First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    Ah, good to know, thanks, glad to hear it wasnt my lack of sleep addled brain,lol...at least not entirely.

I would definitely not ignore exercise for JUST a healthy diet, my point is that my workout regimen wasn't even vigorous by most athletes standards, and I still had amazing results, im sure some one eating a nutritionally balanced diet like mine with no crap in it, and working out even more vigorously than I did, will have even better results... one of the big things for me to is that the sweet fruit, and carrot/kale juice would immediately get rid of any cravings I had for crap if I ate them instead of the crappy food, and after the first month, I didnt get another craving again till around christmas after partaking in some traditional christmas foods...
    Also, so SO true. I noticed that when I'm craving a brownie or something, (quick sugar fix), often I can just eat fruit and get the same fix.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Also, so SO true. I noticed that when I'm craving a brownie or something, (quick sugar fix), often I can just eat fruit and get the same fix.
    yeah!!! cause the body doesnt KNOW what a brownie is, it just goes "I want a dense source of simple sugars!" your brain goes "mmm, dense source of simple sugars...*compares to knowledge of things you have enjoyed and carried this sugar content, picks the most chemically addictive to the body, something full of processed fats and sugar." mmmm im craving a brownie...(or something similar) however those craving can all be kicked in the butt by a calorie dense piece of sweet fruit! early on I was eating dozens of bananas in a day to deal with cravings, hahaha...(they where cheap,lol)
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Too bad that healthy food tastes so goddamn aweful.
    Some of the healthy food tastes good. It just doesn't seem to taste as good in comparison to the food labeled unhealthy. I like both carrots and cake for example, but I'll almost always rate the piece of cake as tastier.

Foods that are high in both fat and sugar are the worst culprits. If these foods are so bad for our bodies, why do so many people crave these things? Back in the days of the hunter/gatherer society or when there were food shortages, high energy foods were hard to come by. You eat the high energy foods when you can to store enough fat in your body to survive the times when food is scarce. In modern society in developed countries, that's not needed anymore but evolution has not caught up with the current reality. Back then, eating high fat foods wasn't so unhealthy, you didn't do it excessively like we do today.

So that explains why we crave food that's not good for us. But it doesn't explain why so many of us dislike healthy stuff. Why are there people who hate fruits and vegetables and prefer white bread to whole grain? Shouldn't our bodies naturally want to crave things that provide some health benefit?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

I only crave for unhealthy food when I'm low on sugar. When I'm not, I actually like fruits and some veggies. I even don't like all unhealthy foods at those times. Thinking of potatoe chips or dougnuts makes me kind of nauseous at the moment really xD

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It is important to note that many of the healthiest (athletes, soldiers, etc.) people on this planet consume far more than the average person. Rigorous exercise and body care is absolutely essential to reach the ideal physique. Naturally, the ideal is subjective, but few would argue to neglect this aspect for smarter consumption alone.
    If athletes are so healthy, why do they die so young? The average age Dutch athetes died on between 2001 and 2010 was 72. The average life expectancy of Dutch people is 79. Oops...
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    If athletes are so healthy, why do they die so young? The average age Dutch athetes died on between 2001 and 2010 was 72. The average life expectancy of Dutch people is 79. Oops...
    thats because most athletes eat a LOT of really bad food in really large amounts, lots of fast food and other junk, and many use performance enhancing drugs that damage their bodies as well, thats why I say that although exercise is important, diet is more important... also I can make some health foods that taste like candy,lol...not all tastes bad... it just takes some creativity.
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

Top athletes also really wear out their body. They overdo things, and that is a bad thing to do. Remember kids, just say no to topatheleteism.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by PH. View Post
    Top athletes also really wear out their body. They overdo things, and that is a bad thing to do. Remember kids, just say no to topatheleteism.
    Well, one of them turned 101. It was a woman, I believe she was an ice skater or something like that, I didn't really pay attention to who they were and what they did, just their age and whether they were athletes or not. Anyways, I must admit that I think the mean is low because 9 percent of those atheletes died before the age of 40. Most athetes died at the age of 84, that was six percent, but lots of them died at 81, 82 and 91 as well. The median age was 66,5. Let's see if I can plot it...

Long story short, lots of them die young, but by the time they're in their late fourties they pretty much can't die. After that they get mortal again and most of them die between the age of 80 and 84.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I like the "twinkie diet" article because it proves that weight loss is basically just mathematics. Calories in < calories expended = weight loss. (Variables being age, metabolism, activity level that you tweak to meet the basic formula.)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

(Limps into thread holding a warm back on my back from yesterdays workout.) Athletes are healthy people! Don't you get it?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.