Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I know people would probably kill me for saying this but I want to lose some fat and get toned back down to 85-90 lbs. I know it is technically underweight but that was when I felt the best. Now I am 95-100 lbs and feel really lethargic (which usually means that I have been too sedentary). In essence, I kind of see myself as "fat" according to my personal standards. Active usually=upper 80's to lower 90s and not doing much= close to 100.
    Eh more people would probably be concerned rather than wanting to kill you .
    It makes me curious what your height is, and how much you eat daily on average.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

very, very average... size 6 short jeans and a medium shirt

I'm naturally muscular though, and have to shop carefully for jeans that will fit over my leg muscles and ass and still fit the rest of me properly... the dangers of spending your day walking and climbing stairs
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't think of myself as skinny.. but mostly because I personally find the term a bit offensive. Just the way I am.. Nothing gets under my skin faster than someone trying to call me skinny.

I don't think I'm overweight, though the army tells me that from time to time depending on which end of my weight range I happen to be at that particular time of year. I sorta just like my body the way it is.. it's not skinny for sure.. but I'm not fat either. I'm just average.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Eh more people would probably be concerned rather than wanting to kill you .
    It makes me curious what your height is, and how much you eat daily on average.
    I am 4' 10.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I still think of myself as fat, but that is definitely changing... since I've dropped 25lb in the past 3 months I am definitely showing a flatter stomach and less potbelly, just still have the extra chub in the skin in certain spots. I suppose I had abdominal & liver fat that was bulging my stomach out a lot and *that* really made me look fat.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    FREE

Neither. I basically have two settings: soft and in shape. I'm one of these people who could never be skinny due to body structure, but if I add muscle to my frame then I look nice and toned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

I think of myself as petite and curvy, a bit of both. My bone structure is tiny, I'm very short (5'0'') and not too heavy (110lbs) and my proportions are 33B-24-38. I'm "pear-shaped." Such a ridiculous name. So no I don't think I'm fat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    True. Men are notoriously bad at delivering compliments that are custom tailored to maneuvering around the infinite range of specific body image issues women tend to have, but we're working on it.
    yeah. it sucks that you guys have to deal with the after effects of body image issues too. it's not like it's your fault any more than it is ours (though i do feel like the guy in my example was an ass, because it's really not one's place as an employee to be commenting on customers) - but you guys are born into the same social climate as we are. it's hard to escape the cycle, i think.

plus i imagine that it's hard for a man who has body image issues, too. women complaining about it is normal and accepted, even expected, but a man being concerned about his looks would probably meet with some social criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't think of myself as skinny.. but mostly because I personally find the term a bit offensive. Just the way I am.. Nothing gets under my skin faster than someone trying to call me skinny.
    +1. and i hate when people are like "oh you're looking so thin lately!" i know it's meant as a compliment, but it's not their place to decide what weight is best for me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Skinny
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    and i hate when people are like "oh you're looking so thin lately!" i know it's meant as a compliment, but it's not their place to decide what weight is best for me.
    Yep. This is something I never understood until recently. A few months ago someone complimented me on how good I'm looking since the weight loss, which was nice, but she then told me I "don't need to lose any more" which annoyed the hell out of me. My inner reaction was like, 'WTF?? Don't tell me what to do!" I've never been on the receiving end of such comments before, and I was surprised by how much it irritated me.