User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: I'm dying

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    He's obviously upset, he made a thread about it to vent. Pity parties are all fine and dandy but people die all the time. My post was for later on when he stops feeling like a victim. To the bolded: Right on, as if my initial reaction was so very positive.
    Your opening lines in your first post in this thread came off as unnecessarily crass. By stating that "people die all the time" and devaluing the validity of the thread by referring to it as a "pity party" in what I assume was an attempt to come off as sarcastic and desensitized , you are't necessarily stating anything particularly insightful, or that wasn't abundantly clear to everyone prior to that, so fail on trying to play that oh so common internet cynical realist shtick. Sure, technically we are all going to die, but what keeps most of us functioning mentally in a healthy manner is the willful ignorance of not knowing, and I'm sure despite how insensitive you'd like to appear to believe you are toward the issue, knowing your own death was imminent would surely invoke some emotion, which is only natural.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Do what you can. The great thing is this diagnosis isn't entirely damning. It is always frustrating to hear things like this.. out of your control, with little to be done on it one way or the other. Everything sounds like a death sentence when it comes to diagnostics.

Keep us informed please.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    "People die all the time" -- What does that have to do with any of this?
    The point is, you're not dead yet. There is still something you can do about your condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Your opening lines in your first post in this thread came off as unnecessarily crass. By stating that "people die all the time" and devaluing the validity of the thread by referring to it as a "pity party" in what I assume was an attempt to come off as sarcastic and desensitized , you are't necessarily stating anything particularly insightful, or that wasn't abundantly clear to everyone prior to that, so fail on trying to play that oh so common internet cynical realist shtick. Sure, technically we are all going to die, but what keeps most of us functioning mentally in a healthy manner is the willful ignorance of not knowing, and I'm sure despite how insensitive you'd like to appear to believe you are toward the issue, knowing your own death was imminent would surely invoke some emotion, which is only natural.
    I can agree with unnecessarily crass.

As to the rest of the post, I would appreciate if you didn't assume anything.

Dying on the internet.

The great thing about dying today is that we can die on the internet.

Just as we all watch Blackmail shave in the morning and watch Fidelia sleep without a gun, we can all share our dying.

Of course we are all going to die, but somehow we sweep it under the carpet, but now we can die together on the internet. There is no need to die alone, we can all die together, one at a time.

We can all be there. We have tons of time. And what could be more interesting than dying.

Of course we live in a society that hides dying in the hospital, dying was a private matter, but privacy is over, even the privacy of dying, and we can now share our dying days.

I can hold your hand and you can hold mine until we breathe our last sweet breath.

MBTI
    ISTx

Die with me, Vic (on the net of course)!

Ginkgo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Congrats. Aren't we all?

So, tough luck.
    You're a real sweetheart, you know that?

He's obviously upset, he made a thread about it to vent. Pity parties are all fine and dandy but people die all the time. My post was for later on when he stops feeling like a victim.
    People die all the time, yes. Oneself does not. Fear of death is the most fundamental and universal characteristic living beings have. Yet your reaction to someone else's bad news is to mock it as a "pity party" and deride his distress as "feeling like a victim". That's kind of fucked up.

I can agree with unnecessarily crass.
    And yet you continue in the same vein.

I really question the mindset of someone who reads the phrase "I'm dying" and whose immediate reaction is that this person should be reprimanded and publicly embarrassed. Someone who's upset looks to a friendly community for sympathy, support, understanding, and you act like this merits some sort of punishment. Are you deranged?
    i just want to be a sweetheart

Cool Turn on, tune in and drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Die with me, Vic (on the net of course)!
    Marshall McLuhan told us, "turn on, tune in and drop out".

And Timothy Leary made these words famous by quoting them in a speech in New York in 1966.

And then Timothy did just that - he was the first person to die on the internet, the first person to die with us rather than dying alone.

So one might say that turning on, tuning in and droping out finds its highest expression in dying with us on the internet.

Of course the internet is an electronic media like the radio. So how appropriate to turn it on, tune it to a station and letting our mind run free.

And all under the auspice of the patron saint of the internet, Marshall McLuhan.

MBTI
    ISTx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc emailed me this morning and told me not to worry. He pasted his emailed correspondence with the cardiologist who looked at my EKG results. She said it looks like a natural deviation and that no further testing is needed. So, I guess that's good news. I'm quite a bit relieved. Beats a summons to do more testing. I guess I'm good [enough] to go... Just need to watch my BP. I'm thinking my doc might need to up the dosage a little bit on my medication. So far, it's not getting it down as low as I want it. Hard to tell if it's doing anything at all. I've always been able to get my numbers down into the borderline area by just sitting still and breathing well for a few minutes. It's crazy how my Systolic pressure can fluctuate nearly 40 points in a matter of minutes...

iwakar, how did your friend find out about her PKD? How old is she? One of her parents has it, I assume? If you'd rather PM, that's dandy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Glad to hear your good news. Take care of yourself.