• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really heavily obese???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I had to think hard what having no feeling feels like, and empty seemed like a logical conclusion.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
My parents are crazy. I'm pretending to be on a diet and now they think I lost weight, even though I didn't. They stopped complaining about my physique and even started complimenting me, while NOTHING changed. WTF?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That sounds like it's really about control.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, their little girl is growing up and getting out of hand. :biggrin:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
BREAKING NEWS! Turned out I did lose weight, but it's not that much. It's more like my body fat is moving to other places.

Measurements before I gained weight (in cm):
?? - 70 - 101

Measurements after I suddenly gained weight:
99 - 72 - 107

Now (after a few weeks of pretending to be on a diet):
100 - 70 - 104

My body is a weird machine.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would attribute that difference of one single centimeter in chest circumference to inexact measurement or normal variation according to daytime, hormonal rythm, etc.

Sounds like a great hip-waist-ratio.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I would attribute that difference of one single centimeter in chest circumference to inexact measurement or normal variation according to daytime, hormonal rythm, etc.

Sounds like a great hip-waist-ratio.

I know. I keep getting comments that I should do something about my hips because they're way too wide. I'm personally very fond of my new 0.67 hip-waist ratio. :)

I measure myself multiple times a day and this is the mean of the last few days, by the way.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
:shock:

You need a new hobby!!!

I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit obsessed myself as well. Only I'm obsessed with proving myself there's nothing wrong with my body and my family's more obsessed with proving me everything about my body is wrong.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You already know there's nothing wrong with your body, you just need to find a way to make yourself believe it.

FYI, I empathise with your anesthetized emptiness. It's what happens when you've lived to long in a restrictive environment at some point you loose yourself. If you move out, get mental space, you can get connected again.

EDIT: I think the question you need to ask yourself is: How come is it that people who are clearly less ideally shaped than me somehow manage to be happier than me?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
You already know there's nothing wrong with your body, you just need to find a way to make yourself believe it.

FYI, I empathise with your anesthetized emptiness. It's what happens when you've lived to long in a restrictive environment at some point you loose yourself. If you move out, get mental space, you can get connected again.

EDIT: I think the question you need to ask yourself is: How come is it that people who are clearly less ideally shaped than me somehow manage to be happier than me?

I am happy. I'm just stuck here with a whole bunch of naggers. However, a friend of mine convinced me that we should both get an appartment and move out, so I'm going to try to find myseld a cheap home this summer. My anesthized emptiness has nothing to do with my family, by the way. I've gone through harder things.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am happy. I'm just stuck here with a whole bunch of naggers. However, a friend of mine convinced me that we should both get an appartment and move out, so I'm going to try to find myseld a cheap home this summer. My anesthized emptiness has nothing to do with my family, by the way. I've gone through harder things.

That's good to hear. There are all kinds of hardships, there are catastrophic immediate ones and there ones that erode at you over long years, and they all take their toll. Take care of yourself.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
WTF? I eat ONE cookie and they start to complain I'm getting fat again? And they can eat a whole bag of Snickers without anyone complaining about them? AAAAA! I want some Snickers too and I don't even like them!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
WHAT.

You got teats. They jealous??

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And definitely take steps to move out. My adoptive father was also OTT controlling, though not with my weight (he actually wanted me to gain weight, as I've been technically underweight my whole life, and he's from a Viking country)...I GTFO at 18 years old.

No money. No job. Just lots of loans and a desire for freedom. I managed - weathered the struggle, worked full-time while going to university, and now I'm debt-free and running my own business. You can do all this too.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
So I have lost about 11 and a half kgs over the last 3 months and I'm pretty happy with my weight as it is now but BMI says I'm fat (25.4). What should I do? keep eating as I am and see what happens? Don't want to go too skinny.

Once you've lost the fat how do you build up muscle?

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
You'll find often that it might not be weight but composition of your body that is important. The higher the actual fat percentage is, the more of a concern it is. Obesity and overweight are two far different things.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So my parents always made a big drama about my body, not because they thought I was anorexic, but because they think I'm way too fat. When they learned that I never use the scales and only take my measurements, they took my measuring take and hid it, so I'd use the scales again. I didn't use the scales, if you were curious, because all I'm interested in is if my proportions are still okay. So when I found my measuring tape again after five months of not having any control over my body, I found that my waist gained 3 cm/1.2 inch and my hips gained 6 cm/2.4 inch (I already noticed that my bras were getting too small). Oops. Even though I'm one of the lucky few whose waist hip-ratio improves when gaining weight, my parents are making more drama about my body than ever, mostly because I don't eat a lot. My father thinks I have a problem with my thyroid gland and my mother thinks I'm balancing on the edge of obesity. So now I'm having a dilemma: I could start dieting and exercize more and lose my beloved curves (and saving €10000 to get myself a boob job and a butt job to get everything back in proportion) or I could keep everything the way it is and listen to my naggy parents. It would be nice to have some other opinions, so I just took a picture of myself with my phone (I'm sorry about the crappy quality). Am I really that fat?

image-upload-5-784054.jpg

Oh my, your figure is beautiful! But also, if you gain or lose weight, your figure, (very feminine hour glass,) won't change. Embrace your curves!

Status
Not open for further replies.