User Tag List

First 234

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

guys... he has to eat something still.

Ok Kiddo, what could we offer to entice you to give up fast food. *secrets thread part 3 warning?*

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Just think about how clogged your artery's will be if you continue eating crap. You can also watch Fast Food Nation and Super Size Me and those should keep you from stuffing your face. I've given up caffeine and started drinking water in an effort to become healthier and I hardly ever eat fried foods or french fries. If I go to McDonald's I usually get 2 grilled snack wraps without sauce and a bottle of water.

You can do it!

Edit: Sorry for the repeat reference to Super Size Me. What can I say, it's a great movie. Made me start thinking about my food choices, well that and my DR said my cholesterol was on the high side.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    wow, i used to be addicted to fast food, and i've totally beat my addiction. I never eat fast food anymore. I also used to love that beautiful Ultimate cheeseburger, until i saw the nutrition information for it, and then it made me feel a bit sick.

the ultimate cheese burger has 1010 calories and 71 grams of fat!
    and then if you add curly fries to it, which i always did. Thats 550 calories and over 30 grams of fat. That is more calories in one meal than i eat in a whole day now.

I've never been like really fat, which is surprising when i look back at the way i used to eat. I am a bit overweight, but i like to keep my curves. .
    I've lost about 25 pounds since i quit eating fast food.
    I'm still addicted to food in general, but now i only put healthy things in my body.
    At least you're not addicted to Monte Cristo's.

Alright, I used to work for Bennigan's. It is nearly impossible to find Nutrition Facts for their food, most notably because the Monte Cristo Sandwich (a battered, deep fried sandwich, containing American/swiss and turkey/ham, covered in powdered sugar, and served with raspberry jam) is 3000 calories on its own; without including the fries. I don't know the grams of fat, but shit...this sandwich "will" kill you. The last GM we had had actually been at a store when someone had a heart attack while eating one.

There's so much grease on this thing it'll make you sick. Also, if you've never tried one, don't; you've been warned.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    ENTP

Start to exercise. Seriously, when you exercise regularly, you feel so good, you'll just ignore the potato chips and grab an apple instead.

Even when you feel like eating junk food, go for the relatively lower fat ones. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Works like a charm.

If you get a sudden craving for junk food when you're not even hungry, pop a mint in your mouth or brush your teeth if you're at home. The minty feeling destroys the craving completely!

MBTI
    INTP

I second the regular exercise. You'd be surprised how your body starts craving healthy stuff.

Btw, when was the last time you had a really nice sit-down, from-scratch, delicious, high-quality meal?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Find some mints. Eat them.

Ever tried having one of those cheese burgers after a strong mint? Not something I'd like to repeat.

Thinking about it that works for most things... except smoking.. tried that.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Find some mints. Eat them.

Ever tried having one of those cheese burgers after a strong mint? Not something I'd like to repeat.

Thinking about it that works for most things... except smoking.. tried that.
    That does work... to cut calories further, sucking on sugar free peppermint hard candy works. I learned the hard way... lemonaide after sucking on the candy... eeeewww! Now I use it like Xander said.

MBTI
    Pfft

My suggestion: go to McDonald's one more time, and keep this in mind while you're there:

Observe the temperature and texture. Realize that by the time you finish it, parts of it are room temperature. Why? Because you are eating lard. No. Seriously. Imagine putting the thing in boiling water and seeing it dissolve into a pearly, translucent, bubbling and popping layer of thick grease. Like a cross between gravy and Elmer's paste.

Next, take in the smell. You know what that is? That's the smell of dead, dehydrated blood cells. Take another long whiff. Remember it. Keep it in the back of your mind. It will smell exactly the same after your body is done processing it. In fact, your post-bodily-process-product will smell just like that if you didn't eat it at all.

If that doesn't help, then just enjoy. Enjoy your salty, congealed grease pie, layered with unidentifiable yellow melted waxy substance, that smells like poop. I can only imagine that you were something akin to an Ouroboros during the Olestra era.

how'd i do?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu View Post
    My suggestion: go to McDonald's one more time, and keep this in mind while you're there:

Observe the temperature and texture. Realize that by the time you finish it, parts of it are room temperature. Why? Because you are eating lard. No. Seriously. Imagine putting the thing in boiling water and seeing it dissolve into a pearly, translucent, bubbling and popping layer of thick grease. Like a cross between gravy and Elmer's paste.

Next, take in the smell. You know what that is? That's the smell of dead, dehydrated blood cells. Take another long whiff. Remember it. Keep it in the back of your mind. It will smell exactly the same after your body is done processing it. In fact, your post-bodily-process-product will smell just like that if you didn't eat it at all.

If that doesn't help, then just enjoy. Enjoy your salty, congealed grease pie, layered with unidentifiable yellow melted waxy substance, that smells like poop. I can only imagine that you were something akin to an Ouroboros during the Olestra era.

how'd i do?

Ugh. You did very well. Gross. I'm never going to McDonald's ever again.