User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 178

  1. #61
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Aaaaand he said it again. "I think you have thyroid problems because your fat in an ugly way." Then I asked him what he wanted me to look like. He didn't explain it, he just threw a tantrum. So I have to eat even less? And I am already constantly starving!
    Actually, I've heard that cutting back too much on food causes your body to go into starvation mode, which actually causes you to GAIN weight. So not eating enough could actually be your problem if you're still gaining weight.

    The body was designed to deal with famine, not abundance of food, avoiding temptation, and idealizing an overly skinny appearance. In some cultures, I believe that being too skinny is actually considered a sign of poverty rather than beauty.

  2. #62
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Actually, I've heard that cutting back too much on food causes your body to go into starvation mode, which actually causes you to GAIN weight. So not eating enough could actually be your problem if you're still gaining weight.

    The body was designed to deal with famine, not abundance of food, avoiding temptation, and idealizing an overly skinny appearance. In some cultures, I believe that being too skinny is actually considered a sign of poverty rather than beauty.
    Well, I know that. When I eat, I usually make sure my parents won't notice. Most of the time I just go to the school cafetaria, but I don't eat much there either, usually just some yoghurt with cereal. I really think there's something wrong with my father. "You're simply FAT!" Okay, I guess this thread proves differently. Anyways, I didn't tell him I'm not planning to lose any weight, because he'd probably just throw another tantrum. I think he has autism or something. I wish I could just eat again, enjoy my life a bit, not feeling like I need to be some unsexy catwalk model.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  3. #63
    Senior Member syndatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ
    Posts
    256

    Default

    So you still live with your parents? Maybe you should consider moving? They treat you like a child - or worse, they treat you as an object at their command. Their obsession with your weight is abnormal, you're a grown up now, and your weight is clearly none of their business. I think you need to put up som boundaries.

    You do ask for opinions about your body however, and I think you could do with some work out to be more toned. My body is similar, and I personally would prefer to be a little more fit. But I'm also thinking that you ask for opinions because you think other people have the right to have opinions about your body. Which they don't, of course. If you're happy with the way you look - stop listening to other people

  4. #64
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    So you still live with your parents? Maybe you should consider moving? They treat you like a child - or worse, they treat you as an object at their command. Their obsession with your weight is abnormal, you're a grown up now, and your weight is clearly none of their business. I think you need to put up som boundaries.

    You do ask for opinions about your body however, and I think you could do with some work out to be more toned. My body is similar, and I personally would prefer to be a little more fit. But I'm also thinking that you ask for opinions because you think other people have the right to have opinions about your body. Which they don't, of course. If you're happy with the way you look - stop listening to other people
    I wanted to move out a year ago, but I wasn't allowed to. They said that if I'd move out, they wouldn't ever support me if I ever got in financial trouble and I didn't want to take that risk (most students get in financial problems). I nearly considered the harsh approach of faking an eating disorder, but I read that things like that are a sign of psychopathy and I really don't feel like going to a psychiatric hospital. Or maybe it is a good idea, but then I shouldn't do it way too extreme. I just nead to eat significantly less during dinner, pretend I have some obsession with my weight, shaking things up and making them face that they've might have done something wrong. Believe me, if they had a kid who would have been prone to eating disorders, it would have died of one a long time ago.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  5. #65
    Senior Member syndatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ
    Posts
    256

    Default

    I understand. They seem to have some serious control issues. If it's impossible to move, try to listen as little as possible, and study fast
    Eating disorders are not indications of psychopathy btw, but can be connected with OCD. Also, it's often an indication of a person being totally invaded upon, and thus controlling what little is left to control, like for instance eating.

  6. #66
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syndatha View Post
    I understand. They seem to have some serious control issues. If it's impossible to move, try to listen as little as possible, and study fast
    Eating disorders are not indications of psychopathy btw, but can be connected with OCD. Also, it's often an indication of a person being totally invaded upon, and thus controlling what little is left to control, like for instance eating.
    I've been checking when I could move away. Turns out I'm stuck here for at least two more years. Then I'd like to get my master somewhere abroad. But it's insane how much of my life I've been hiding from my parents. They don't know I'm here, for instance and my father doesn't know I spend lots of time writing on my big fat writing project and that I've written 153 pages of fiction since December 18. In fact, I believe that at least two third of my life is hidden from at least one of my parents. It's insane.
    PRETENDING to have an eating disorder IS a sign of psychopathy, not the disorder itself. Anorexics are usually extreme perfectionists, so OCD would indeed be logical. I once browsed through some of those pro-ana sites, seriously, those people are NUTS! They actually talk about themself the way my father talks about me. But most of the time eating disorders occur when girls (and boys) feel like they don't have any control over their life. That doesn't take away the fact that they're totally nuts.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  7. #67
    Senior Member syndatha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Well, in your case, I don't think faking an eating disorder would be considered psychopathy. More like self defense, or a survival strategy IMO

  8. #68
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    That doesn't take away the fact that they're totally nuts.
    Thanks.



    In regards to your situation with your parents. Have you considered applying for some student exchange programmes? Like the Erasmus Programme, for example. There are others as well. Depending on the programme, you could spend an entire academic year abroad and pay no extra tuition fee. There are also grants available to cover for the additional expenses. Look into what options your university offers, you don't have to limit yourself to such an extent in your life, it might just turn you into a...nut.

  9. #69
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    In regards to your situation with your parents. Have you considered applying for some student exchange programmes? Like the Erasmus Programme, for example. There are others as well. Depending on the programme, you could spend an entire academic year abroad and pay no extra tuition fee. There are also grants available to cover for the additional expenses. Look into what options your university offers, you don't have to limit yourself to such an extent in your life, it might just turn you into a...nut.
    I've been checking out those programs, but if I'd really want to follow them I need to wait at least until September 2012. I'm already quite nuts, if you haven't noticed it yet. Turns out being as secretive as I am is actually a disease (my professor told me so).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  10. #70
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    I know this won't solve your parents insanity, but have you thought about talking to a therapist about this, maybe they can help you develop tools and just have a place to rant and vent your frustrations in order to deal with your parents more effectiantly, I wish there was a way to get them to see a professional, because what they're saying is damaging, and it sounds like they would benefit from counseling. Because more than likely they have issues that they need to work out themselves.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Am i Really an ESFP?
    By defragmybrain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 08:48 AM
  2. Am I really ISFP?
    By Dali in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
  3. Am I really ENFx?
    By alcea rosea in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 01:13 PM
  4. If a noob posts in this forum and no one reads it am I really here?
    By Delilah in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM
  5. Am I really INTP?
    By Luke in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO