• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes sense for breakfast?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My theory is that breakfast foods are mostly foods that don't take near as much time to prepare as other meals, making use of leftovers from the night before and stuff that is more 'ready to go'. At some point, with the introduction of refrigeration and food preservation, what was possible in breakfast food technology changed, but the foods themselves were enshrined in tradition. Yes, breakfast is serious stuff to me.

I eat oatmeal.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
reheated steel-cut oats all this week (+black currants and brown sugar). Not sure how long they keep in the fridge, but I made them Sunday afternoon and they were still fine this morning. At least I didn't keel over (yet). Usually they are eaten by now.

It's my favourite (realistic) breakfast. Waffles and heaps of different fresh fruits would be tastier but is a little too ambitious for me to make....ever, really.

(I eat fried eggs for dinner more often than for breakfast. )

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I love bacon and fried potatoes. Some protein in the morning helps me think better. Making the effort to add more fruit and yogurt to my breakfast diet.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I normally go with boiled eggs and greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is awesome for health and taste.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think standard breakfast foods- bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast, are the best thing for you.... But I think it just matters that people do what makes their bodies feel good and functioning.I'm not a breakfast eater myself. I'm an intuitive eater, and a little quick sugar to jolt me awake works just fine, like an orange and a yogurt. I'm usually up at night doing a bunch of things, so my idea of a clock is "intuitive", too- by then I have a lot more food on board. :laugh:

But yeah, my mother the dietician is introducing intuitive eating to a lot of her clients- I've been doing it all along. I think it's the way of the future.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Like Randomnity, I prepare a batch of steelcut oatmeal that usually lasts me 6 or 7 mornings. For taking to work primarily.

Oatmeal, trader joe's organic vanilla yogurt, frozen wild blueberries, and a walnut raisin apple bar in a little tupperware. Prefer slightly chilled to microwaved.

Grind 2 tbsp of flax seeds each morning for mixing in.

I like having trader joe's soy chorizo on weekends. Prepare chiles, peppers, mushrooms, curry, etc., add eggs. Wrap product in a flaxseed tortilla and enjoy.