• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lets go running!

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
UGH. I torture myself with this daily but I don't love it. I like it once or twice a week. The other days I either completely despise it or hate it.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This is where I (and the rest of Seattle) run(s) when the weather is nice. Just went yesterday.

20061120_GreenlakeAerial.jpg

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I fucking hate it. Asthma is terrible :( I really admire those people that can and like to run.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I fucking hate it. Asthma is terrible :( I really admire those people that can and like to run.

Asthma does suck! I used to jog quite a bit and my times never improved and I could only go so fast or else it would trigger an attack. I use an elliptical at home now to stay in shape.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like being active without really "exercising". Aside from yoga, I like to walk and ride my bike an otherwise stay up and about. I have gotten into running for brief periods and won't say I'll never do it again, but the moment something feels like punishment I'm out.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Running is bad for the knees yo.

Get an elliptical.

My knees hurt when I even think about it.

*Misses [MENTION=10233]Beargryllz[/MENTION] *

Such cheerful posts you had.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Asthma does suck! I used to jog quite a bit and my times never improved and I could only go so fast or else it would trigger an attack. I use an elliptical at home now to stay in shape.

Yeah :/ I have an elliptical at home so I guess I could start using it in my spare time. I know my mom does a lot, because of a recent back injury.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh, I love running. I picked it up a couple years ago. It's freeing. I love the sense of accomplishment. I run almost everyday now 3-5 miles.

levinlady

MBTI Type
ENTp
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so
Former cross country runner, and still running long distances for exercise and peace of mind.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius runs about 40KM or so a week. He use as a kind of mindfulness; focusing on their breathing, movement sequence, and the environment rather than life problems.

His training is completely erratic though if he does not have a race booked as his motivation just goes. He starts to do silly things doing most of his training in the middle of the night and his pace is either ridiculously slow or ridiculously fast. Since joining a couple of running groups earlier this year, he has become more consistent but it has yet to really help his race times. :mellow:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Late to the running game, relatively speaking -- I know people who started running in high school track and field and still do it, whereas I'm 24 and just starting now -- but I really like running so far. I like the exploring part of running outdoors, I like enjoying the fresh air, I like "getting in the zone". I LOVE the feeling of getting my second wind (which I experienced for the first time about a month ago).

I've been trying to actually get into running -- as in, more than once a week or every other week -- now that the weather is nicer. But the problem I've been having is that every time I've gone running in the past, it's been because I had a sudden irresistible craving for running, so without that craving I'm totally unmotivated. I figure the craving will become more consistent, the more I do it. But it's been hard so far. :/

heal1079

Permabanned
I like running but I hate it when people stare at me because I am a bit fat.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Run with me, run for me, run for YOU! I love running. I love stretching before I run, I love showering after I run, and I love prodding blisters.

What do you think about running?

I enjoy showers...does that count?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I've been running for six months or so. I have a love-hate relationship with it. Ultimately I love it--it's a release, and it helps me manage my moods. The hatred is really more of making the decision to run. Getting out the door is most of it, in my opinion.

I would never go out for cross country or track--or any team sport, for that matter. Exercising is my alone time (occasionally I go with my sister). Also, I'm god-awful at it. When you look out and see the joggers, don't assume that we're all athletic. ;)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ill run my mouth! My feet though... They look like those little string puppet things, they get all tangled and disjointed and yeah its just better for humanity for me not to. I dont think that their lungs could handle the intence influx of laughter, they would probably explode.

:explode:

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
The best part about running is the outdoor, I love running in the wild. Unfortunately I can not afford it right now as I am stuck in an urban area and the best I can get is a park :dry: