User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think my stomach is too big. Do you think I should get plastic surgery?
    Better, I think all the "fat" people in this thread should have plastic surgery and transfer their fat to the "skinny" ones.
    -end of thread-

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

do you think you're fat or skinny?
    The answer is neither.

And am currently working on it.

Later yall, a bike ride is calling me.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius is more on the skinny side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Fat? Can I say rubenesque? Being hour-glass shaped helps.

I'm a little scared to lose weight. The last time I dropped some pounds, I lost it in my breasts. Not cool.

Definitely fat but working on changing it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I think I'm lean. Having said that I'm a few pounds to my target.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

A window to the soul

Chairs break, the ground shakes, baby.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Chairs break, the ground shakes, baby.
    lol your post made me think of this:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

To answer the OP, yes I think I'm fat for me. I became interested in my diet when I was eleven. I was actually a very small child, slender and extremely active, and small boned compared to some of my peers, so I'm not sure where this idea came from. When I hit puberty at 13, I was convinced I was a whale, at all of 105 pounds.

I used to hate that I was so large-breasted and broad shouldered. I have long legs for a short girl, but generally I'm an apple-shaped woman, and that's not the shape typically hyped up in fashion magazines. I realized at 13 I would never be 5'11" and have a visible collar bone (seriously, I don't know what the collar bone thing was about?)

I used to hate my arms in high school and refused to wear tank tops, though I look at pictures of myself in high school and I wasn't overweight at all.

I obviously developed more body confidence by 18 when I became an exotic dancer. In fact, in high school my senior year I was voted "most likely to pose for Playboy" in the underground newspaper along with another girl. I never lacked for dates. STILL...despite all this, I was always vexed by how short and apple shaped I am.

Everyone wants to be what they aren't. I have a lot more body confidence now that I'm older, but I don't think I'm in my ideal shape at the moment, I could lose a few pounds, even though apparently even a 19 year old athlete thinks I'm sexy and attractive. No amount of validation will erase my self-perception.

I even get upset when I'm thinner and someone tells me I have no ass. Because my ass disappears when I'm a little thinner.

I'm not like one of those women who has had a chronic eating disorder or anything, but liking my body is a thing that comes and goes. I can feel like I'm totally hot and sexy (clearly I'm pretty confident about my body if I'll show it off the way I have in the past)...but other times I feel like an absolute COW.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ^I have a similar problem, except it's only my gut. I seem to put on weight in my gut first, so I typically feel like a stick figure with a circle in the middle for a tummy. My arms and legs have only recently begun to get bigger... but in comparison to my mid section, they're still very thin. It's an oddity and certainly doesn't look good with weight put on.
    The way to avoid that is to build muscle. I grew up dancing, riding my bike, swimming, gymnastics, twirling, some cheerleading et al...and I have muscle in my arms and legs.

My mother had this same physique as a younger woman. She was a cheerleader in high school, an exotic dancer at one point, and was a gym rat in her 30's and early 40's and even dated a body builder at one point after she divorced her second husband. I actually remember her looking a little TOO muscular and have always strived to avoid it.

But now that she's in her 50's she's had some problems with severe arthritis that have not allowed her to be as physically active for quite some time (though she walks and does house work, etc.) and it has made her arms and legs skinnier. One of my aunts is the same way.

I've always had muscle, but it's because I've always been physically active. People comment that I'm stronger than I look. The thing is I know with my body type if I ever become more sedentary, I would have twig legs and arms and a round mid-section.

So the key is to build muscle. Eat more protein and do weight training if you must.