User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 217

  1. #61
    Senior Member chachamaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP
    Posts
    451

    Default

    I feel like a size 88 fat disgusting pig.

    But I'm in the single digits in US sizes.
    a cat is fine too

  2. #62
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm overweight by objective standards. My BMI is 28. If you're above 25, you're considered overweight.

    The weight tends to stubbornly stay on me and I must have large bones or something because if I tell people my real weight, they don't seem to believe I could possibly weigh that much.
    I'm around the same BMI. About underestimating weight, that seems very common when people try to guess women's weight. Being secretive about your weight is so common for women that people have no idea what certain weight ranges tend to look like. They can see a fit 140 pound woman and guess she's around 115, or imagine a 160 pound woman looks like 200 pound one actually does.

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't know if BMI is crazy, or we're just outgrowing it, (physically).. Since we're getting so big as a society. People are getting used to looking at big people. So, morbidly obese people just look big... Obese people just look large. Overweight people look normal. Normal people look thin. and so on down the line.
    Yeah, and I think that's behind some of the fuss and "concern" people work up over thin women. People are used to being around the mildly overweight and thinking of that as the norm (at least in real life, there are entirely different standards for actresses,etc.).

    I don't believe in using BMI as the sole measure of a healthy weight for individuals, because of variation in muscle mass and build and all that. But as a general rule, it does correlate fairly well with body fat levels. I've read a lot of jobs with fitness requirements will merely use it as a flag for further testing (people who are above a certain BMI are required to take a body fat test, and if that's not too high they're fine and aren't required to lose weight).

  3. #63
    Senior Member tibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    fool
    Posts
    688

    Default

    I'm fat.

    I prolly want to lose about 10 kg's and get alot more toned, that's my goal and ideal. I gained weight when I was an emo teenager and stopped a 10 year volleyball hobby.

  4. #64
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Yeah, and I think that's behind some of the fuss and "concern" people work up over thin women. People are used to being around the mildly overweight and thinking of that as the norm (at least in real life, there are entirely different standards for actresses,etc.)
    Yes, I've noticed how women from older generations respond favorably to my size/figure, commenting on how they remember when they were that tiny once. To them, I am simply normal for a woman in her 20s who has never had kids. Women from younger generations are the ones who make the negative comments, saying I need to eat something or whatever, but that's because they & their daughters have never been thin, but instead have always been a bit overweight.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #65
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yes, I've noticed how women from older generations respond favorably to my size/figure, commenting on how they remember when they were that tiny once. To them, I am simply normal for a woman in her 20s who has never had kids. Women from younger generations are the ones who make the negative comments, saying I need to eat something or whatever, but that's because they & their daughters have never been thin, but instead have always been a bit overweight.
    Yea, I don't really like comments about physique at all. (Whether it's the middle aged woman saying "I used to look like you back in the day", or someone saying, "Man, you are tiny." or my favorite, "I don't have time to stay in shape like you do.") I just really hate the whole gammot of comments. I'm hesitant to say that someone over the normal BMI is actually "overweight", like Chaotic said.. you can be fit and hold a lot of muscle and feel good and be heavier. I just think that people should stay as healthy as they can manage and let their body decide what's normal. But man, I always want to say to people who make comments, "My BMI is 24 or 25, man. I'm young, feel good about my body, and staying in shape and eating right is a priority in my life right now. No need to make awkward comments because you are insecure." Being factual about body shape is fine with me. I pointed out once to my size one friend, (natural, small boned size 1) that my legs were twice the size of hers. (Because she insisted that I borrow her jeans.) She thought I was insulting myself. I wasn't. I'm just not a size one. Then put our legs side by side and I showed her. Then she was getting all, "well you look like you could fit in a size one." Like as if she was trying to console me. I'm like, "No, I don't. I look fine either way though." Health is important. Not borrowing small jeans.

    Edit: See, if I had met you, (Orange), and we got into this conversation. And I could see that you were thin, you would never catch me making any comment with any emotional, jealous, or otherwise connotation to it. If I thought you looked sunken, or pale, or your eyes or nails or teeth looked poor, or I could see your ribs, I would be concerned about your nutrition. But, if you are just plain really thin, then, you're fine. I don't understand these women who get all weird with their comments.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Yeah, as long as you are fit and healthy I don't see why size really matters a whole lot. I know a girl that makes me look like a twig... Even now that I'm pregnant... And she can run more miles than me, she can dance circles around me in basketball, and she's flat out in better shape than me. But to look at the two of us, people probably think I'm the healthier of the two. While I am a very healthy person, she's definitely got me beat.

  7. #67

    Default

    My goal is to lose 10 pounds. I'm at the upper end of my "normal" BMI and I'd rather be more in the middle of it.

    I just feel kind of lumpy. Not as svelte and sexy as I'd like.

  8. #68
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    I'm too skinny. I need to gain 20 pounds of muscle and get a nicer ass.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #69
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    I think everybody has a natural weight and body shape, not necessarily an optimum but a level in which they eat healthy and exercise regularly and the body reacts by being in the zone .
    It varies a great deal for different people. I know in the states the average size is quite high as you have obesity issues, here in the uk the average size for a woman is a uk14 (us10).
    I have a friends who's natural size is a uk16 and she looks fantastic, any smaller and she would really quite pained...stretched if you will.
    I'd say i'm stilll a little overweight but just a smidgen, i'm roughly 4kg's off what i want to be, what i am naturally best at...not a lot really.
    Also i think this thread misses out slim, average and a whole plethora of other weight classes but then i suppose that whats the responses are about.
    I'd say i'm slim. I'm a uk8-10 (us4-6).
    But the important thing is for everyone to feel happy about themselves...
    I like to think i merit people on a lot more than their body weight/shape.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  10. #70
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yea, I don't really like comments about physique at all. (Whether it's the middle aged woman saying "I used to look like you back in the day", or someone saying, "Man, you are tiny." or my favorite, "I don't have time to stay in shape like you do.") I just really hate the whole gammot of comments. I'm hesitant to say that someone over the normal BMI is actually "overweight", like Chaotic said.. you can be fit and hold a lot of muscle and feel good and be heavier. I just think that people should stay as healthy as they can manage and let their body decide what's normal. But man, I always want to say to people who make comments, "My BMI is 24 or 25, man. I'm young, feel good about my body, and staying in shape and eating right is a priority in my life right now. No need to make awkward comments because you are insecure." Being factual about body shape is fine with me. I pointed out once to my size one friend, (natural, small boned size 1) that my legs were twice the size of hers. (Because she insisted that I borrow her jeans.) She thought I was insulting myself. I wasn't. I'm just not a size one. Then put our legs side by side and I showed her. Then she was getting all, "well you look like you could fit in a size one." Like as if she was trying to console me. I'm like, "No, I don't. I look fine either way though." Health is important. Not borrowing small jeans.

    Edit: See, if I had met you, (Orange), and we got into this conversation. And I could see that you were thin, you would never catch me making any comment with any emotional, jealous, or otherwise connotation to it. If I thought you looked sunken, or pale, or your eyes or nails or teeth looked poor, or I could see your ribs, I would be concerned about your nutrition. But, if you are just plain really thin, then, you're fine. I don't understand these women who get all weird with their comments.
    I dislike the body comments also, as far as size goes. Even the positive ones can be a bit awkward when there are assumptions tied into it or wistful longings for their youth. It also makes you acutely aware of just how much people are noticing your body & passing some kind of judgment on it, and that's uncomfortable when you think about how you are not going to be young with this body forever.

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I think everybody has a natural weight and body shape, not necessarily an optimum but a level in which they eat healthy and exercise regularly and the body reacts by being in the zone .
    It varies a great deal for different people.
    I agree with this, as the range of healthy weight for any given height is very broad. I mean, at 5'8, it's healthy for a woman to be anywhere from about 120-170 lbs. That's a 50 lb range. For me personally, the low end is where I'm at when healthiest, but for another woman, the high end may be where her body settles when leading a healthy lifestyle.

    I know in the states the average size is quite high as you have obesity issues, here in the uk the average size for a woman is a uk14 (us10).
    FYI: The UK has obesity issues also...they're not far behind the US.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Similar Threads

  1. Do You Like Cats or Dogs?
    By highlander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 03:46 AM
  2. The Dark Triad - do you know anyone, or are you one?
    By SilkRoad in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
  3. Do You Re-Realize Things?
    By Ginkgo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 01:58 AM
  4. [NF] NFs: Reality hits, do you hit back or give the other cheek?
    By Dwigie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 06:58 PM
  5. Do you Fast and/or Cleanse?
    By laintpe in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO