User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 193

  1. #131
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Ah, but being an NF is an illness in it's own right And there's no way in hell I'm an Fi dom. It's totally alien
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  2. #132
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Ah, but being an NF is an illness in it's own right
    Yes, I know. Or at least all the other types seem to think so. That's why we're all in therapy.

  3. #133
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    I implore you to find something better to do with your supposedly valuable time than spread propaganda you don't even comprehend.
    I have learned a long time ago that what I know and the experiences of being 15 years in severe depression on SSRIs I wondered why. I know I will be ignored by people and everyone I talk to because its human nature. Yes a lot of misinformation from both pro and anti, what I speak is truth, intuition knows. I suppose the link maybe a poor choice, still I'm sure there are others that explain my points better. nvm. People are free to do as they wish. I'm merely the messenger of positive intention. Nowhere did I say for her not to visit a doctor or councilor.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    anyone want that on your conscience raise your hands.
    It is unfortunate that her real problems will be masked by surface ones. People will interpret information the way they want to I suppose.

  4. #134
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I think some of the posts in this thread are shamefully irresponsible. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you should share it if you have no idea wtf psychosis really is.
    Oh and bytheway I have experience in this, I've experienced psychosis when my HPA, (hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal) axis totally shut down. I know what I'm talking about, I wish people would listen to me. But like my bipolar friend who crosses his arm every time when I tell him what to do, it doesn't work go figure.

  5. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    214

    Default

    After reading through this thread, I suspect that you suffer from a combination of the superhuman ability INTPs have to procrastinate and some legitimate issues related to brain chemistry. Regardless of what the real issue is, however, there is one question that you have to address for yourself before you can do anything: are you more afraid that you are sick, or that you are not?

  6. #136
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Synapse, I've not forgotten your suggestions, but I think you're pushing too hard. You're biased about this particular issue and see your own experience when we're discussing mine...

    Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    After reading through this thread, I suspect that you suffer from a combination of the superhuman ability INTPs have to procrastinate and some legitimate issues related to brain chemistry. Regardless of what the real issue is, however, there is one question that you have to address for yourself before you can do anything: are you more afraid that you are sick, or that you are not?
    I knew it was just me being lazy and looking for excuses. I woke up this morning and yesterday feeling perfectly fine but got myself worked up over nothing as the day went on.


    Do understand though: I don't wanna be mentally unwell, but it would be a convenient way of excusing what a huge fucking failure I am.

  7. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    214

    Default

    There are possibilities besides deficient and crazy, you know. Maybe you're in the wrong program at school, or surrounded by negative people. Whatever it is, the only one who can make it better is you. Making that appointment is a good first step, even if it turns into a simple information gathering exercise.

  8. #138
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I know it's not either or. For reasons I won't go into here, changing course is not an option. I know I just have to suck it up and get on with it, but I don't want to. I'm lazy.

  9. #139
    Senior Member SRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    It's not a lack of energy (though I do always seem to be tired, but I'm pegging that down as poor diet) that stops me working though. It's like I just can't push myself to start. Like this essay worth 50% of my class I have due in tomorrow. I know I need to do it. Microsoft Word has been sitting open on my desktop for the last 7 hours, waiting for me to type something. I have all the books and music scores beside me that I need to use. I have the websites open that I'll have to reference. But I've been browsing The Onion and Cracked instead, all day, procrastinating. Not cause I'm too tired to do it. The only plausible reason is utter laziness....


    *shrug* Perhaps a counselor would give me the kick in the ass I need. I'm not sure why the thought is so daunting though.
    A counselor's job, in part, is to help people with whatever personal problems they have, including laziness. I don't know the statistics, but I'd say that a majority of people who visit with counselors wouldn't be diagnosed with disorders. Especially school counselors, who interact with students in similar situations as you (failing grades, no motivation, etc.) They're there to help you find a way to emotionally cope with the stressors you're experiencing.

    Right now, I'm doing the same thing you are (procrastinating), but I'm pretty sure I know why. I'm not happy with the classes that I'm taking, and I don't really see the benefit of doing the work, other than keeping other people from judging me negatively. Thats a horrible motivator. As such, you don't sound happy with where you are in life either, and this cycle of negative thoughts that you seem to express can keep you from ever finding a reason to engage life.



    Go see a school counselor. If nothing else they can help you determine whether school's the best environment for you to be in right now.

  10. #140
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    ^ I like SRT's comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Synapse, I've not forgotten your suggestions, but I think you're pushing too hard. You're biased about this particular issue and see your own experience when we're discussing mine...
    I understand, you may find the information helpful later in your life. We each of us have a story and it is remarkably linked. I work in sensibility and testing with the additional tests I have mentioned is sensible. Doing the basal body temperature is simple. Still there are different factors, we each of us are different in how health affects us. Its up to our own initiative to learn as much as we can, from unbiased sources.

    And Fan.of.Devin if you are intending to continue in the same patterns your whole life then you will. I comprehend with clarity and insight. What I copy past is from written material from a book I happen to own, nvm the site. It is sourced from a Dr's point of view. you are right I am no Dr and what I post is sound. You are okay to dismiss it because of the site and what you say. I disagree with you, I implore you to understand that what I talk about is neither propaganda nor conspiracy. Each to their own I suppose. I really have no idea why Dr Broda Barnes and Dr Barry Durrant Peatfield would make it up, sure are dismissed and opposed for their views though, naturally because they made millions.

Similar Threads

  1. Psychosis and... Me? One year later
    By Oeufa in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 11:03 PM
  2. Hello from me and Me
    By Sponge in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO