• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes sense for breakfast?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Made some steel-cut oats this morning, took about 40 minutes including waiting for the water to boil. Lots of leftovers for the week. +black currants and brown sugar....sooooo delicious. :drool:

If you even remotely like "normal" oatmeal, and even if you don't, you should grab a bit of this stuff at a bulk food store and try it out. So much better than the rolled oat stuff....I don't think healthy food is intended to be this delicious.

disclaimer: maybe I'm just weird, lol. I also like fresh broccoli and green beans, so this is a very real possibility. :laugh:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Made some steel-cut oats this morning, took about 40 minutes including waiting for the water to boil. Lots of leftovers for the week. +black currants and brown sugar....sooooo delicious. :drool:

If you even remotely like "normal" oatmeal, and even if you don't, you should grab a bit of this stuff at a bulk food store and try it out. So much better than the rolled oat stuff....I don't think healthy food is intended to be this delicious.

disclaimer: maybe I'm just weird, lol. I also like fresh broccoli and green beans, so this is a very real possibility. :laugh:

Steel-cut oats are awesome. I feel like other oatmeal gets kind of mushy/goopy. The steel-cut oats are the best.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
My favorite breakfast food is bacon

Bacon is also the best lunch

Bacon for dinner is great too

And the best midnight snack is bacon, hands down

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I love a good homemade breakfast burrito. For me, that consists of a large flour tortilla heated over a flame (keep turning it over), scrambled egg, and grated cheese with tapatio on each bite.

I love burriots for breakfast too! Refried beans, tortilla, cheese, hot sauce (often sriracha), scrambled egg, and whatever veggies I am in the mood for. I have also been known to throw in sausage or some other form of meat if there are leftovers from the night before.

Today I had an apple, and then an hour or two later I had kraft dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to be having cheeseburgers cause I'm going to a burger place with my sister :doh: Not a good weekend for breakfasts!

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Wondered always the same as the OP. However it comes additionally to that that I don't really am hungry at morning at all, so consequences are I don't eat to breakfast.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I like a traditional fried greasy mess.. I am sure it's my favorite meal. Bacon and Eggs, that is.. I actually prefer it for supper.

When I do eat in the AM (or whenever I wake up, I do shift work ).. it's a muffin, avocado on toast or Muslix and yogurt.
I don't mind a smoothie at times either.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I guess I'll join the team that doesn't like Bacon and finds it overrated.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My favorite breakfast food is bacon

Bacon is also the best lunch

Bacon for dinner is great too

And the best midnight snack is bacon, hands down

I love bacon too, I even have this whole way of making it PERFECTLY in the microwave (really yes it's better in the microwave than fried, IMO) by wrapping it in paper towels and taking it out and flipping it and potentially applying new paper towels every two minutes until it's perfectly, evenly crispy as possible yet not at all burnt...but your post totally made me think of this:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day.
i start everyday with a green smoothie. and then
i eat about a thousand calories before noon.

i can eat like 24 dumplings during my drive to
work or like 2 breakfast sandwiches: eggs, bacon, sausages.
i'm very hungry in morning.

like a caterpillar.

very-hungry-caterpillar.jpg

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is ice cream an acceptable breakfast food? i'd really like some ice cream right now.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day.
i start everyday with a green smoothie. and then
i eat about a thousand calories before noon.

Gawd woman, you and your "green smoothies" :thelook:

Update: I got my very own blendtec. It's mostly a beast. I am still traumatized by my last green smoothie attempts but I have the ingredients.

i can eat like 24 dumplings during my drive to
work or like 2 breakfast sandwiches: eggs, bacon, sausages.
i'm very hungry in morning.

Sometimes I wake up and I crave greasy Asian comfort food - like dumplings :D Or dim sum. Usually more lunch and dinner food. Like fried chicken with mustard greens. Or:

DSC03833.jpg

:drool: