MBTI
    yupp

yup
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

I dunno, I really can't think of anything at all they'd be able to do for me . But I'll consider it.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    yupp

good
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

I'm just wondering whether I should try to get a consultation with the school psychiatrist. Does any of the stuff I mentioned in my OP (that's affecting me now, not my past) warrant this?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    yupp

I'd say so.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

From what i've read it really sounds like you have OCD and maybe depression. A lot of people think of OCD as hand-washing, ritualistic type behavior, but there is another kind as well called Pure obsessional OCD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purely_Obsessional_OCD

"The nature and type of Purely Obsessional OCD varies greatly, but the central theme for all sufferers is the emergence of a disturbing intrusive thought or question, an unwanted/inappropriate mental image, or a frightening impulse that causes the person extreme anxiety because it is antithetical to closely-held religious beliefs, morals, or societal mores.[3] While those without Purely Obsessional OCD might instinctively respond to bizarre intrusive thoughts or impulses as insignificant and part of a normal variance in the human mind, someone with Purely Obsessional OCD will respond with profound alarm followed by an intense attempt to neutralize the thought or avoid having the thought again. The person begins to ask themselves constantly "Am I really capable of something like that?" or "Could that really happen?" or "Is that really me?" (even though they usually realize that their fear is irrational, which causes them further distress)[4] and puts tremendous effort into escaping or resolving the unwanted thought. They then end up in a vicious cycle of mentally searching for reassurance and trying to get a definitive answer.[2][5]"

Read the whole article that is just a snipplet.

I really think you should go in and get checked though, just to rule out other possibilities. It's really impossible to diagnose someone over the internet, especially if you lack the proper qualifications (like everyone here )

Anyway, good luck!

MBTI
    INTP

A lot of that does seem familiar, in that it was how I was about my deusphobia a few years ago. Nowadays though I do get inappropriate sexual images in my head that I find distressing and try to push out of my head. I never considered that might be unusual .

Anyway, I don't think I can directly make an appointment to see the psychiatrist (have to be referred as far as I can tell) so still a bit lost at the moment. Not sure what to do...
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    I'm just wondering whether I should try to get a consultation with the school psychiatrist. Does any of the stuff I mentioned in my OP (that's affecting me now, not my past) warrant this?
    Yes, and i think you already know that. If you can get an appointment quicker with a psych then do it.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

I know you guys are gonna read this and think I'm just making excuses, but I'm not. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I've come to the conclusion that I am my own problem .

Basically, I believe more so than anything in the power of the human mind. It's phenomenal. I honestly believe that every person alive is the person they've molded themselves to be. It begins with a mental image of yourself, the person you believe you are, and slowly but surely you become that person. You fall into the role. (it's like, if I know I'm an INTP I might start answering typology quizzes based on what the INTP answer is rather than the Oeufa answer. I might start acting more like an INTP in everyday life than I would otherwise). I know all this is nothing new or innovative on my part, but I'm putting it down here anyway.

See, the thing is, I've been selling myself a very negative image of myself. I've been telling myself I'm the fat loner with no friends for so long that I'm becoming that fat loner with no friends. I've been telling myself I hate my course and slowly but surely I'm becoming more and more disinterested with it (I wasn't nearly this bad for assignments or exams last year). I've been telling myself I'm a mediocre musician and I am one (though that's not necessarily cause of my mental power ). I've been telling myself no one will ever hire me, so I haven't been trying. Basically, I'm the root of all my problems.

So, I doubt I actually have any mental illnesses besides terminal negativity . I just need to snap myself out of my defeatist mindset. Think happy, be happy, and all that jazz. Ever since I started this thread I've been moping about more, getting even less done than usual and basically being a bum. All cause I thought I was mentally ill. Which is bullcrap when you think about it.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe