User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    But what if it is just laziness? Then I've no one but myself to blame for the huge academic and financial mess I'm in.
    Would you rather have a bit of financial and academic mess or a mental one? You can fix your financial/academic one..but you can't go back in time and get yourself help sooner. You need to stop thinking about it and just do it and know you'll be better off for doing so.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP

It's not a lack of energy (though I do always seem to be tired, but I'm pegging that down as poor diet) that stops me working though. It's like I just can't push myself to start. Like this essay worth 50% of my class I have due in tomorrow. I know I need to do it. Microsoft Word has been sitting open on my desktop for the last 7 hours, waiting for me to type something. I have all the books and music scores beside me that I need to use. I have the websites open that I'll have to reference. But I've been browsing The Onion and Cracked instead, all day, procrastinating. Not cause I'm too tired to do it. The only plausible reason is utter laziness....

*shrug* Perhaps a counselor would give me the kick in the ass I need. I'm not sure why the thought is so daunting though.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    Would you rather have a bit of financial and academic mess or a mental one? You can fix your financial/academic one..but you can't go back in time and get yourself help sooner. You need to stop thinking about it and just do it and know you'll be better off for doing so.
    That's assuming I do have a mental problem and not a lazy problem though
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

What would you tell a friend who's in your position?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

To either suck it up and get on with it or to see a therapist of some sort to whinge to. I'm pretty impatient, and generally a shit friend
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

Well, I just read back entirely through this thread (when did it get so long?) and I just wanna apologise. I've come across as really whiny and annoying and spun around in circles. Anyway, I know y'all think it's worthwhile for me to make an appointment for my own sake, but I can't seem to work up the will to do that. So I'm giving myself an incentive. If ya see a pic of me wearing these beauties on this thread tomorrow evening, you'll know I made the app. Yes I know it's self inflicted poverty (money I don't have on stuff I don't need) but I just can't make myself go otherwise. Besides they're awesome and I wanna stomp around in them.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Hey, whatever works!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Heh. That's what I'm sayin'. *imagines self stomping around in new boots*
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

Well it's been what, 10? 11? hours since I sat down to start this assignment and still not 1 word written. I wonder if I actually meant to get any work done today, or just planned to be unproductive and stir up shite on this thread as a distraction...

Anyway I'm off to bed, as it's clear I won't be getting any work done tonight after all. Maybe I'll cobble together a hasty essay a matin. Til then, I shall stop treating this thread like a blog
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    It's not a lack of energy (though I do always seem to be tired, but I'm pegging that down as poor diet) that stops me working though. It's like I just can't push myself to start. Like this essay worth 50% of my class I have due in tomorrow. I know I need to do it. Microsoft Word has been sitting open on my desktop for the last 7 hours, waiting for me to type something. I have all the books and music scores beside me that I need to use. I have the websites open that I'll have to reference. But I've been browsing The Onion and Cracked instead, all day, procrastinating. Not cause I'm too tired to do it. The only plausible reason is utter laziness....

*shrug* Perhaps a counselor would give me the kick in the ass I need. I'm not sure why the thought is so daunting though.
    Have you considered one of the NFP types?

Between this post, your "overuse" of "emoticons" claimed in your signature, and your strange fantasies about being raped by a supernatural being, you might just be an NF rather than mentally ill.

*just kidding*