User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Santtu take a third job?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's the most certain way to handle the money problems, and he can do the hours.

4 80.00%
  • No, he'll collapse. He should do quality work for a little time and hope it works out.

1 20.00%
  • He should go begging, stealing, move out of country or otherwise evade the problems.

0 0%
12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Thumbs up Help a burnout recoveree

To cut it short, I've had burnout and depression, tho I don't have anymore. I still have troubles to do intensive work, or work for a long time. I've got money problems that can only be solved by choosing one of the two evils. How can I decide which of the two options to take?

I currently have 2 expert level jobs that pay ok, but the pay depends on my results. There's insecurity and stress from doing the job well enough to get the payment. I will have to be in top condition to be able to do these jobs, and still, there's an element of uncertainty.

I've been invited to an interview for a steady paying job that's relatively easy for me. Doing the 2 other jobs, plus this, I'll surely get enough money to pay for everything I need. I'll be able to put in less hours to the expert jobs, lowering my average hourly salary. I'll risk exhausting myself to the great amount of work.

I will have to choose either of the hard choices to fix my current financial problems. What kind of stress should I accept? Stress from a demanding job, or stress from a lot of work?

In other words, should I take a third job?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What t he hell is burn out?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    What t he hell is burn out?
    Are you joking?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Really I think its nocap's joke at exhaustion He means that a person won't feel exhausted if he(she) has it all right. And that's his standard - to have it all right.

ENTP can seem like eternal sources of energy. But, we too can burn out. (and recover).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Would it be possible to reduce your financial needs, so you don't end up needing that third job at all (or so you can take it and drop one of the expert jobs)?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Would it be possible to reduce your financial needs, so you don't end up needing that third job at all (or so you can take it and drop one of the expert jobs)?
    Possible later, not for a month or two. I have a long term solution, but it's the short term solution I'm lacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Possible later, not for a month or two. I have a long term solution, but it's the short term solution I'm lacking.
    Ah, OK. Well, if it's really that short-term, then I'd say you could take on the third job, BUT you need to take extra care of yourself during that couple of months! In particular, you need to make sure you get enough sleep, and that might mean cutting down on other activities that take up some of your time.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Ah, OK. Well, if it's really that short-term, then I'd say you could take on the third job, BUT you need to take extra care of yourself during that couple of months! In particular, you need to make sure you get enough sleep, and that might mean cutting down on other activities that take up some of your time.
    Sounds reasonable, but what I feared. If that's true, I'd have to do some things I love less .. and take a fanatical approach to health and nutrition That's an outside view. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Meh, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Sounds reasonable, but what I feared. If that's true, I'd have to do some things I love less ..
    I don't know if this would work for you, but you could try motivating yourself by planning something extra-pleasant for the end of that two-months period, to kinda "compensate" for all the stuff you love that you would have to do less. (Am I making any sense?) You know, like a student would plan that big party for the end of the finals? Something to look forward to, something to make it "worth" giving up temporarily on the stuff you love.