• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you think you're fat or skinny?

O

Oberon

I would say average. I don't think I've been "skinny" since I was a teenager and not fully developed, when some stupid boys called me "tits on a stick" and made jokes about me falling over foward.

That's just stupid!

...I mean, obviously you'd fall over to the left...

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll admit to fattie-status. I do think that it's very different to be aware of one's own potential fatness than to have the mentality that one is fat.
I have awareness of my weight, because I don't like to be delusional. In the same token, I don't have the mentality of "Momma dun told me i's gun always be a fat kid, so I's fat always :puppy_dog_eyes:". I know people with that mentality and it's disturbing to me. I'd venture to say that my awareness in this regard allows me to be more confident and happier than a number of my friends who would be considered skinny or average. It's not something I'm ridiculously proud of either, just based on the fact that I wish said friends could tune into the reality of themselves and feel content like I do.

Totes why I frequent the type c challenge thread :laugh:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I would say average, neither overly fat or overly skinny. My ribs stick out, but I can never seem to get rid of my side fat and I do feel overweight. I work out excessively because I am so unhappy with that particular area, but it seems like nothing I do effects it. I guess it's just something I have to accept.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm at 205 lbs. right now. I feel best when I'm around 175-185, so I need to shed a few. I've done it before, but it's never an easy step to cut down on what you eat and exercise, especially when it doesn't feel good to do it, or it's raining, or cold outside, or whatever...
When I was younger, I thought I was fat. then I saw a video of a party from when I was around 24, and I was pretty skinny. I don't know why I had such a distorted image of myself, but I did.

gromit

likes this
Periods in my life when I'm not exercising as much I feel worse about my body. Then I go to the gym or run, even the first time back into a routine, and I look in the mirror, sweaty, pink-faced, DAMN YOU SEXY BITCHHHH! And I flex for myself. :cheese: Hahaha... true story.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm a fattie, there are some pictures around here I posted ages ago, can't be bothered finding them though.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I've gained almost 15 pounds since January and I'm still too skinny. But I'm definitely getting close

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I have more padding on my stomach than I'd like, but I'm not overweight. I have the muscle to do plentiful amounts of pull/push ups!

G

Glycerine

I know people would probably kill me for saying this but I want to lose some fat and get toned back down to 85-90 lbs. I know it is technically underweight but that was when I felt the best. Now I am 95-100 lbs and feel really lethargic (which usually means that I have been too sedentary). In essence, I kind of see myself as "fat" according to my personal standards. Active usually=upper 80's to lower 90s and not doing much= close to 100.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Subjectively and statistically, I am neither. I am very average in weight. But I should lose a little weight though, because I am really flabby. So I guess I consider myself sort of fat-skinny too. Running circles around my school and hitting the DDR mat should take care of that soon :)

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I know people would probably kill me for saying this but I want to lose some fat and get toned back down to 85-90 lbs. I know it is technically underweight but that was when I felt the best. Now I am 95-100 lbs and feel really lethargic (which usually means that I have been too sedentary). In essence, I kind of see myself as "fat" according to my personal standards. Active usually=upper 80's to lower 90s and not doing much= close to 100.

Eh more people would probably be concerned rather than wanting to kill you :tongue:.
It makes me curious what your height is, and how much you eat daily on average.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
very, very average... size 6 short jeans and a medium shirt :)

I'm naturally muscular though, and have to shop carefully for jeans that will fit over my leg muscles and ass and still fit the rest of me properly... the dangers of spending your day walking and climbing stairs :sadbanana:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I don't think of myself as skinny.. but mostly because I personally find the term a bit offensive. :shrug: Just the way I am.. Nothing gets under my skin faster than someone trying to call me skinny.

I don't think I'm overweight, though the army tells me that from time to time depending on which end of my weight range I happen to be at that particular time of year. I sorta just like my body the way it is.. it's not skinny for sure.. but I'm not fat either. I'm just average.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still think of myself as fat, but that is definitely changing... since I've dropped 25lb in the past 3 months I am definitely showing a flatter stomach and less potbelly, just still have the extra chub in the skin in certain spots. I suppose I had abdominal & liver fat that was bulging my stomach out a lot and *that* really made me look fat.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Neither. I basically have two settings: soft and in shape. I'm one of these people who could never be skinny due to body structure, but if I add muscle to my frame then I look nice and toned.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think of myself as petite and curvy, a bit of both. My bone structure is tiny, I'm very short (5'0'') and not too heavy (110lbs) and my proportions are 33B-24-38. I'm "pear-shaped." Such a ridiculous name. So no I don't think I'm fat.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
True. Men are notoriously bad at delivering compliments that are custom tailored to maneuvering around the infinite range of specific body image issues women tend to have, but we're working on it.

yeah. it sucks that you guys have to deal with the after effects of body image issues too. it's not like it's your fault any more than it is ours (though i do feel like the guy in my example was an ass, because it's really not one's place as an employee to be commenting on customers) - but you guys are born into the same social climate as we are. it's hard to escape the cycle, i think.

plus i imagine that it's hard for a man who has body image issues, too. women complaining about it is normal and accepted, even expected, but a man being concerned about his looks would probably meet with some social criticism.

I don't think of myself as skinny.. but mostly because I personally find the term a bit offensive. :shrug: Just the way I am.. Nothing gets under my skin faster than someone trying to call me skinny.

+1. and i hate when people are like "oh you're looking so thin lately!" i know it's meant as a compliment, but it's not their place to decide what weight is best for me.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
and i hate when people are like "oh you're looking so thin lately!" i know it's meant as a compliment, but it's not their place to decide what weight is best for me.

Yep. This is something I never understood until recently. A few months ago someone complimented me on how good I'm looking since the weight loss, which was nice, but she then told me I "don't need to lose any more" which annoyed the hell out of me. My inner reaction was like, 'WTF?? Don't tell me what to do!" I've never been on the receiving end of such comments before, and I was surprised by how much it irritated me.