User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Just to clear up a few things: I'm a lady-person-thing, I'm in the 2nd year of my 3 year BA in Music and English, and I'd rather talk to someone I don't actually know than a friend or family member (cause that just don't work for me). Better yet, I'd love to not need to see anyone about anything and be perfectly fine, but since that's not on the cards....
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Well i'm not so sure, i went through similar thought patterns... i don't think i was psychotic but i did get (and need) help.
    I believe a lot of people go through what could be described as psychotic thought patterns but often these people are able to talk to others so it does not get out of hand.
    Meds did not help me personally, either numbed me to a point i was out of touch with reality or made me feel more depressed/neurotic. I also had great difficulty talking to my parents in my teens.
    Sometimes our thoughts can escalate and isolating ones self will only help them escalate further.
    My point regarding talking to somebody trustworthy and grounded, was just so he/she can have an alternative (and trusted) perspective. One that is grounded.
    I think therapy would probably work out best but i suggested it as an option, with the thought in mind, that therapy were not possible.
    Not everyone can access therapy, personally i had to wait 14 months to get free therapy. They said they were not an emergency service and for emergencies i needed to go to the emergency centre for mental health. Theres no middle ground for crisis, it is lacking here.
    I also think that if there is help available from family members or trusted friends that this should be accessed immediately.
    i think its really irresponsible from you to even suggest that therapy is just an option. like it or not, but that kind of thoughts are considered as psychotic thoughts and people should get help, because there is high risk of developing something much worse.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Also, thoughts popping in your head at night, just before going to sleep is normal, however the interpretation of the thought is abnormal.
    exactly, i get weird thoughts and ideas pretty much all the time, but i dont take them seriously, im able to know if they are true or false and just laugh at them, so i dont think im crazy. but if i would get those ideas and would need to give a serious thought about if they might be true(or even worse think that they are true), then i would be crazy.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Not so my father and older brother, but yes my mother is a very devout catholic and I was raised to be an active member of the church.
    That is what I expected to see. I do not think you're psychotic.

I can't begin to describe the anger I felt for it after I became atheist for causing me to experience utter terror of something that never existed. More annoyed with myself though for being so silly.
    This is also what I expected to see. Again, I do not think you're psychotic.

What I do think is you are conflicted between your own thoughts, and what you have been taught. Unfortunately, I have read 100's of stories like yours when so much pressure is put on the young adult and they think they're "going to hell" for some alleged sin. You're not crazy, but I think it would benefit you greatly if you could talk to a professional, nonetheless.

Best to you.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

What I do think is you are conflicted between your own thoughts, and what you have been taught. Unfortunately, I have read 100's of stories like yours when so much pressure is put on the young adult and they think they're "going to hell" for some alleged sin. You're not crazy, but I think it would benefit you greatly if you could talk to a professional, nonetheless.

Best to you.
    it doesent make any difference if the psychotic thoughts were induced by religion. religious beliefs actually have quite in common with mental illnesses and they can trigger mental illnesses like lsd or weed can.

do you think that if im able to make someone go insane using mental manipulation based on supernatural, the person is actually not insane even if he has severe delusions(outside from the religion that i thought to him) and possibly hallucinations?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Best to you.
    My mother is not a god-fearing woman, nor was I raised to fear hell or God. I was always taught that God had limitless love and patience for me. My fears came entirely from my own mind.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    My fears came entirely from my own mind.
    Which is exactly why I said seeing a professional would benefit you.

MBTI
    INTP

I just wanted to clear that up . Though it would be convenient to blame religious teaching for my issues, it would be incorrect. If I thought my dog could read my mind and would jump at my throat for thinking, "Fuck this dog" then I probably would have had the same experience..
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    ENTP

Exactly.
    Diagnosing a mental illness is a complex process. And when people self diagnose themselves they always choose the worst illnesses.

MBTI
    INTP

Google is both blessing and curse
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe