User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default What makes sense for breakfast?

I've never liked breakfast foods much (i.e. toast with eggs and bacon. I hate bacon). I've never understood why these are what people like to have for breakfast. I prefer to cook pasta or perhaps a quasadilla for breakfast, or have a sandwich with fruit.

Why is it that toast with eggs became the standard?
    What actually nutritionally makes the most sense in the morning?

I would assume complex carbs are good in the morning, but perhaps there is much more to it than that.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

don't ask me... I've been known to consider a bacon cheeseburger with fries to be a proper breakfast before
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

proper breakfast: anything that feels you up

improper breakfast: solely coffee,cigarettes and/or pills
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't like toast, unless I splurge on nice bread that makes good toast, like rye bread. What I have:

often - steel cut oatmeal with sugar and dried fruit/berries of some kind
    often - plain yogurt with bananas/berries, sometimes granola (I like harvest crunch), sometimes some honey
    sometimes - eggs alone, fried
    every so often - sugary cereal and milk, lol
    every so often - eggs in an english muffin, with cheese and ham if I have any, even a bit of leafy greens on top is good
    rarely and only on weekends - pancakes, or bacon/eggs/fried potatoes

I think what makes sense is high protein, some fat, some simple carbs, some complex carbs with fiber. I don't really have a reason, that just seems like a good way to start things. Combines long-lasting energy with a boost right away.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Carbs makes me hungry.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    infp

Hmmm, Random, this idea of an instant boost makes a lot of sense. This is obviously why people drink coffee, too. I don't drink coffee either, which is why this whole boost concept is foreign!

I like to make pasta at night with some cheese and veggies in it, put it in the fridge and heat it up in the morning for a very quick but delicious, filling meal. Sometimes it can be better than fresh because the flavours have all sort of marinated together. Some hot sauce can help wake me up, too. This used to be a good breakfast in high school. It made me feel better in the morning because it was good and I made it myself so I already had something to be happy about that day. I havn't been doing this as much lately, but my classes are later, too.

Is anyone aware of any studies suggesting your body digests certain foods better in the morning or specific nutrients are required by your body to get going?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yeah that's how I started thinking of it, I heard that an apple will wake you up as well as a coffee because of the sugar (I think it's a lie lol, but anyway). So I like to have fruit/berries in the morning.

But really as long as you're eating breakfast and it's halfway nutritious, you're doing pretty well! I'd only bother fiddling with it if you're unhappy with something about it. Like if you're starving around 10am, which happens to me if I eat the wrong things or not enough. I've heard that it's best to eat a large breakfast if your stomach is up to it.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    yupp

i'm bad about eating breakfast, but lately when I eat breakfast I just feel sick after. If I wait til after class (I have class mon-thurs 12:30-1:50) I find I don't. All in my head? probably. I should eat breakfast
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

OATMEAL. I cannot say enough good stuff about oatmeal. It makes me feel amazing. Amazing.

I can't really stand the texture of the instant stuff and I don't usually have time for the real kind, so I mix up a big tupperware of plain quick oats, some cinnamon and brown sugar, craisins or other dried fruit, and some chopped nuts. The add-ins help with the texture and the taste definitely.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

You might want to try blueberry buckwheat pancakes. They're delicious and are nutritious to some degree although they're fairly high in carbs. They take next to no time to make if you use a food processor.