• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

self massage

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this might be a weird inquiry but anyone know how to give them selves back massages? I have this gnarly knot where those bumps stick out you know from your shoulders on the left side, its making me nauseas it hurts so much. I do not have a low tolerance of pain either.

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
That sounds like trigger points, hon. Check out trigger point therapy books or massage therapists or chiropractors that specialize in TrPts.

The longer you wait, the worse it will get.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you learn to internet! but nah if it gets bad enough I'll go to student health.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just wanted to see if their's a way to fix it on my own. My first thought was who do I know that sells opiates (not herion) ? than when I realized I know no one i feel comfortable enough asking up here I decided to do this instead. But I hate going to the doctors.

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
There are books on it. Amazon has them. :3 And most doctors don't believe in TrPts and/or do not know how to treat it. I took me 3 years to treat it, and like 15 doctors.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
do you know of any good titles? part of me wants to see if it goes away because sometimes that happens.

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook is a great start. But I really recommend a professional.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
yes, I have done this with some success.

Lay on your bed (yours might not work, since I think it is on the floor?). Lay on your back with your head and shoulders hanging off the bed and your arms stretched out over your head..use the edge of the mattress (conventional...might not work with a temperpedic) or the corner and move your upper body around to massage the knot against the edge. You might be able to do it with another piece of furniture or door frame too. I find hanging allows me to relax and stretch my neck muscles, which are prone to tighten.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
can you stretch that point?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've tried but it didn't do much good. Anyways its been hurting less so I don't know why.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this might be a weird inquiry but anyone know how to give them selves back massages? I have this gnarly knot where those bumps stick out you know from your shoulders on the left side, its making me nauseas it hurts so much. I do not have a low tolerance of pain either.

The thing with doing self-massages on the back is that just by moving your arm back there, certain back muscles tense up, so it's impossible to fully relax.

Seriously, I can't recommend professional massage enough. Since you can handle more pain it sounds like, get deep tissue. I can't. I'm a wimp and can only handle Swedish. But even that helped.

And make sure they're certified! If they're doing deep tissue and they don't know what they're doing, they can screw up your musculature even more.

Around my (overpriced) city, it runs about $90 for 60 min. It's totally worth it, especially if your knots are bad enough to make you feel sick.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
soooooo, this thread is sooooo not what I thought it was gonna be about :p... which is unfortunate, cause you being in pain sucks:( what I would suggest doing before you try the above mattress/furniture method is to first put ice on it for 15-30 minutes, full 30 if you can handle it, 15 minimum... then take a hot bath, as hot as is comfortable for you, THEN try the above method, that helped me pop a knot out of my back easily... but it doesnt work for everyone.