User Tag List

12311 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Am I really heavily obese???

So my parents always made a big drama about my body, not because they thought I was anorexic, but because they think I'm way too fat. When they learned that I never use the scales and only take my measurements, they took my measuring take and hid it, so I'd use the scales again. I didn't use the scales, if you were curious, because all I'm interested in is if my proportions are still okay. So when I found my measuring tape again after five months of not having any control over my body, I found that my waist gained 3 cm/1.2 inch and my hips gained 6 cm/2.4 inch (I already noticed that my bras were getting too small). Oops. Even though I'm one of the lucky few whose waist hip-ratio improves when gaining weight, my parents are making more drama about my body than ever, mostly because I don't eat a lot. My father thinks I have a problem with my thyroid gland and my mother thinks I'm balancing on the edge of obesity. So now I'm having a dilemma: I could start dieting and exercize more and lose my beloved curves (and saving €10000 to get myself a boob job and a butt job to get everything back in proportion) or I could keep everything the way it is and listen to my naggy parents. It would be nice to have some other opinions, so I just took a picture of myself with my phone (I'm sorry about the crappy quality). Am I really that fat?

I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I'll be the first to say this: uhm, no. Obese is a medical term- you definitely don't fit the term.

I think you look fine. Stay that way. If you must, lose only a little.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Dali

You're far from obese.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Okay, thanks, because I was starting to worry. Especially after my mother started ranting about "you may like the way your body looks, but others definately don't!". But science says I'm looking good? Anyways, I don't know how I'd get that €10000 this quickly. I'm a fucking student! My mother thinks I'm 170 pounds right now and that my boobs must be hanging on the floor if I weren't wearing a bra. She's mad.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No. Definitely not obese, or even fat. You look healthy, and if you like the way your body looks, screw others if they don't! It might not be a bad idea to get your thyroid checked IN CASE there is an issue (if you don't eat a lot and have gained weight, that seems a bit odd), but only for the health reasons, not because of your weight or body shape. You are lovely just how you are!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Glycerine

Not at all, you don't even look overweight (just maybe not the most toned). Those messages seem really toxic.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

All that matters is how you feel about your own body. Forget about everyone elses opinion.

As for the practical problem of nagging, tell your mom you'll go with her to a doctor to see how obese you really are and make it clear that *if* you do this and the doctor clears you as healthy, and not in anyway obese ( which, btw, you aren't), she has got to stop worrying so much. It might just reassure her and get her off your back.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP

You're hot. Whatever weight you are looks great.

MBTI
    yupp

not fat. I gained about 10 lbs when i was around 19 or 20 but i've never been fat, gaining a little bit of weight isn't the end of the world, if you're concerned about it maybe look into your diet and exercise. But judging by your picture you look healthy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I know, I just think it must be something with my hormones, maybe my estrogen level got higher, it probably did (my life turned less stressfull lately and I thought that when you're stressed your body makes more testosterone or something). Anyways, I think my parents still compare me to the way I looked at age 14.

- George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here