• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you think you're fat or skinny?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
No I don't mean do other people think you're fat? I mean do you, yourself deep down think you're a fatty? I'm just curious of what people's perception of their bodies are on this, site and feel free to either post a picture or link to a post in the picture thread, but that last part is not needed.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm skinny. i've been skinny my whole life. that doesn't mean i'm 100% happy with my body or that i don't wish some parts of it were skinnier/different but i'm lucky for the most part. i was blessed with a very fast metabolism, although i know someday it'll disappear and i'll end up 300 pounds.

Last edited:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I am neither fat or skinny right now. I used to be very skinny, but now I think I have a very normal body shape.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Skinny, according to people around me. I'd like to lose about 10 pounds, though. Annoyingly, when my lower half looks like I'd like it to, my upper half gets too thin, and I can see ribs. HATE. THAT.

O

Oberon

I'm not fat. Jennifer could sure stand to lose a few pounds, but I look like frickin' Matthew McConnawhatzis.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I consider myself somewhat chubby. I'm not unhappy about it though. In the past, I've been over fifty pounds heavier than this and I'm glad to be where I am now. I'm hoping to lose more but I'm not complaining.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I do extremely well.. I am so grateful for my body.
I have no body fat, I am defined, my hands and feet and other extremities are apparently all well shaped and nice to the eyes as well.
I eat what I want.

Did I mention I am very grateful?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Fattish right now. I don't think I've ever been at an optimal weight for me, even though I've always fit in quite well into the average sort of population. I don't find it hard to find clothes, but I am affected enough that I don't wear short sleeves or shorts very readily and I tend to want to hide behind sweaters etc. I don't remember the last time I've worn a swimsuit.

Mostly it comes down to being more active. I know that when I am more toned those feelings of discomfort go away. I've never gained a whole lot of weight at once, but every year it's between 3 and 5 pounds more and so depending on my activity level that can really impact how I look.

I have a kind of bottom heavy hourglass shape (not pear, because I have a fairly proportional chest to the rest of my body). Weight loss/gain doesn't tend to gather on one particular area on me, which is both a good and a bad thing. It at least isn't immediately visible when I gain five pounds, but it also means I don't feel like I have one particular body part to showcase that looks spectacular. I don't really like how I feel or look right now, as I know it isn't healthy, but have been on a regular exercise routine for two weeks and hope to change that feeling over time.

Strangely enough, even though I'm self-conscious about wearing certain things or how I look generally, I've never felt that way around anyone I've been involved with and I've always had positive male feedback so weight has never been an issue in that regard.

I was awkward looking/feeling when I was 12, 13, 14 and it took a long time to see my body in a more realistic light, even after I had grown and thinned out and gotten more proportional. Now, weight isn't something that I would often even mention to others about being unhappy about. I realize I need more personal routine and discipline in my life and that most things that bother me are within my own control. The things I can't change, I think I've come to terms with pretty well, so I'd say I'm basically happy with my body, even though I need to make some improvements.

I think a lot of my body image in the past was shaped by having a mother who was very naturally shapely, with a well-balanced hourglass figure and thin without ever working out, as well as comparing myself to my older sister whom I deemed perfect and who was a much smaller version of me.

rav3n

No, neither fat or skinny. Based on clothing size, weight and measurements, on the thin side. Based on my preferences, within acceptable limits as it relates to myself only.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Meh. Neither. I'm neither fat or skinny. I think I'm rather average/normal for my height/body type(pear).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i have fluctuated in size many times over the years, but i have a muscular build, and have never felt thin. i would love to not worry about how my body looks for a day, but even if i try to not worry about it, it's inevitable that i get comments on it. some worker in a store once told me i have big calves for a girl. seriously? there's something i've never noticed. i've only been in this body, oh, 20 something years? do you think you're being helpful by pointing that out? fuck you, man. one, shouldn't you be restocking something, and two, there's no way your average woman would take that well, even if it was meant as a compliment or just an observation. i've had way too much teasing of my body over my lifetime to be okay to not have a comment like that conjure old wounds (and i go back in pictures of when classmates teased, and i think, what the fuck? i was technically underweight by numbers, but "thick" and curvy because of muscles. and i hated my body). i still hate my body. the last time i can remember liking it was when i was around 9. i kind of feel bad for it.

anyway, i said that to him, and he looked like a deer in headlights. a really dumb deer, that i wanted to run over again and again and again.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
i have fluctuated in size many times over the years, but i have a muscular build, and have never felt thin. i would love to not worry about how my body looks for a day, but even if i try to not worry about it, it's inevitable that i get comments on it. some worker in a store once told me i have big calves for a girl. seriously? there's something i've never noticed. i've only been in this body, oh, 20 something years? do you think you're being helpful by pointing that out? fuck you, man. there's no way your average woman would take that well, even if it was meant as a compliment or just an observation. i've had way too much teasing of my body over my lifetime to be okay to not have a comment like that conjure old wounds. i said that to him, and he looked like a deer in headlights. a really dumb deer.

I've been told I have impressive calves too!

:solidarity:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Well, I will always have wide hips and thunder thighs. Those just aren't ever going to go away, no matter what I weigh. And though my waist is pretty small, I don't think it's even possible for me to be what I perceive as 'thin' with my body type. Right now I feel fat, because over the last 3 months I put on about 20lbs really rapidly. Since I started the diabetes meds and diabetes-friendly-diet though, Ive lost 6 lbs.... So hopefully I'll get rid of the rest of that weight.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i have fluctuated in size many times over the years, but i have a muscular build, and have never felt thin. i would love to not worry about how my body looks for a day, but even if i try to not worry about it, it's inevitable that i get comments on it. some worker in a store once told me i have big calves for a girl. seriously? there's something i've never noticed. i've only been in this body, oh, 20 something years? do you think you're being helpful by pointing that out? fuck you, man. one, shouldn't you be restocking something, and two, there's no way your average woman would take that well, even if it was meant as a compliment or just an observation. i've had way too much teasing of my body over my lifetime to be okay to not have a comment like that conjure old wounds (and i go back in pictures of when classmates teased, and i think, what the fuck? i was technically underweight by numbers, but "thick" and curvy because of muscles. and i hated my body). i still hate my body. the last time i can remember liking it was when i was around 9. i kind of feel bad for it.

anyway, i said that to him, and he looked like a deer in headlights. a really dumb deer, that i wanted to run over again and again and again.

:hug: You too, huh..

I feel ya. It's why I refuse to post pics on here, at least for now. Don't need that kinda shit online as well. It's bad enough irl.
Still trying to figure out how to deal with it. I'm hoping you can grow immunity to those type of comments once you find yourself at peace with how you look and who you are.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm more thin than fat but pretty average i'd say...

and skylights i've been told i have nice shapely calves too which i took as a compliment! they said so many girls have lil bird legs...maybe that's how your person meant it too. :)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
and skylights i've been told i have nice shapely calves too which i took as a compliment! they said so many girls have lil bird legs...maybe that's how your person meant it too. :)

True. Men are notoriously bad at delivering compliments that are custom tailored to maneuvering around the infinite range of specific body image issues women tend to have, but we're working on it.

Sunny Ghost

For most of my life... skinny. Too skinny. In recent times, thin to average. My metabolism is definitely slowing down as I get older, and I find it harder and harder to retain my figure and this past year I've put on more weight than I'm comfortable with. Bah. But I'm not overweight... 5'8" and approx 135 to 140lbs.

I find myself comparing too much, and I don't particularly like it. So, sometimes, I feel very thin and attractive, and other times I feel very wide. I'm currently dating a guy who is under weight for his height (though he tries very hard to gain. He finds it difficult to do so with his metabolism. 5'11" and 125lbs.) And me being only a few inches shorter than him... I often feel like a big girl these days. But it's really only comparatively. I keep trying to remind myself that I'm a very healthy weight for my age and height. Pfft.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would say average. I don't think I've been "skinny" since I was a teenager and not fully developed, when some stupid boys called me "tits on a stick" and made jokes about me falling over forward.

The problem is that if I *do* gain weight it's in my upper body - breasts, arms, stomach - which makes someone look "fatter" than having big hips and thighs. SO I can't do that...I cannot gain weight, because I have before, and it's a tragedy (in my mind, at least).

My legs usually look good though, very muscular and the only problem would be is as I get older, if I lose muscle tone, my legs will be too skinny - I've seen this phenomenon in some of my older relatives.

I have body image issues, for sure, but I go through phases where I'm very happy with my body. It's one of those things, it's not my strong point, I don't have any sort of constant body confidence.