• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really heavily obese???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
So my parents always made a big drama about my body, not because they thought I was anorexic, but because they think I'm way too fat. When they learned that I never use the scales and only take my measurements, they took my measuring take and hid it, so I'd use the scales again. I didn't use the scales, if you were curious, because all I'm interested in is if my proportions are still okay. So when I found my measuring tape again after five months of not having any control over my body, I found that my waist gained 3 cm/1.2 inch and my hips gained 6 cm/2.4 inch (I already noticed that my bras were getting too small). Oops. Even though I'm one of the lucky few whose waist hip-ratio improves when gaining weight, my parents are making more drama about my body than ever, mostly because I don't eat a lot. My father thinks I have a problem with my thyroid gland and my mother thinks I'm balancing on the edge of obesity. So now I'm having a dilemma: I could start dieting and exercize more and lose my beloved curves (and saving €10000 to get myself a boob job and a butt job to get everything back in proportion) or I could keep everything the way it is and listen to my naggy parents. It would be nice to have some other opinions, so I just took a picture of myself with my phone (I'm sorry about the crappy quality). Am I really that fat?

image-upload-5-784054.jpg

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:huh:

I'll be the first to say this: uhm, no. Obese is a medical term- you definitely don't fit the term.

I think you look fine. Stay that way. If you must, lose only a little.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Okay, thanks, because I was starting to worry. Especially after my mother started ranting about "you may like the way your body looks, but others definately don't!". But science says I'm looking good? :huh: Anyways, I don't know how I'd get that €10000 this quickly. I'm a fucking student! My mother thinks I'm 170 pounds right now and that my boobs must be hanging on the floor if I weren't wearing a bra. She's mad.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No. Definitely not obese, or even fat. You look healthy, and if you like the way your body looks, screw others if they don't! It might not be a bad idea to get your thyroid checked IN CASE there is an issue (if you don't eat a lot and have gained weight, that seems a bit odd), but only for the health reasons, not because of your weight or body shape. You are lovely just how you are!

G

Glycerine

Not at all, you don't even look overweight (just maybe not the most toned). Those messages seem really toxic.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All that matters is how you feel about your own body. Forget about everyone elses opinion.

As for the practical problem of nagging, tell your mom you'll go with her to a doctor to see how obese you really are and make it clear that *if* you do this and the doctor clears you as healthy, and not in anyway obese ( which, btw, you aren't), she has got to stop worrying so much. It might just reassure her and get her off your back.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
not fat. I gained about 10 lbs when i was around 19 or 20 but i've never been fat, gaining a little bit of weight isn't the end of the world, if you're concerned about it maybe look into your diet and exercise. But judging by your picture you look healthy.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I know, I just think it must be something with my hormones, maybe my estrogen level got higher, it probably did (my life turned less stressfull lately and I thought that when you're stressed your body makes more testosterone or something). Anyways, I think my parents still compare me to the way I looked at age 14.

HPIM0020.jpg

In no way are you obese or even overweight. In fact, you have a lovely body. Don't feel bad for letting puberty happen to you!

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
wut. :confused:

I was expecting to see a person double your size. You're not even what I'd consider "chubby." You have a very lovely shape.

If you want to know what clinically obese truly looks like, PM me and I'll send you a picture of me for comparison. :laugh:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
In no way are you obese or even overweight. In fact, you have a lovely body. Don't feel bad for letting puberty happen to you!

I'm 19. My puberty started 3.5 years early, so this weight gain is post-puberty fat. :)

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
No offense, but how your parents are treating you is FUCKED UP!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think you're obese at all. There's a chance that you MIGHT look ever-so-slightly pudgy if you weren't wearing black, but that's it. The parents reaction is definitely disproportional and irrational. You would have to gain A LOT of weight before I'd consider you fat, let alone obese.

If you WERE fat, it would still be downright cruel to react that way, if anything.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I entered the thread hoping to bluntly say "Yes". You disappoint me.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think your parents need to see a doctor more than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.