User Tag List

First 12202122

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well, I am 203 pounds 6' and my goal is to get to 185. I will be there by the end of November at the latest.
    Well I am about 6'1.5" 225 and my goal is to first get to 200. And then maybe down to around 190.

Don't know how long that will take.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Well I am about 6'1.5" 225 and my goal is to first get to 200. And then maybe down to around 190.

Don't know how long that will take.
    Try MyFitnessPal. Your Te will like it. It takes about 3 minutes a day to do. I use the ipad app.

I was up to 230 at one point (i.e. profile picture which actually an old picture).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Average in the "I should lose a few pounds" sort of way. I'm about 6'-6'1, 185.
    Well, I am 203 pounds 6' and my goal is to get to 185. I will be there by the end of November at the latest.

I've been trying (or rather, intending, as I've not actually made a focused effort to do more than exercise consistently) to lose weight (5-10 lbs) for years now, and I can never manage to lose any. Having said that, I'm still within an okay range. I tend to base my self-expectations on comparing myself to the guys at the gym -- which is likely unrealistic, given my age and occupation.

Good job on making progress making your goal! How're you going about it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I've been trying (or rather, intending, as I've not actually made a focused effort to do more than exercise consistently) to lose weight (5-10 lbs) for years now, and I can never manage to lose any. Having said that, I'm still within an okay range. I tend to base my self-expectations on comparing myself to the guys at the gym -- which is likely unrealistic, given my age and occupation.

Good job on making progress making your goal! How're you going about it?
    I'm counting calories. I always thought this would be tedious and difficult but is actually very easy with this ipad app I'm using. I discovered for example that I pig out on saturdays. One day, i had 2200 calories of pizza in one sitting. You become much more aware of what you are eating, how much fat is in there, etc.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INtP

I'm counting calories. I always thought this would be tedious and difficult but is actually very easy with this ipad app I'm using. I discovered for example that I pig out on saturdays. One day, i had 2200 calories of pizza in one sitting. You become much more aware of what you are eating, how much fat is in there, etc.

Calorie-counting is the part of the weight-loss regime that I've never actually gone forward with, and it's likely the (or at least, "a") reason why I've never really lost weight. I suspect that I'm one of those people who simply unconsciously compensates for exercising (which I am actually very good about doing consistently) by eating more. Munching while hanging out at home on the computer is probably a relatively major culprit, as is that pair of granola bars and serving of peanut M&M's I seem to not be able to get through the workday without.

How to do you do this for restaurants, etc.? Only eat at places with good nutritional information posted, and use those statistics for your ipad app? I tend to eat out a lot... not necessarily awful stuff, usually vegetable stir-fry, grilled chicken, etc. but there are occasionally accessories in there too (fries, desert).

And I hear you about the 2200 calories of pizza in one sitting. I'm sure I've done that too -- my solution to that one has been "don't eat pizza by yourself", but I've been there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

How to do you do this for restaurants, etc.? Only eat at places with good nutritional information posted, and use those statistics for your ipad app? I tend to eat out a lot... not necessarily awful stuff, usually vegetable stir-fry, grilled chicken, etc. but there are occasionally accessories in there too (fries, desert).
    This app is really easy. You just type in what you ate and it gives you several choices to pick from. If you don't get too caught up on perfection of choices, it's really simple. I've lost 8 - 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks using the thing.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP

I'm 5'11" and 135lbs. I have a slender frame (wrist barely 6 inches). I work out regularly, but having a runner build [with hint of swimmer build ] I will never get big muscles. They are defined, though. Although my body fat is low enough for a distict 6-pack abs, and for my pec muscles to show the ripple when I flex them, I am certainly not ripped to bodybuilder standards - when I pull on a pair of underpants with firmly gripping elastic in the waistband, there is a definite (albeit small) ridge of fat around the waist.

Two years ago I weighed 145lbs. I lost 10lbs over a year when I stopped my previous practice of alternating 2 weeks heavy eating (weight training) with two weeks light eating (cardio). I've been idly curious this year as to why my weight levelled out a year after the change. Over the last couple of months I deliberately restricted my calorie intake by about 1500 calories a week and dropped to 132-3 lbs but my body rebelled - extreme tiredness after midday meal, carb cravings before bedtime, so I abandoned that experiment. Basically then, my weight is self-regulating around 135lbs - if it rises a few pounds I feel less hungry at breakfast, and I've seen what happens if it starts dropping too low!

Motivation for weight control? I read years ago that men who are no heavier than they were in their late teens have only one-seventh the incidence of heart disease than men who are heavier. I can't remember where I read it, have never seen it since, and frankly I doubt whether it's true. But anyway, I feel no inclination to aspire to be any heavier than my body self-regulates to on a diet (which I'm happy with) of rather bland, plain, mainly unrefined food.