User Tag List

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: do you think you're fat or skinny?

I'm not Trunks Array

I never get fat, I have a strict diet to keep an ideal weight. I like to keep myself healthy all the time, balance is the key.

Banned Array

I don't think that i am fatty because i did regularly workout in gym but if you feel that then you also do work out to shape your body and burns your fat.

I am unsure if i've replied previously but what the hell ... I think we need more options. Something on the lines of:

- Skinny
    - Fat
    - Curvy and loving it
    - Confident in the skin i'm in
    - distorted view of my body
    - And more i can't be arsed to write up

Oh, i'm confident in the skin i'm in
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

5w4 sp/sx

Weight has never been an issue. It has been extremely stable all my life.

The heaviest I have ever weighed was 54 kilos at age 17 after spending a year in America (more junkfood than at home and no sport which I hated but had to do over here), the lightest - once fully grown - was 49 kilos. I have never been above or below the 50-52 kilo range in at least a decade without ever having to do anything about it.

I have never been on a diet and I hate sports. But since I don't have a car, I walk a lot and I do have a small stomach by nature, so I am easily full and used to eating small portions. My diet contains way too much junk but I also have a natural craving for salad and veggies often enough to stay healthy. Looking at my immediate family I assume a good bit of it is genetic, all of them have been pretty healthy and stable over their lifetime.

But being happy (and lucky!) with my weight and figure does not mean that I like everything about my body. Far from it.

- My legs are disproportionately short and finding a pair of jeans that fits is a nightmare (seriously, 28w,30l - how hard can it be?! Ahggrrrrrr!). That means that I look like a child who snitched her momma's shoes when I wear high heels. So it's either flats (more comfortable anyway) or midrange heels at the most.

- It took me 31 years (i.e. until a few months ago) to find the right hair treatment so that I don't look like I am wearing a flat, lifeless piece of straw on my head (think stereotypical geek).
    - It took my facial skin for ever to clear up and I still have to pay the price when I leave the slightest bit of makeup on for too. So I usually don't wear any at all.
    - My c cups are okay but I am absolutely paranoid about them dropping. The French have this test where you put a pencil under your breast. It stays put with my arms down and drops the moment I raise them - so I guess I'm still in the clear. Hmmm.
    - Frida Kahlo has nothing on my younger self when it comes to monobrows...yay for tweezers!
    - I wear both glasses and contact lenses. I felt ugly for 21 years until I finally had my contacts - how I hated those glasses!!! - and still feel much more at ease with them compared to my glasses. But lately I have gotten lazy and started to feel okay about seeing myself in them. The boyfriend even claims he prefers me this way (a bit of a nerd fetish )

So yeah, let's say that despite never having had a weight problem at all, I felt unattractive for about the first 2/3 of my life and attractive for the last 1/3. I still hate to be photographed though. That never changed!

Weight isn't everything.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

I'm a fatty (BMI of 29), but I've dropped it by about 6 points in the last year, and I should be at around 24 by the end of this year .
    5w6 sx/sp; ILE

I look (while not quite skinny) thin to most people but I veer between feeling out-of-shape and skinny-fat or lean, depending on how often I hit the gym. I've got a weirdly malleable body. I'm in a skinny-fat phase at the moment.

471 sx/sp

I'm plus sized, but I'm doing something about it. Well, I'm trying VERY hard. I cannot exercise due to some extreme health issues, yes extreme. But I am going to try to change my relationship with food.

Courage is immortality Array Valiant's Avatar
    8w7 sx/so

I'm neither. I looke like a lumberjack. I've got some fat, but it is mostly muscle. I work out in periods.
    During winter, I can't be bothered to go outside when the sun isn't out... So I pretty much work out during spring, summer, autumn and then spend the dark months inside.
    So naturally my body fat goes up during winter due to inactivity. I lost 20 pounds last year, though, due to massive effort. And I haven't regained them.
    However, there's the body fat percentage, and that has increased. And I really need to stop buying cigarettes a couple of times a week and start running again.
    And more gym training.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Anew Leaf

Interesting thread premise.

I've lost 70 lbs in the last year, and at times in my head I still think of myself as that person.

Physical changes are easier to deal with at times than the mental readjustments that need to take place.

I've been doing a lot of weight and resistance exercises the past few months and that has added on a lot of muscle to me. I don't really think I am skinny by any means, just getting more athletic if anything else.

I am not sure I truly see myself as I am so I will have to consider this and perhaps post an update later.

I'm skinny. For years I was flatly underweight, now I'm on the low end for healthy weight for size/age/gender.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?