User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default What's the best sort of exercise?

I've lived a sedantry existence for too long and I think I like my food a little to much for someone in their early thirties, so I'm deciding to make a change, I'm wondering though what to do, I'm not a gym bunny and I've tried it twice with two pretty different gyms, its not my thing. In the past I've done martial arts, running and distance walking/hiking. I used to swim but dont like it much now, mainly as a result of poor body image. So suggestions?

ThatGirl

MMA, I had to quit because I started looking like one of the "rock people."

Other than that,at the gym I noticed that all the women with the nicest butt and thighs were on the bicycles......not sure if that helps.

Phantonym

Bicycle? Rollerblades? Yoga? Etc. Why not just try everything that seems interesting and affordable and go with that. Take it easy at first. And also try to work on your body image and don't discard any kind of exercise just yet. You might find that once things start to change for you you'll start to enjoy things you didn't before. Good luck and happy hunting.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    Bicycle? Rollerblades? Yoga? Etc. Why not just try everything that seems interesting and affordable and go with that. Take it easy at first. And also try to work on your body image and don't discard any kind of exercise just yet. You might find that once things start to change for you you'll start to enjoy things you didn't before. Good luck and happy hunting.

So true.....

Tell you what op. I am walking into the gym right now. I challenge you to stop whatever you are doing right now, and find some way to move for the next 30 minutes with me. Then we can come back on and talk about how great that felt.

If you have to just put on some music and dance non stop like an idiot for the next half hour.....

Okay got to go get buff!

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm going to get dressed and hit the road, going for walk is the only real option I got, not enough room in my room to dance how I'd please. Post after.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't exercise regularly but if someone drags me to the gym I'll work out til I feel like I'm going to faint, so I should exercise more, but when I do, I do it to the extreme. I like bike riding, but I never think hey I should work out today. I'm usually like nap time. I also enjoy swimming, though I'm incapable swimming in a straight line so I'm either running into the lane divider or the wall
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ThatGirl

Yes! Awesome workout. Some reason, just knowing someone was working out at the same time, caused me to push harder, go longer. For the next little while I am going to ride the wave of energy......and get other crap done I have been procrastinating.

Woot!

MBTI
    INTP

Swim

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

It's really a subjective preference. I prefer doing Zumba classes (latin dance fusion), because I love that it has the feeling of a party in a healthy, social atmosphere.
    Some people can't stand it. One friend prefers to walk/jog outside to zone and take in the sights. That or she prefers the strictness of choreographed dance classes. Another friend enjoys Muay Thai Kickboxing, likely because it challenges her body and has the reward of moving up in armbands.

It's really dependent on who you are and what satiates you in the realm of exercise. It's never about the best, but the best for you.
    So what are your interests activity-wise? Do you like to be alone with your exercise, or around others with the same interest? Etc. Find what motivates you.
    Probably a huge reason in why people don't exercise enough is because it feels like work, or becomes too repetitive.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Swim
    I'd suggest swimming too. Don't like it myself, but it is a great all around workout and low impact.