• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you think you're fat or skinny?

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
What sucks is if you don't have the "protective" hip fat...but they still look fat due to wide-set hipbones. Last week, an acquaintance, an Asian male, commented that I should go on a diet because I have "fat hips".

My BMI is 16. :ninja:

Probably cuz the majority of Asian women don't have hips like most women.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
What sucks is if you don't have the "protective" hip fat...but they still look fat due to wide-set hipbones. Last week, an acquaintance, an Asian male, commented that I should go on a diet because I have "fat hips".

This story should've gone "Last week, an acquaintance, an Asian male, had scalding hot coffee thrown in his face after suggesting I go on a diet to lose my "fat hips".

F

figsfiggyfigs

But you're like 117, and 5'11. I think he was being sarcastic.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But you're like 117, and 5'11. I think he was being sarcastic.

He wasn't. He's done the same thing to his girlfriend, though he was carrying on about her "bingo wings" or smth.

He certainly didn't get away without a smartass remark. I forgot what I said, but he was not happy. :devil:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This story should've gone "Last week, an acquaintance, an Asian male, had scalding hot coffee thrown in his face after suggesting I go on a diet to lose my "fat hips".

+1....not to mention, if you are 117lb and 5'11, he has serious issues, since I'm pretty sure that already makes you underweight. since BMI of 16 is considered very underweight (though you might still be healthy).

And tell his gf to dump him. Jeeeeeeez.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL, I generally love my butt (or do now, seeing as more than a few men have appreciated it). It's a good butt for a white girl. However, I am carrying too much weight right now. I'm trying to squeeze in more incidental excersize. I've put all the weight, because I just don't walk as much, and I walked every where, which is why I never worried so much before.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6'0", 137 lbs. I'm universally considered skinny, but my doctors have been telling me for years and years that I'm, "disgustingly healthy" (their words, not mine)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
+1....not to mention, if you are 117lb and 5'11, he has serious issues, since I'm pretty sure that already makes you underweight. since BMI of 16 is considered very underweight (though you might still be healthy).

And tell his gf to dump him. Jeeeeeeez.

It's annoying, because even though I'm technically "underweight", I've got very obvious hips (36"). I don't think even surgeries can make my hips smaller. I've looked. lol

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ Talk to me about obvious hips, when you're 39" to 40"

36" inches is average at best, if not a tiny bit smaller.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

pft. 39-40 is woman curves... you are supposed to have them you dolt!
Wimmenz look a billions times better with curves than with teenage boy figures.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
41" hips here! :rock:

I wouldn't want to have tiny hips. Never.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess

Keep in perspective that this is the same girl who called Chelsea Handler chubby in the "Why is thin sexy?" thread. Her perception of fat vs. thin appears to be slightly atypical from the other members here.

F

figsfiggyfigs

pft. 39-40 is woman curves... you are supposed to have them you dolt!
Wimmenz look a billions times better with curves than with teenage boy figures.

Well, I was saying, that 36" is average, and she shouldn't be seeking out a way to make them smaller, or complaining that she has them.
MrCockburn, Considering your height and weight, I think the size of your hips(if anything) give your body a level of curves. Better than having a carrot shaped body.

I'm 39", but I wear size 40" sometimes, because of my rump. Finding jeans in Scandinavia is very tough. The majority of females are <36"; probably the only reason I complain.

Keep in perspective that this is the same girl who called Chelsea Handler chubby in the "Why is thin sexy?" thread. Her perception of fat vs. thin appears to be slightly atypical from the other members here.

Oh right, this is the same person that went ape-shit in that thread lol.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah my hips are somewhere in the 34 to 36 inch range, but I'm also only 5'3." Taller women would naturally have wider hips unless they were very skinny or small boned. A tall woman with 36 inch hips is actually pretty slender I would say.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Dear god, you're underweight. Like seriously you're in the BMI range of anorexics and professional female athletes who start to lose their periods.

If a man told you "you have fat hips" he must be very self-conscious about his own diminuitive size. I take it this was a very short, small boned Asian man who is threatened by any women who make him realize he's physically smaller? Like some warped Napolean complex?

He sounds like an insecure douche. Men can be horribly insecure about being small, just like women can be insecure about being big. It's a social construct.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Thank you, kind sir. :rolli:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
P.S. I'm also not discriminating against small or Asian men in my last post. I'm actually attracted to some Asian men, I've dated a guy who was only 5'6" and weighed about 140 pounds (if that), and my ENTJ friend from Yekaterinburg is tall but very small boned and slender.

I'm just pointing out that some small men are very insecure and take it out on any woman who is taller than they are, or who makes them aware that they are considered smaller than average for a male.