User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

A lazy person looks for the most comforrtable path (i.e. Least resistence), you suffer and hit a brick wall when you would be better off working. That isn't lazyness, that's a symptom.

Quit beating yourself up and get your ass to a pro who will tell you what's going on. Lazy people enjoy doing nothing. If doing nothing hurts you and yet you somehow can't help it, that's something else.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post

Do you avoid the phone like the plague? A fear of the phone is common in people with anxiety.

I know loads of people who avoid making phone calls if there's a different way available to them. Are you telling me they're all mentally unwell too?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring
    Quit beating yourself up and get your ass to a pro who will tell you what's going on. Lazy people enjoy doing nothing. If doing nothing hurts you and yet you somehow can't help it, that's something else.
    That makes sense but still... I dunno. It seems like I'm just making excuses again (albeit rather grandiose excuses compared to my normal ones). I'm the master of excuses after all. I had it down to a fine art when I was in secondary school - I rarely if ever handed up homework, and while that usually got other kids in trouble I somehow endeared myself unto my teachers. They all (bar one with whom I had a personality clash) liked me. I got into the lazy habit in 2nd level and now I'm feeling the repercussions in 3rd level where I can't just charm the pants of my tutors and hope for the best.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    I know loads of people who avoid making phone calls if there's a different way available to them. Are you telling me they're all mentally unwell too?
    Not at all. I am merely pointing out that you have enough symptoms to warrant a look into your mental health. You may just not like the phone..it was a weak one to draw on. But if there is a chance that this is more than laziness, you can save yourself a LOT of pain by addressing it early on. And the number of replies suggesting, and even pushing, that you seek help, should be concerning.

What do you have to lose? A bit of time and money that you think you can't afford to lose? It pales in comparison to what you lose if you don't go and there is something wrong. And sure..maybe you think "you're not explaining it right"..but that's an excuse too.

I'd be a much better place in my life right now if didn't make excuses and put it off out of fear and label it laziness. I would hate to see anyone else go though it.

Whatever you decide, just make a well informed decision.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^^^ There really is nothing to loose. If you're feeling anxious/lazy/uncertain these are things that a councilor or therapist would help you with. I went to see a councilor before I made some really big decisions in my life. I knew what my problem was, I had an inkling on how to fix it, but talking about it with someone was what it took to get me to make changes.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oeufa, i honestly think it would be beneficial to go for an assessment appointment... i would'nt keep posting if i did not.

And you know what, i take back anything i have said that is not directly related to this because it's important and i now feel quite shitty about getting caught up in other crap...which is not important.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    Not at all. I am merely pointing out that you have enough symptoms to warrant a look into your mental health. You may just not like the phone..it was a weak one to draw on. But if there is a chance that this is more than laziness, you can save yourself a LOT of pain by addressing it early on. And the number of replies suggesting, and even pushing, that you seek help, should be concerning.
    But what if it is just laziness? Then I've no one but myself to blame for the huge academic and financial mess I'm in.

What do you have to lose? A bit of time and money that you think you can't afford to lose? It pales in comparison to what you lose if you don't go and there is something wrong. And sure..maybe you think "you're not explaining it right"..but that's an excuse too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth
    There really is nothing to loose. If you're feeling anxious/lazy/uncertain these are things that a councilor or therapist would help you with. I went to see a councilor before I made some really big decisions in my life. I knew what my problem was, I had an inkling on how to fix it, but talking about it with someone was what it took to get me to make changes.
    I dunno. Too many "ifs". Logically I know I've nothing to lose by going to see a counselor. Nothing but my excuses anyway.

I guess I just feel a bit lost. I mean, I'm not bothered with school work, I'm too lazy to properly hunt for part-time work, I'm terrified of letting people get close to me that I push any romantic interests away and I'm too scared of growing up and being a responsible adult that I'm hiding behind my flimsy excuses. If I go to a psychologist and tell them all this they'll just tell me to snap the fuck out of it and cop on. I mean, I'm the only goddamn thing holding myself back. What's the point of paying someone the privilege of telling me the same thing?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

ThatGirl

Oeufa, who cares what it is?

Your doing the same thing in this thread that you are complaining about, and that is going in circles instead of doing something about it.

Either go see a counselor or don't. Its your life, your experience, and what you want from it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    But what if it is just laziness? Then I've no one but myself to blame for the huge academic and financial mess I'm in.

I dunno. Too many "ifs". Logically I know I've nothing to lose by going to see a counselor. Nothing but my excuses anyway.

I guess I just feel a bit lost. I mean, I'm not bothered with school work, I'm too lazy to properly hunt for part-time work, I'm terrified of letting people get close to me that I push any romantic interests away and I'm too scared of growing up and being a responsible adult that I'm hiding behind my flimsy excuses. If I go to a psychologist and tell them all this they'll just tell me to snap the fuck out of it and cop on. I mean, I'm the only goddamn thing holding myself back. What's the point of paying someone the privilege of telling me the same thing?
    lol There is absolutely no psychologist that will tell you to snap the fuck out of it. Mental health is very subjective, if you're in a mental health professional's office, they'll figure that you have a reason to be there. And they'll help you work it out. I think any professional knows that accomplishing changes requires more than just powering it through. If it were as easy as flipping a switch, you would've done it already.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I think no professional psychologist or councelor would ever talk to you in that tone you apply to yourself.

Look up "lazy" in a dictionary. It means a tendency to avoid work despite the ability (out of preference) not a lack of energy!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I think no professional psychologist or councelor would ever talk to you in that tone you apply to yourself.

Look up "lazy" in a dictionary. It means a tendency to avoid work despite the ability (out of preference) not a lack of energy!
    actually laziness can be a symptom