User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I eat those pre-made, Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Croissants for breakfast every day. Sometimes I have the Ham and Cheese Croissants instead.

I think that makes sense.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Why are certain foods considered 'breakfast' foods and others aren't? Why is cereal, eggs, bacon, and toast considered breakfast foods but foods like soup, pizza, chocolate, hamburgers, or broccoli are not? Is it just some tradition that happened to be passed down the generation or is there some other reason like breakfast foods being easier to prepare?

I eat for breakfast whatever is easy to prepare. Who cares if its a considered a breakfast food or not. I don't usually have the time to cook much as I have to go work. So I usually eat things like cereal, yogurt, fruit ('traditional' breakfast foods) but also things like popcorn, leftovers from the night before, carrot sticks, etc. which are not considered 'breakfast' foods.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I just have a few scrambled eggs and coffee. Carbs first thing in the morning = blech.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

The usual variety of things for me:
    Cereal (honey bunches of oats, raisin bran, or whatever is cheap lol), Poached Eggs on toast, PB&J, Oatmeal with cinnamon/sugar/maple syrup, Yogurt or Jello, Fruit.

While it's just become a tradition that is further backed by most eateries, it really doesn't matter what sort of food you eat for breakfast. Different cultures are prone to eating different things to start their day, I would imagine. It's really just personal preference.

Ideally, it's said you should have a meal that is higher in carbs, and/or potentially protein, early in your day. It's also said that breakfast should be your largest meal, while dinner should be fairly small. This is also up to preference.
    I prefer to eat a small/fair portion for breakfast as I don't tend to plan out the rest of my meals for the day. I fall prey to the 'If I like it, I'm not going to throw away half of it or care for moderation' mindset at dinner, so I accommodate for it when it is feasible to do so. Oddly enough, I don't find cereal or oatmeal to be very filling for very long. While they fuel the body, I think proteins take longer to digest.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Why are certain foods considered 'breakfast' foods and others aren't? Why is cereal, eggs, bacon, and toast considered breakfast foods but foods like soup, pizza, chocolate, hamburgers, or broccoli are not? Is it just some tradition that happened to be passed down the generation or is there some other reason like breakfast foods being easier to prepare?
    I always thought it had to do with some foods being easier to digest. That's what my mother told me anyway, when I questioned her about this as a kid. When I found inconsistencies in this theory (why are heavy, greasy meats like sausage and bacon okay, but not a lighter meat like chicken?) she just told me that's what you do, and I should just listen to her, and why do I have to debate all the time.

I think it's mostly tradition now, even if the traditions originally made sense (like making a point of eating mainly carbohydrates to ensure we had enough energy for our daily activities? Dunno). I pretty much just eat whatever I'd eat any other time of the day.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Anything that will get your body going. It just makes sense to eat breakfast, regardless of the type of food, because you've been fasting for 4-12 hours depending on your sleep schedule and the number of hours you sleep for typically.

Leftovers from the night before are sometimes what I choose, sometimes just a hard boiled egg chopped into a small salad, and sometimes I go all out with the whole egg-and-bacon sandwich thing.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Thats kind of what I'm getting at... why is it that some meals get classified for certain times? But in this thread I'm specifically asking what makes sense for breakfast because I'm curious if there is a specific reason why traditional foods are traditional.

I think having chocolate or any other form of highly refined sugar would be really shitty for breakfast though. That said, I've been known to have milkshakes with breakfast! haha

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

2 eggs scrambled, grits (with butter, salt, and pepper), and crumbled up bacon. All mixed together with several dashes of Tabasco.

2 pieces of rye toast with butter. A glass of OJ.

And if I wanna really over do it... Some hash browns, scattered, smothered, and covered (covered in cheese and onions for those of you who don't know waffle house orders).

MBTI
    INTP

Eat fucking bacon

MBTI
    infp

God, I hate bacon. It is without a doubt the most over rated thing ever. Without a doubt.