User Tag List

First 12

Thread: headaches?!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I DO live in the Midwest! (which you are right about... it is NOT hot and sunny year round! though it has been warmer lately than usual!)

I've booked an appointment for later today because after being miserable all day while interviewing people and working and having to try and hide that is NOT cool in the least
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

In the last days I had the same issue, just with that it starts on night (when I go sleep) and stops at late morning only, so it prevents from sleeping properly. Normal pills against headache (without recipe) didn't really help. Luckily it stopped, I reduced at least a bit the time I spend on PC and the amount of caffeine I take to me, especially before I go sleep.

But yeah, I guess it is reasonable to go see the doctor nevertheless. Could be anything.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

So I went to one of those hospital clinic thingies where you don't need to book ahead because I suck at thinking ahead and planning things (unlike the man, who is happily planning the details of a trip that's 2 entire weeks from now! ) and, after waiting around in the waiting room for a while, was informed that it most certainly appears as though I've been getting migraines for the past few months. Fuck that I concluded that the prescription looked more expensive than I was willing to spend and they informed me that there's a good chance that OTC meds would be effective as well, so I'm going with that approach for a while since the appointment itself was expensive enough (more not planning... I haven't gotten around to getting health insurance )... why must life continually hit a pothole every time it seems to be running smoothly?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

I already mentioned how I tried nixing caffeine, eating right/regularly & having the right vision prescription, but given that I had a headache today that was so bad it caused me to wretch over the toilet, I'm going to add more: menstruation (it's right before my period), heat (it's a hot day), craning your neck down at a computer (not something I did today, but I've considered it in the past), hrm... that's all I've got.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I can sympathize... I spent Friday working in the rain with an interview tagging along with me all day who I was supposed to be asking questions and evaluating... instead I spent most of the time losing my grip on the english language and keeping tabs on where the nearest restroom was for in case I needed to throw up... and not being able to let on that anything was bothering me at all

the worst

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

That definately sounds like migraine. I had it in my high school years. Not good!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intp

I've had severe migraines since I was around seven or eight, and I have had scans, taken various medicines, etc for years. What I have found is that, once a migraine gets going, there's really no stopping it. While it's important to try pinpointing triggers (mine include flashing or flickering lights and fatty/salty foods), there is nothing more important than catching it before it gets bad. There are signs when one is coming on that you learn to watch for, and at that point you can sometimes prevent a full-blown migraine by taking a moderate dose of pain medicine or lying down in a quiet, cool, dark place until it's gone.

For a cheap over-the-counter medicine that kicks in quickly, you can try T1's. The moderate dose of codeine hits pretty quick, and the dose of acetaminophen is relatively small. However, you don't want to take these very often, because you will build up a tolerance.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I tend to have this *slight* headache around the right side of my temple area. It's usually triggered when I'm not doing anything, and tends to vanish when I get busy.