User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    So my parents always made a big drama about my body, not because they thought I was anorexic, but because they think I'm way too fat. When they learned that I never use the scales and only take my measurements, they took my measuring take and hid it, so I'd use the scales again. I didn't use the scales, if you were curious, because all I'm interested in is if my proportions are still okay. So when I found my measuring tape again after five months of not having any control over my body, I found that my waist gained 3 cm/1.2 inch and my hips gained 6 cm/2.4 inch (I already noticed that my bras were getting too small). Oops. Even though I'm one of the lucky few whose waist hip-ratio improves when gaining weight, my parents are making more drama about my body than ever, mostly because I don't eat a lot. My father thinks I have a problem with my thyroid gland and my mother thinks I'm balancing on the edge of obesity. So now I'm having a dilemma: I could start dieting and exercize more and lose my beloved curves (and saving €10000 to get myself a boob job and a butt job to get everything back in proportion) or I could keep everything the way it is and listen to my naggy parents. It would be nice to have some other opinions, so I just took a picture of myself with my phone (I'm sorry about the crappy quality). Am I really that fat?

No, Id even say you have a fantastic physique. You look healthy and like Id like women to look like. If you dont eat healthy and varied, just start doing that and you should have no problem looking good for years.

MBTI
    ENTP

No, you are not.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Content of my post is obviously redundant to the other posts, but I guess one can never hear that too often, so anyway: No, you are not fat.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Thanks everyone (and ThatGirl too) for being honest. I already thought there was something wrong with my family. Today I went shopping and I saw all these other women trying clothes and so I observed how they look and I realized that at least 70% of them have more flaws than I do. On the other hand, in my family they also say that I shouldn't compare myself to others because other people aren't a good thing to compare myself to... I'm wondering what ideals my parents have. Maybe they've watched too many pro-ana sites.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Lightbulb

Y'know I have to add... It wasn't until the past few years that I began to realize how much most men actually don't like really skinny women. Turns out a LOT of them like butts and hips and boobs and some squishy/jiggly bits. Mind you, there are exceptions to everything and all kinds of body shapes have the potential to be beautiful to others. But overall, I think it's the contrast of our softness to their hardness that is the appeal --what an eye opener for me. I hated the way I looked for years, YEARS (still working on that) and was always convinced I was too fat. Ultimately, this belief spiraled into depression and made the 'me in my head' materialize into reality. I see now it was other women that made me feel bad about the way I looked and not men. /light bulb/ Feel really stupid for having figured that one out so late. So, I'm in the process of correcting it, but I have been asked by more than one fella "not to lose too much."

If people are telling you to drop weight, ask yourself first what their angle is. It'll help you decide if you ought to or not.

/cheers
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, I've been trying to tell them that being skinny isn't that attractive and it almost made my think my father is actually closet gay (took a look in his computer, turned out he isn't, I'm totally surprised). Their problem is that I've had a bit of a belly for as long as I can remember and even at times when I was underweight (which you won't even notice when I'm wearing decent clothing and after my observation in the fashion store today I found out it's nothing compared to other women's bellies) and they're not able to see my ribs. Apparently your ribs need to show if you want to have a decent body. The thing is that many underweight girls have a belly (or at least more than I do) and their ribs don't always show. Anyways, I don't know what would be attractive about a body like this

It's just frustrating. After years of having complexes about the way I look (I think I was five when I got my complexes and I started dieting for the first time at age eight, my parents even encouraged it) I finally started to look at myself in a more or less healthier way and I like myself, but I have to listen to those freaks complain about how I have a disformed body image? It's crazy!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Their problem is that I've had a bit of a belly for as long as I can remember and even at times when I was underweight (which you won't even notice when I'm wearing decent clothing and after my observation in the fashion store today I found out it's nothing compared to other women's bellies) and they're not able to see my ribs.
    The abdomen pouch is arguably the most common place for fat to be stored on a woman anywhere. It's probably one of the last things to vanish entirely when we lose weight. I have this and also wide hips/large thighs. I could whittle myself down to a damn skeleton, but I would still have breadth and fatty substance in these areas.

We have to learn to love our body's distinct shapes or run ourselves into the ground trying to emulate someone else's. No gracias.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Seriously, go to a doctor with them, tell the doctor that they think you're obese, and contain yourself as the doctor bursts out laughing. I'm 100% serious.

Now, they might just dismiss it as "damn quack doctor what does he know" but then you still have a doctor's opinion on your side. And if you were obese, going to the doctor to get nutrition advice/measure blood pressure and so on would be totally normal. Even for a yearly physical they should measure weight, so make sure your parents are there when you ask the doctor if he think you are obese.

I think this is the best thing you can do to stop them from harassing you. Other than moving out asap. They're seriously delusional and worse, hurting you with their delusions.

edit: it's not good to compare yourself to others, though. TONS of people are over- or underweight. Compare yourself to what doctors think is a healthy shape. You may or may not be slightly "overweight" by medical terms, hard to tell from that picture (I'm guessing you're well within healthy range, though), but you're certainly not obese, that much is clear.
    -end of thread-

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Technically you're not obese. But not "average" either.
    But since you require total honesty, and despite everything that has been said here, I think you could benefit from losing a little weight.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I think you're very attractive. Totally being honest. Twig women are not a good representation of beauty. Women are not men, they're naturally supposed to have some fat.

And your parents are insane. If they think you're overweight, they must be either very underweight, or hypocrites.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window