User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 54

  1. #21
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Yes, to those who said that if you eat less calories than you burn, you will lose weight. Regardless of the sources of food.

    However, I'm a proponent of exercising daily and eating by the food pyramid in the recommended amount of calories in proper percentages of carbs, proteins, and fats. Nobody likes this way because it's really really slow when it comes to weight loss. However, I view diet and exercise from a lifestyle point of view, "I eat and exercise to help my body perform at it's maximum potential and to live long", rather than "I don't eat carbs because my butt is too fat". Most healthy weight, active and high energy people you see view their diets from the health and lifestyle point of view. People who try to cut various essentials from their diets ultimately fail.

    I think that it is important to mention that a high self esteem in combination with trying to eliminate emotional factors that go with eating are important as well. There is no quick fix.

    I noticed that often people who have been unable to lose weight and unhealthy people often roll their eyes at this point of view and turn to other dieters with the same problem for help.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  2. #22
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    It appears that I've just been told that I'm full of sh!t.

  3. #23
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It appears that I've just been told that I'm full of sh!t.
    Not really. Just read your post. You cut carbs but the goal is ultimately to maintain your body at maximum potential.. you're gaining energy and maintaining your sugars... (Trying to figure out if you mean blood sugars in the diabetic sense..) All good stuff. Everyone is different.

    I'm just thinking that the ultimate goal of eating is to feel great and function, looking better will follow. Not the other way around.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  4. #24
    Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yes, to those who said that if you eat less calories than you burn, you will lose weight. Regardless of the sources of food. I'm a proponent of exercising daily and eating by the food pyramid in the proper percentages of carbs, proteins, and fats. Nobody likes this way because it's really really slow when it comes to weight loss. However, I view diet and exercise from a lifestyle point of view, "I eat and exercise to help my body perform at it's maximum potential and to live long", rather than "I don't eat carbs because my butt is too fat". Most healthy weight, active and high energy people you see view their diets from the health and lifestyle point of view. People who try to cut various essentials from their diets ultimately fail.

    I think that it is important to mention that a high self esteem in combination with trying to eliminate emotional factors that go with eating are important as well. There is no quick fix.

    I noticed that often people who have been unable to lose weight and unhealthy people often roll their eyes at this point of view and turn to other dieters with the same problem for help.
    I ate 3k+ calories a day for around 3 months, I lost around 80 pounds just in fat, and I could bench press 200lbs 15 reps by the end of it...I dont weight lift much anymore, but I still knock out 100 push ups and 200 crunches a day and have only regained about 10lbs... what you eat matters a LOT more than the calories...My hour long work outs 3 times a week where not enough to burn off those calories in the conventional sense, because they didnt NEED to be burned off, because they where almost all from fresh sweet fruits and some veggies, couple brazil nuts here and there and a B12 supplement and I had complete nutrition...

    Btw, im also close friends with a couple nutritionists, they agree, I know this because they are the ones that got me started on this diet, it may not work for everyone, but calorie restriction is proven to not work in a healthy way, one will lose weight, but its damaging to your body, increases stress, both ont he body and your mind, reduces energy levels... balanced nutrition is important, where you get your calories/nutrition from matters more than anything else.
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

  5. #25
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    I ate 3k+ calories a day for around 3 months, I lost around 80 pounds just in fat, and I could bench press 200lbs 15 reps by the end of it...I dont weight lift much anymore, but I still knock out 100 push ups and 200 crunches a day and have only regained about 10lbs... what you eat matters a LOT more than the calories...My hour long work outs 3 times a week where not enough to burn off those calories in the conventional sense, because they didnt NEED to be burned off, because they where almost all from fresh sweet fruits and some veggies, couple brazil nuts here and there and a B12 supplement and I had complete nutrition...

    Btw, im also close friends with a couple nutritionists, they agree, I know this because they are the ones that got me started on this diet, it may not work for everyone, but calorie restriction is proven to not work in a healthy way, one will lose weight, but its damaging to your body, increases stress, both ont he body and your mind, reduces energy levels... balanced nutrition is important, where you get your calories/nutrition from matters more than anything else.
    I agree, 100%. That's what I'm saying, cutting calories will make you lose weight, but balanced nutrition is more important and healthier, and when you eat a balanced diet and exercise, you will ultimately lose the weight.

    (I guess I should have put a "however" in my post after the cutting calories business.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #26
    Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I agree, 100%. That's what I'm saying, cutting calories will make you lose weight, but balanced nutrition is more important and healthier, and when you eat a balanced diet and exercise, you will ultimately lose the weight.
    ah, sorry then, I must have misunderstood, I had 5 hours of sleep yesterday afternoon, but im still rather out of it as thats all ive had in 3 days,lol...I thought you had said otherwise.
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

  7. #27
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    ah, sorry then, I must have misunderstood, I had 5 hours of sleep yesterday afternoon, but im still rather out of it as thats all ive had in 3 days,lol...I thought you had said otherwise.
    No, I just reread my post.. I see where the confusion was, will edit.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    I ate 3k+ calories a day for around 3 months, I lost around 80 pounds just in fat, and I could bench press 200lbs 15 reps by the end of it...I dont weight lift much anymore, but I still knock out 100 push ups and 200 crunches a day and have only regained about 10lbs... what you eat matters a LOT more than the calories...My hour long work outs 3 times a week where not enough to burn off those calories in the conventional sense, because they didnt NEED to be burned off, because they where almost all from fresh sweet fruits and some veggies, couple brazil nuts here and there and a B12 supplement and I had complete nutrition...

    Btw, im also close friends with a couple nutritionists, they agree, I know this because they are the ones that got me started on this diet, it may not work for everyone, but calorie restriction is proven to not work in a healthy way, one will lose weight, but its damaging to your body, increases stress, both ont he body and your mind, reduces energy levels... balanced nutrition is important, where you get your calories/nutrition from matters more than anything else.
    It is important to note that many of the healthiest (athletes, soldiers, etc.) people on this planet consume far more than the average person. Rigorous exercise and body care is absolutely essential to reach the ideal physique. Naturally, the ideal is subjective, but few would argue to neglect this aspect for smarter consumption alone.

  9. #29
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It is important to note that many of the healthiest (athletes, soldiers, etc.) people on this planet consume far more than the average person. Rigorous exercise and body care is absolutely essential to reach the ideal physique. Naturally, the ideal is subjective, but few would argue to neglect this aspect for smarter consumption alone.
    Well, few would argue that you can reach your ideal physique with diet alone, but I think many people aren't in the habit of exercise and think it hurts, don't like it, whatever- and will continue to look for ways to avoid it and still lose weight and get healthier.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #30
    Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    No, I just reread my post.. I see where the confusion was, will edit.
    Ah, good to know, thanks, glad to hear it wasnt my lack of sleep addled brain,lol...at least not entirely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It is important to note that many of the healthiest (athletes, soldiers, etc.) people on this planet consume far more than the average person. Rigorous exercise and body care is absolutely essential to reach the ideal physique. Naturally, the ideal is subjective, but few would argue to neglect this aspect for smarter consumption alone.
    I would definitely not ignore exercise for JUST a healthy diet, my point is that my workout regimen wasn't even vigorous by most athletes standards, and I still had amazing results, im sure some one eating a nutritionally balanced diet like mine with no crap in it, and working out even more vigorously than I did, will have even better results... one of the big things for me to is that the sweet fruit, and carrot/kale juice would immediately get rid of any cravings I had for crap if I ate them instead of the crappy food, and after the first month, I didnt get another craving again till around christmas after partaking in some traditional christmas foods...

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Well, few would argue that you can reach your ideal physique with diet alone, but I think many people aren't in the habit of exercise and think it hurts, don't like it, whatever- and will continue to look for ways to avoid it and still lose weight and get healthier.
    yeah, an important thing for a lot of people to note, is exercise tends to only hurt if you are doing it wrong, either bad form, or you are over doing it, or not taking in the nutrients your body needs to repair itself...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 12:27 PM
  2. [ENTP] Who is the best partner in crime for ENTP women?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 09:32 AM
  3. The aftermath of weight loss
    By raz in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
  4. Pep Talk Diary for Weight Loss
    By Little Linguist in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM
  5. Is this the best mbti forum for U ?
    By Thursday in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO