MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    To be honest, I find motivational people tiresome. It seems too fake to me

I'm doing a joint major in English and Music. I've exams in both as well as an elective in Greek Tragedy coming up in 2 weeks. Still got a few assignments hanging over me as well.
    Yes sorry prehaps that wasn't clear. I meant someone that you find motivational, that motivates you.
    Ok, so what needs to be handed in/which exam is first? Specifically.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

My first exam is a fortnight away, exactly. I have til wednesday to late-submit a musicology essay and I got a new formal analysis assignment yesterday but I've no idea when that's due Not for a while I'm guessing.

Someone inspiring? Hmmm you'll have to gimme a while to think of that.

MBTI
    yupp

ok so you can't drop or withdraw. still talk to them and tell them what's going on, the worst is you're still fail. the best is they'll be someone at your school that can make sure you don't get kicked out and won't lose funding.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    My first exam is a fortnight away, exactly. I have til wednesday to late-submit a musicology essay and I got a new formal analysis assignment yesterday but I've no idea when that's due Not for a while I'm guessing.

Someone inspiring? Hmmm you'll have to gimme a while to think of that.
    Ok, so thats not too bad. You can work on the musicology essay now. Once handed in -revision for the exam, then work on the other assignment.
    3 managable chunks ish.
    What is the essay title? How many words etc... musicology is fairly broad.
    Inspiration...yes! Thats what you need.
    Do you like classical music? always helps my brain focus a little.

God, i hope i don't sound patronising here..*worries*
    Last edited by Betty Blue; 04-22-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: obvious
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

Musicology 2000words on the life and work of one major Renaissance composer of our choice basically.

With the exams though, I've 6 papers to sit in the space of a week. And an entire semester's worth of material to learn for each since I've done nothing all year. I was in the same position last semester and couldn't even bring myself to cram :/

I like all kinds of music, but it usually serves to distract. I'll listen for progressions and try to recreate them on whatever instrument I have to hand. It's not helpful

*sigh* My mum keeps looking up intern jobs on the web, but I can't bring myself to apply for any of them. They'll want copies of my academic results and they'll dismiss me straight away thanks to all my fails. And the hole gets bigger....
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    yupp

I've been in a very simular situation that you are now, I was failing classes but refused to drop because I'd be kicked out of the dorms and no place to live. Take my advice so you don't end up in the same situation I did talk to your teachers if they won't listen talk to some one higher up keep talking til some one listens. don't give up, I'm wait listed to see a counselor currently luckily the head of student affairs is involved and making sure I don't fall to far. I know talking to people sucks it's scary I have a hard time doing it. But remember there is always a way to get what you need, it might not be conventional. And no, I don't mean by stepping on others, just figure what reasources are available to you. I got kicked out of school even.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've been in a very simular situation that you are now, I was failing classes but refused to drop because I'd be kicked out of the dorms and no place to live. Take my advice so you don't end up in the same situation I did talk to your teachers if they won't listen talk to some one higher up keep talking til some one listens. don't give up, I'm wait listed to see a counselor currently luckily the head of student affairs is involved and making sure I don't fall to far. I know talking to people sucks it's scary I have a hard time doing it. But remember there is always a way to get what you need, it might not be conventional. And no, I don't mean by stepping on others, just figure what reasources are available to you. I got kicked out of school even.
    I don't know who I'd even speak to... My courses are both huge so I don't know my lecturers, and since I've been to maybe 1 tutorial of each class I can't exactly talk to a tutor either. Besides now that the teaching term is over I don't think they hold office hours anymore. There are student advisors and programme officers and that kind of thing, but since I'd only be going in to say, "Yeah I did absolutely NOTHING this year at all, can you wave a magic wand and not have me pay €1000s in repeat fees??" I can imagine where I'll be told to go....

Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    yupp

not if you explain whats going on. fine talk to your advisor, that's a good place to start. say that you went to counseling services but you were wait listed, believe me you are not the first person or the last person to do something like this. And people who are actually lazy and i'm guessing, correct me if i'm wrong you're not getting your work done because you keep thinking I don't know what to say, I'm going to fail, I'm a failure, I'm stupid, I use to be smart, why can't I get this, I should be able to get this.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

I know I sound like I'm dismissing everything said here, but I'm really not. I take everyone's words on board, and I really appreciate it, so thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    And people who are actually lazy and i'm guessing, correct me if i'm wrong you're not getting your work done because you keep thinking I don't know what to say, I'm going to fail, I'm a failure, I'm stupid, I use to be smart, why can't I get this, I should be able to get this.
    Not entirely true. Like I said earlier in the thread, I was lazy in 2nd level too. I'd not hand up homework etc and the teachers never really reprimanded me cause I was smart and still did well in tests. They laughed it off as disorganisation for the most part. The fact that they liked me helped . Anyway, it did nothing to help me get into a work habit, and now I'm just, well, lazy. I don't bother to do the work, but now there IS consequences for it (ie, brings down my grade). I just can't make myself do stuff, so I don't bother to do stuff, and now I'm a big fucking failure. It's the end of the semester now and I got absolutely nothing done despite all my resolutions at the start... It's not cause I don't know what to do or say, it's because I don't bother doing it. And it's all my own damn fault, which is the annoying thing

So, bearing all that in mind, what is a student adviser or programme officer gonna tell me? Either drop out, swap course or just suck it up and do the fucking work. Since I already know these are my only options, what use is there in going to speak to one? They can't exactly magic this year away for me.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    yupp

so was I so was I, well the equivlent of 2nd level
    In no likes experiment.

that is all