• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you think you're fat or skinny?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Thank you, kind sir. :rolli:

I'm not a sir, either. Did I say something untrue?

I really wasn't trying to attack you for it or anything. It just seems silly for a bunch of people to tell you you are underweight by their standards when you clearly hold an entirely different set of standards.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I really wasn't trying to attack you for it or anything. It just seems silly for a bunch of people to tell you you are underweight by their standards when you clearly hold an entirely different set of standards.

tsk tsk tsk patches, everyone knows that a bmi of 16 is obese. I mean i'm 20 and I'm morbidly obese, I don't know how you don't vomit looking at me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

People with eating disorders and body image dysmorphia often do not take well to being confronted (whether it means being underweight or overweight). I guess it's just like anyone being confronted by something going on with them that might be very unhealthy.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Goddamn your Si. lol

I don't deny that I'm technically underweight. I just don't like my bone structure.

It's not body dysmorphia either. I don't think I'm fat at all - unfit, oh yeah...when you can't climb a flight of stairs without needing to catch your breath, you are objectively unfit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Goddamn your Si. lol

I don't deny that I'm technically underweight. I just don't like my bone structure.

It's not body dysmorphia either. I don't think I'm fat at all - unfit, oh yeah...when you can't climb a flight of stairs without needing to catch your breath, you are objectively unfit.

I've always found this phenomenon strange...very slender people who are out of shape and can't catch their breath, while people who have more weight on them actually might be very physically fit in terms of health and endurance.

It just goes to show how warped our society's priorities can be.

I am sorry if I offended you by saying you had body dysmorphia if that is not the case.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've always found this phenomenon strange...very slender people who are out of shape and can't catch their breath, while people who have more weight on them actually might be very physically fit in terms of health and endurance.

It just goes to show how warped our society's priorities can be.

I am sorry if I offended you by saying you had body dysmorphia if that is not the case.

No worries. Dress shopping is a bitch though...

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Goddamn your Si. lol

Heh. My ESTP friend is the same way. She told me, "I can run really fast...from here to up the stairs, then I'm useless". So I responded to her that, basically then, she's like a dwarf: Fierce at short distances.

She laughed at that, which is cool because she's one of my few female friends that would get my Lord of the Rings references :laugh:

No idea why I felt compelled to share that story, your comment just made me think of that conversation.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
I am fucking beautiful. 5'5", 135lbs with enough breast to make it count and large curvaceous hips. In December I was 150lbs and significantly less happy with my appearance. Portion control coupled with a mixture of stress/depression brought me down to where I am now (not proud of it, I wish I could say something great like exercise) but now that Spring is here and I have the time I'm planning to knock off those last ten pounds and tone/firm up my legs and stomach to complete the package.

crimsonhaze

MBTI Type
INFP
I've always thought that I'm overweight. I'm not actually, but I just get this feeling that I'm near it. I'm 5'1 and I weigh around 120-ish pounds. I've always been insecure about my weight. I've always been a 110 pounds, I'm struggling to reach that again. Here are my other thoughts for why I think people have weight issues. http://healthmad.com/weight-loss/weight-issues/

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i am just right - neither one nor the other. lately i've started to feel closer to being underweight because i have been saving up on food. i'm not usually aware of this, but when i do notice myself in the mirror once in a while, i may not be comfortable with the way i look. (once a friend suggested that i try on a dress in an extra-small size, made for an anorexic as she put it, and when it fit, she told me i should take better care of myself because the weight loss was obvious. she also said i had no bust to speak of any longer, though my cup size used to be fairly large. i had to admit that she was right). still, it is nothing too drastic.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I never get fat, I have a strict diet to keep an ideal weight. I like to keep myself healthy all the time, balance is the key.

Conway

Permabanned
I don't think that i am fatty because i did regularly workout in gym but if you feel that then you also do work out to shape your body and burns your fat.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am unsure if i've replied previously but what the hell ... I think we need more options. Something on the lines of:

- Skinny
- Fat
- Curvy and loving it
- Confident in the skin i'm in
- distorted view of my body
- And more i can't be arsed to write up

Oh, i'm confident in the skin i'm in :)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weight has never been an issue. It has been extremely stable all my life.

The heaviest I have ever weighed was 54 kilos at age 17 after spending a year in America (more junkfood than at home and no sport which I hated but had to do over here), the lightest - once fully grown - was 49 kilos. I have never been above or below the 50-52 kilo range in at least a decade without ever having to do anything about it.

I have never been on a diet and I hate sports. But since I don't have a car, I walk a lot and I do have a small stomach by nature, so I am easily full and used to eating small portions. My diet contains way too much junk but I also have a natural craving for salad and veggies often enough to stay healthy. Looking at my immediate family I assume a good bit of it is genetic, all of them have been pretty healthy and stable over their lifetime.

But being happy (and lucky!) with my weight and figure does not mean that I like everything about my body. Far from it.

- My legs are disproportionately short and finding a pair of jeans that fits is a nightmare (seriously, 28w,30l - how hard can it be?! Ahggrrrrrr!). That means that I look like a child who snitched her momma's shoes when I wear high heels. So it's either flats (more comfortable anyway) or midrange heels at the most.

- It took me 31 years (i.e. until a few months ago) to find the right hair treatment so that I don't look like I am wearing a flat, lifeless piece of straw on my head (think stereotypical geek).
- It took my facial skin for ever to clear up and I still have to pay the price when I leave the slightest bit of makeup on for too. So I usually don't wear any at all.
- My c cups are okay but I am absolutely paranoid about them dropping. The French have this test where you put a pencil under your breast. It stays put with my arms down and drops the moment I raise them - so I guess I'm still in the clear. Hmmm.
- Frida Kahlo has nothing on my younger self when it comes to monobrows...yay for tweezers!
- I wear both glasses and contact lenses. I felt ugly for 21 years until I finally had my contacts - how I hated those glasses!!! - and still feel much more at ease with them compared to my glasses. But lately I have gotten lazy and started to feel okay about seeing myself in them. The boyfriend even claims he prefers me this way (a bit of a nerd fetish :wubbie:)

So yeah, let's say that despite never having had a weight problem at all, I felt unattractive for about the first 2/3 of my life and attractive for the last 1/3. I still hate to be photographed though. That never changed!

Weight isn't everything.

Phthalate

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm a fatty (BMI of 29), but I've dropped it by about 6 points in the last year, and I should be at around 24 by the end of this year :).

D

Dali

I look (while not quite skinny) thin to most people but I veer between feeling out-of-shape and skinny-fat or lean, depending on how often I hit the gym. I've got a weirdly malleable body. I'm in a skinny-fat phase at the moment.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm plus sized, but I'm doing something about it. Well, I'm trying VERY hard. I cannot exercise due to some extreme health issues, yes extreme. But I am going to try to change my relationship with food.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm neither. I looke like a lumberjack. I've got some fat, but it is mostly muscle. I work out in periods.
During winter, I can't be bothered to go outside when the sun isn't out... So I pretty much work out during spring, summer, autumn and then spend the dark months inside.
So naturally my body fat goes up during winter due to inactivity. I lost 20 pounds last year, though, due to massive effort. And I haven't regained them.
However, there's the body fat percentage, and that has increased. And I really need to stop buying cigarettes a couple of times a week and start running again.
And more gym training.

A

Anew Leaf

Interesting thread premise.

I've lost 70 lbs in the last year, and at times in my head I still think of myself as that person.

Physical changes are easier to deal with at times than the mental readjustments that need to take place.

I've been doing a lot of weight and resistance exercises the past few months and that has added on a lot of muscle to me. I don't really think I am skinny by any means, just getting more athletic if anything else.

I am not sure I truly see myself as I am so I will have to consider this and perhaps post an update later.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm skinny. For years I was flatly underweight, now I'm on the low end for healthy weight for size/age/gender.