User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Not close to being fat or skinny - very "average" shape (statistically below average, I'm sure, since there are way more fat people than skinny people).

But I am fatter (and flabbier) than my ideal, like most people.

edit: my BMI based on my estimated weight is around 22, squarely in the "normal" range. My ideal would be about 20, I think (10-15 pounds lighter than now), and I would consider myself overweight long before I reached the BMI=25 cutoff (155 lbs for my height).
    Last edited by Randomnity; 04-10-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I was pretty average, not really fat, but not really skinny either... Now I'm rockin' the baby bump... So I'm a little disproportionate right now. I have this belly, but my arms and legs are still really muscular. I need to get back into my pilates... Carrying all the baby weight in the front is starting to take a toll on my back.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'm thin. Always have been. As a teenager, I would have considered myself 'skinny', because it took me a long time to fill out and I wasn't that toned. Nowadays, I think I have enough curves and am pretty fit, muscle-wise, so would call myself thin/toned, but not bony or anything.

It's interesting, though - here in Colorado, while I AM very thin, I'm also closer to being 'average' relative to everyone else around me - there are just a very high number of fit people in this area; fitness/activity is a priority of most. Even here at work, I walk around the building and I don't stick out as one of the few thin people - everyone else here is pretty fit. Same as when I travel through Europe - I'm shaped rather like a lot of people over there - I'm more the norm. Whereas when I lived in Minnesota, many people thought I didn't eat enough (and I would get gently teased about not eating the donuts at work - 'Oh, cascade, you're so thin, you can eat one' (Me thinking to myself: uh, a big part of why I am still thin is because I don't eat donuts ), by the very fact that I WAS thin, and when I walked around downtown or in the skyways, I felt like I stood out. It's so interesting (but not surprising) how weight/fitness is a pretty significant cultural thing, and a lot of people fall into the 'norm' of their culture around them.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm overweight by objective standards. My BMI is 28. If you're above 25, you're considered overweight. It seems like everyone on this forum is so damn skinny but the overweight people probably just aren't posting or are disillusioning themselves into thinking they're thinner than they are. There's people on the forum far skinnier than I am, yet they still are dissatisfied with their weight. I'm thinking, I'd love to be your weight. Genetically, I know that's not realistic. A few years back I went through a health nut phase where I obsessively counted calories and did alot of vigorous exercise but even then my BMI was still at the top end of the normal range. I could never get it lower than that without feeling like I'm starving myself. I still eat healthy now and exercise regularly without being overly obsessed about it. I'm doing it more for health reasons than for just losing weight, although I'd really like to drop about 20 pounds. The weight tends to stubbornly stay on me and I must have large bones or something because if I tell people my real weight, they don't seem to believe I could possibly weigh that much.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I'm lean. I'm pretty happy with my physique, I just want to maintain it (pretty much).

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't think I'm skinny, I don't think I'm fat, I just think I'm freaking hot. I'm lucky with my proportions. I don't give a fuck about BMI, really. When I was little I rarely used to eat anything because I didn't like shit, so I was really skinny back than. Now that I'm older, I kinda have more freedom, so I'm not skinny anymore (thank god, I wouldn't want to be like that). Oh well, I'm just glad the fat goes to the good parts of my body (and I discovered that when I lose weight, I don't lose the fat on my curves either).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm overweight by objective standards. My BMI is 28. If you're above 25, you're considered overweight. It seems like everyone on this forum is so damn skinny but the overweight people probably just aren't posting or are disillusioning themselves into thinking they're thinner than they are. There's people on the forum far skinnier than I am, yet they still are dissatisfied with their weight. I'm thinking, I'd love to be your weight. Genetically, I know that's not realistic. A few years back I went through a health nut phase where I obsessively counted calories and did alot of vigorous exercise but even then my BMI was still at the top end of the normal range. I could never get it lower than that without feeling like I'm starving myself. I still eat healthy now and exercise regularly without being overly obsessed about it. I'm doing it more for health reasons than for just losing weight, although I'd really like to drop about 20 pounds. The weight tends to stubbornly stay on me and I must have large bones or something because if I tell people my real weight, they don't seem to believe I could possibly weigh that much.
    BMI is crazy. When I got down to the top range of my BMI, everyone thought I was getting too skinny. I can't even imagine what they would have said if I would have dropped down to the middle range.

MBTI
    yupp

speaking of bmi I've always been either the lower range of a healthy bmi, or the perfect range of bmi.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    BMI is crazy. When I got down to the top range of my BMI, everyone thought I was getting too skinny. I can't even imagine what they would have said if I would have dropped down to the middle range.
    I don't know if BMI is crazy, or we're just outgrowing it, (physically).. Since we're getting so big as a society. People are getting used to looking at big people. So, morbidly obese people just look big... Obese people just look large. Overweight people look normal. Normal people look thin. and so on down the line.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't know if BMI is crazy, or we're just outgrowing it, (physically).. Since we're getting so big as a society. People are getting used to looking at big people. So, morbidly obese people just look big... Obese people just look large. Overweight people look normal. Normal people look thin. and so on down the line.
    I've also read that BMI doesn't work for certain builds. I've always had an athletic frame, so my BMI is usually off, however, my percentage of body fat was normal... So I think it comes down to what kind of a build a person has.