyroid test or some other blood test to rule out other medical causes.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That's the thing though... do I actually have any issues?
    you are depressed and have had some psychotic symptoms in the past = you need help. dont trust your own judgment about this too much and let some professional decide if you need help or not. your perspective about this is skewed
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

*sigh* I said I'd try to book an appointment with the on-campus therapist tomorrow, didn't I? We'll see what way it pans out.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe