User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

You can also watch all the super obese shows on discovery health, that always makes me not want to eat.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It's interesting to note that most people I know who regularly eat fast food are skinny or average at most. I also know a lot of people who are overweight and never even touch fast food. I really don't think that fast food is a cause of obesity in of itself as much as genetics. I think the conceptions of fast food necessarily causing obesity is skewed by the media which is largely anti-corporation.
    Not true. Those that eat fast food as a good portion of their meals normally eat maybe 2 meals a day. A surplus of calories = weight gain, period. Fast food is high calorie and fatty which means your body will most likely store a portion of it as fat (unless your body is just burning off everything you eat because of high metabolism or because of a deficit in calories). So if you aren't eating a lot in a given day (regardless of what type of food it is), you won't gain significant amounts of fat. That doesn't mean that you are treating your body optimally and aren't slowly clogging your arteries though. Like Dana said, your diet shouldn't be dictated by your weight solely. It's a knowledge of nutrition that's important.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I forgot:

Go rent the movie "Super Size It"... you may never eat fast food again.
    I've seen it. I love his movies, and his 30 Days series was the bomb. Especially the one where he lived on minimum wage for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    You can also watch all the super obese shows on discovery health, that always makes me not want to eat.
    Those shows usually make me hungry. It's anorexic super models that kill my appetite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I can't eat most fast food because it will kill me Sad, because I like nothing better than a good bacon cheeseburger

The easiest way to give something up is if you've made a deal with someone else- like the time I made a deal with an alcoholic friend that he'd give up drinking more than 4 beers a day for a month if I gave up all forms of junk food- including french fries (I adore french fries ) This was back when I could actually EAT everything! I resented every minute of it, but I didn't want to break a promise, so I managed a month (including a road trip ) without junk food of any sort

That, or informing yourself that it will kill you- which is how I quit eating bread

I totally sympathize though- when sick I want nothing more than a plate of french fries and some ice cream!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    wow, i used to be addicted to fast food, and i've totally beat my addiction. I never eat fast food anymore. I also used to love that beautiful Ultimate cheeseburger, until i saw the nutrition information for it, and then it made me feel a bit sick.

the ultimate cheese burger has 1010 calories and 71 grams of fat!
    and then if you add curly fries to it, which i always did. Thats 550 calories and over 30 grams of fat. That is more calories in one meal than i eat in a whole day now.

I've never been like really fat, which is surprising when i look back at the way i used to eat. I am a bit overweight, but i like to keep my curves. .
    I've lost about 25 pounds since i quit eating fast food.
    I'm still addicted to food in general, but now i only put healthy things in my body.
    Yeah, last time I was in an airport and had a layover I got mcdonalds to eat and I had a big mac and looked at the nutrion info and I so badly wanted to go throw it up. Never again never ever again am I going to read nutrion information on fast food.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    That, or informing yourself that it will kill you- which is how I quit eating bread
    Whole grain breads are great for you.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Whole grain breads are great for you.
    not for ME
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    not for ME
    Oh I C. That's unfortunate. =/

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I forgot:

Go rent the movie "Super Size It"... you may never eat fast food again.
    Super size me... I found it to be fascinating in a sickening way...

I've pretty much always been far too skinny. I suppose it's due to genetics... Hmmm ways to reduce fast food consumption.

Ummm about the curly fries... perhaps you can buy frozen fries or something that you bake yourself? That'll reduce the oil. Also all that salt isn't good for you either... try to cut back on that. High sodium diets is as bad for you as fat/cholesterol. Leads to water retention = weight gain. Not to mention it's bad for your heart and kidneys.

As to the burgers... x-X Would substituting with say a roast beef sandwich or something help? Not sure if you have Arbys down at the states... but they make really good roast beef sandwiches with cheese. Yum! Although they're also famous for their curly fries... it's uhhh difficult to not order it. I'm not helping much am I?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

High sodium also leads to high blood pressure.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.