• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you think you're fat or skinny?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
+1. and i hate when people are like "oh you're looking so thin lately!" i know it's meant as a compliment, but it's not their place to decide what weight is best for me.

Yep. This is something I never understood until recently. A few months ago someone complimented me on how good I'm looking since the weight loss, which was nice, but she then told me I "don't need to lose any more" which annoyed the hell out of me. My inner reaction was like, 'WTF?? Don't tell me what to do!" I've never been on the receiving end of such comments before, and I was surprised by how much it irritated me.

Everytime I come home from a military deployment of some sort.. I get commented on my lack of curves, because I tend to lose some of them while gone. I can't help that.. I don't get to eat as much, or as healthy, and I do twice as much work and exercise time as usual. :( It doesn't help that I live in a "big" area of the US... The amount of curvy women to skinny ones is decently larger (no pun intended) so I look SUPER skinny in comparison.. @_@

I just always pictured the "Skinny" comments as insulting.. like someone telling me I have no body.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i keep fit because i really like feeling healthy and strong.
it's hard for me to gain weight. i've dropped down to
95lbs/43kg now, because i've been working out less.
i'm usually at 98-99lbs/45kg and i just can feel the
quality of energy has just plummeted.

True. Men are notoriously bad at delivering compliments that are custom tailored to maneuvering around the infinite range of specific body image issues women tend to have, but we're working on it.

i think your delivery in those things are just perfect.
it's never over the top, and always with such great timing.
because i can't seem to stop telling you how much of a
hot sexy bitch you are. just so big and strong, how my little
hands can make you murmur and moan like that! so much fun.

<3

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No I don't mean do other people think you're fat? I mean do you, yourself deep down think you're a fatty? I'm just curious of what people's perception of their bodies are on this, site and feel free to either post a picture or link to a post in the picture thread, but that last part is not needed.

I'm technically higher end of normal on the BMI scale but am quite tiny in appearance. (My perception, and others' perception.) Deep down I am mostly unsure of my appearance. I have my good days and bad. I have a very big butt and thighs in proportion to the rest of my body. (The upper body being the illusion that I'm tiny.) I'm five feet tall, 125 lbs. I work out almost daily. I eat when I'm hungry. Never been on a diet. This is a happy weight for me, energy and comfort wise. My frame likes weight, I look and feel too thin at a "normal weight". I think that overall, I am very realistic with my body image, and accept that saying "sometimes I don't like my body" is more part of being a woman than any real physical problems.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think of myself as petite and curvy, a bit of both. My bone structure is tiny, I'm very short (5'0'') and not too heavy (110lbs) and my proportions are 33B-24-38. I'm "pear-shaped." Such a ridiculous name. So no I don't think I'm fat.

We are very close to the same size. Pear shaped. 5'0 125 lbs 32C-26-38
I'll have to go to Hogwarts to raid your closet sometime.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
most of my life, i've been thin but i need to lose 20 pounds right now. too much junk foods and sugar

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thin. Some say skinny :dry:, some say slender, but I say thin.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Depends on the time period.

If you asked me 30 years ago, I'd probably say that I think I'm chubby.

Now, however, I'd say I'm average, leaning towards the thin side...or fit side. :shrug:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not close to being fat or skinny - very "average" shape (statistically below average, I'm sure, since there are way more fat people than skinny people).

But I am fatter (and flabbier) than my ideal, like most people.

edit: my BMI based on my estimated weight is around 22, squarely in the "normal" range. My ideal would be about 20, I think (10-15 pounds lighter than now), and I would consider myself overweight long before I reached the BMI=25 cutoff (155 lbs for my height).

Last edited:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was pretty average, not really fat, but not really skinny either... Now I'm rockin' the baby bump... So I'm a little disproportionate right now. I have this belly, but my arms and legs are still really muscular. I need to get back into my pilates... Carrying all the baby weight in the front is starting to take a toll on my back. :cry:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thin. Always have been. As a teenager, I would have considered myself 'skinny', because it took me a long time to fill out and I wasn't that toned. Nowadays, I think I have enough curves and am pretty fit, muscle-wise, so would call myself thin/toned, but not bony or anything.

It's interesting, though - here in Colorado, while I AM very thin, I'm also closer to being 'average' relative to everyone else around me - there are just a very high number of fit people in this area; fitness/activity is a priority of most. Even here at work, I walk around the building and I don't stick out as one of the few thin people - everyone else here is pretty fit. Same as when I travel through Europe - I'm shaped rather like a lot of people over there - I'm more the norm. Whereas when I lived in Minnesota, many people thought I didn't eat enough (and I would get gently teased about not eating the donuts at work - 'Oh, cascade, you're so thin, you can eat one' (Me thinking to myself: uh, a big part of why I am still thin is because I don't eat donuts ;)), by the very fact that I WAS thin, and when I walked around downtown or in the skyways, I felt like I stood out. :shrug: It's so interesting (but not surprising) how weight/fitness is a pretty significant cultural thing, and a lot of people fall into the 'norm' of their culture around them.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm overweight by objective standards. My BMI is 28. If you're above 25, you're considered overweight. It seems like everyone on this forum is so damn skinny but the overweight people probably just aren't posting or are disillusioning themselves into thinking they're thinner than they are. There's people on the forum far skinnier than I am, yet they still are dissatisfied with their weight. I'm thinking, I'd love to be your weight. Genetically, I know that's not realistic. A few years back I went through a health nut phase where I obsessively counted calories and did alot of vigorous exercise but even then my BMI was still at the top end of the normal range. I could never get it lower than that without feeling like I'm starving myself. I still eat healthy now and exercise regularly without being overly obsessed about it. I'm doing it more for health reasons than for just losing weight, although I'd really like to drop about 20 pounds. The weight tends to stubbornly stay on me and I must have large bones or something because if I tell people my real weight, they don't seem to believe I could possibly weigh that much.

wolfy

awsm
I'm lean. I'm pretty happy with my physique, I just want to maintain it (pretty much).

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think I'm skinny, I don't think I'm fat, I just think I'm freaking hot. I'm lucky with my proportions. :) I don't give a fuck about BMI, really. When I was little I rarely used to eat anything because I didn't like shit, so I was really skinny back than. Now that I'm older, I kinda have more freedom, so I'm not skinny anymore (thank god, I wouldn't want to be like that). Oh well, I'm just glad the fat goes to the good parts of my body (and I discovered that when I lose weight, I don't lose the fat on my curves either).

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm overweight by objective standards. My BMI is 28. If you're above 25, you're considered overweight. It seems like everyone on this forum is so damn skinny but the overweight people probably just aren't posting or are disillusioning themselves into thinking they're thinner than they are. There's people on the forum far skinnier than I am, yet they still are dissatisfied with their weight. I'm thinking, I'd love to be your weight. Genetically, I know that's not realistic. A few years back I went through a health nut phase where I obsessively counted calories and did alot of vigorous exercise but even then my BMI was still at the top end of the normal range. I could never get it lower than that without feeling like I'm starving myself. I still eat healthy now and exercise regularly without being overly obsessed about it. I'm doing it more for health reasons than for just losing weight, although I'd really like to drop about 20 pounds. The weight tends to stubbornly stay on me and I must have large bones or something because if I tell people my real weight, they don't seem to believe I could possibly weigh that much.

BMI is crazy. When I got down to the top range of my BMI, everyone thought I was getting too skinny. I can't even imagine what they would have said if I would have dropped down to the middle range.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
speaking of bmi I've always been either the lower range of a healthy bmi, or the perfect range of bmi.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BMI is crazy. When I got down to the top range of my BMI, everyone thought I was getting too skinny. I can't even imagine what they would have said if I would have dropped down to the middle range.

I don't know if BMI is crazy, or we're just outgrowing it, (physically).. Since we're getting so big as a society. People are getting used to looking at big people. So, morbidly obese people just look big... Obese people just look large. Overweight people look normal. Normal people look thin. and so on down the line.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know if BMI is crazy, or we're just outgrowing it, (physically).. Since we're getting so big as a society. People are getting used to looking at big people. So, morbidly obese people just look big... Obese people just look large. Overweight people look normal. Normal people look thin. and so on down the line.

I've also read that BMI doesn't work for certain builds. I've always had an athletic frame, so my BMI is usually off, however, my percentage of body fat was normal... So I think it comes down to what kind of a build a person has.