User Tag List

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Default Caloric deficit wins a round.

The basic principle of weight loss: Consume fewer calories than you burn.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

My question is: Do the health advantages of being in "ideal" weight range outweigh the disadvantages of eating convinience store food? Remember he supplemented his diet with a multi-vitamin.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

He addresses that concern in the article. How does it effect the risk of cancer, etc. there is still a difference in the quality of calories, which he didn't take into consideration. He was simply showing that fewer calories (of any type)will produce weight loss.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

@OP so you can manipulate your body so you lose weight for a period of time. Yes. So what?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Is a person who is the ideal weight but eats mostly junk really any healthier than an overweight person who eats mostly healthy stuff? I don't think so.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Is a person who is the ideal weight but eats mostly junk really any healthier than an overweight person who eats mostly healthy stuff? I don't think so.
    I am not so sure myself. Risks of junk food? (assuming you take a multi vitamin) Too much sugar & salt, saturated fat? vs. risks of overweight/obesity: Heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, gallbladder disease and gallstones, osteoarthritis, gout.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft