User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default Need some cash? Become a lab rat!

..Paid research studies, clinical trials, & focus groups.
    Would you do it? Why or why not?
    Or, if you have, share your experiences, by all means.

Personally, I think it'd be kind of fun to try out, at least once in my life. Of course, I'd likely only participate in studies that didn't involve exposure to previously untested medications, chemicals, etc. A few months ago, I'd read up on a sleep study that entailed 30-40 days of isolation with no sense of time or communication w/the outside, & certain periods of varying degrees of light exposure, etc. That's something I'd want to explore. I'm sure it'd be uncomfortable at times, but it'd be overall a pretty interesting experience/test of endurance, if nothing else. Not to mention it paid upwards of 4 grand.

So, what would you be willing to do, and what factors would you consider most beneficial? Experience, monetary gain, contribution to science, anything else..?

(I mean, I can't be the only one who hopes to gain firsthand knowledge of what sort of clinical trial goes awry/becomes the catalyst for the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse.. am I..?)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE

I'm too afraid of becoming deformed, crippled, retarded, or dying because of some unforeseen side effect. I have enough physical and mental deficits already...

On a side note, ever seen this show?

Edit:

If I had significant information about a particular drug which would be rather useful to me, and it seemed promising, I might seek to become a test subject for that particular drug. It would all depend on the circumstances...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm too afraid of becoming deformed, crippled, retarded, or dying because of some unforeseen side effect. I have enough physical and mental deficits already...

On a side note, ever seen this show?

Edit:

If I had significant information about a particular drug which would be rather useful to me, and it seemed promising, I might seek to become a test subject for that particular drug. It would all depend on the circumstances...
    That show looks terrible, based on the freezeframe I saw upon following your terrible link, that just killed my internet. I should have known it was a trick... NEMESIS!

Also, not every study entails exposure to drugs or chemicals..
    just check out the list on this directory site to see what I mean- http://www.gpgp.net/
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I have participated in an experiment at my university. There are not only medical studies! All I did was typing numbers and answering a few questions into a computer, and I got 18 Euro for it in one hour I will try to go there again when I get an invitation. It was an economics study.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'd be totally willing to do it; I need money. But in most cases, you need to have some particular condition or meet a qualification which I do not. It sucks.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

figsfiggyfigs

Yes, that would be fun to be in a study, so long as I don't have to take anything with risks that are unknown or very likely.

I'm a complete pussy when it comes to uncertainty.

PS: I wouldn't do it for the money, just out of interest.

Phantonym

I'd do it. I'm wary of drugs, though. Psychological experiments could be fun, being placed in different situations and testing myself. Heh, I might even do that for free. And afterwards, when things don't exactly go as planned, I'd probably take up the lab rat duties involving drugs and moolah.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    A few months ago, I'd read up on a sleep study that entailed 30-40 days of isolation with no sense of time or communication w/the outside, & certain periods of varying degrees of light exposure, etc. That's something I'd want to explore. I'm sure it'd be uncomfortable at times, but it'd be overall a pretty interesting experience/test of endurance, if nothing else. Not to mention it paid upwards of 4 grand.
    Wut? I've done that voluntarily before. 4k? That's a lot o' money for something that easy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ..Paid research studies, clinical trials, & focus groups.
    Would you do it? Why or why not?
    I never did. My BF rubbed a stinky white prescription acne cream on his face for money though. He sold his blood too. Not my fault. :x

He didn't really have acne. They also didn't pay much. Probably not worth it!!!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if it didn't take up much time or disrupt my life, sure... it'd be interesting to see what was going on
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett