User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: I'm dying

MBTI
    ISTx

Thank you, bmc. : )

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    You're a real sweetheart, you know that?

People die all the time, yes. Oneself does not. Fear of death is the most fundamental and universal characteristic living beings have. Yet your reaction to someone else's bad news is to mock it as a "pity party" and deride his distress as "feeling like a victim". That's kind of fucked up.

And yet you continue in the same vein.

I really question the mindset of someone who reads the phrase "I'm dying" and whose immediate reaction is that this person should be reprimanded and publicly embarrassed. Someone who's upset looks to a friendly community for sympathy, support, understanding, and you act like this merits some sort of punishment. Are you deranged?
    Thank you for your concern for my mental health.

I can only claim that you cannot possibly know the true depth of my sentiments which were not expressed here in an expected or refined way.

I have already apologized to Beat for not publicly expressing enough concern for his wellbeing as he certainly deserves.

But I will stand behind my words as they were the result of my interpretation of the purpose of this kind of thread.

The matter is closed to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    What are you going to do about it? It's ok to vent about it but if you're going to continue dwelling on it and being all negative, it's not going to make you better. It's definitely going to get your blood pressure even higher. Might I suggest that instead of getting yourself worked up about all the possible scenarios you can find on the Internet, wait for a professional to take a look at things and assess them with a cool head.

You can probably find some info online about people who have all that and possibly even worse as well but they're still able to be positive and enjoy life. Stay positive and good luck.
    Agreed.

Beat, I'm very sorry to hear about your problem. But I really think that you're going to be okay. Just put it in your doctor's hands, and try not to worry. I know it's difficult, but it's important that you don't stress yourself out and risk becoming less healthy. It could be the difference between life and death.

And remember... death is inevitable. What you choose to do with the time before death, is not. Try to accomplish everything that you can before you die, try to make your time count. Even if you're not dying, I guarantee you won't regret trying to make the most of each day.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wait, you're not actually dying, you just have high blood pressure? Dude, change your diet and start exercising. Most health problems in the United States can be fixed with diet and weight loss, no offense, but having high blood pressure at your age is probably related to lifestyle.

And, no, I'm not trying to be mean, I honestly feel like this is the most helpful thing to say to you.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Not to sound all hippy or anything, but a primarily vegan diet, the more raw the better, and meditation, can do wonders for a persons health... not saying a person has to completely cut out the bad foods, but reducing them considerably can have major bonuses for health... also, cinnamon is super good for you, and can be used in a huge number of vegan recipes...hehehe
    *gives you a batch of raw vegan cinnamon banana sorbet*
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

FigerPuppet

You might as well just jump off a bridge and be done with it.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Wait, you're not actually dying, you just have high blood pressure? Dude, change your diet and start exercising. Most health problems in the United States can be fixed with diet and weight loss, no offense, but having high blood pressure at your age is probably related to lifestyle.

And, no, I'm not trying to be mean, I honestly feel like this is the most helpful thing to say to you.
    No, I don't just have high blood pressure. I don't know if you've read the thread or not. I have kidney disease, high blood pressure and a deviation of the electrical signal in my heart (which at this point is not to worry about according to the doc, though research on my end suggests it's not a good thing and my chance of developing heart disease rises because of this). I did think the EKG results would turn out to be a more serious issue then they did though and for that I'm relieved.

I've had high blood pressure since I was 14.... I'm not overweight. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Even in my cardio prime during my bout in the Marines I had high blood pressure. I try to keep a decent diet, but it's not completely strict.

Breakfast: Apple, 1 whole egg, three egg whites, oatmeal with cinnamon and a tbsp of almond butter.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

mmmm, cinnamon in oatmeal is awesome, ive used apple butter for sweetener be4 as well, and thats pretty yummy with the cinnamon, almond butter sounds pretty awesome too, ive not tried almond butter in oatmeal, your making me hungry, hehe
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    ISTx

Oh you know it's coming now

MBTI
    ISTx

But really, that's a good idea: the apple butter in oatmeal. That would go great with cinnamon (heh, what doesn't right?) too.