User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Santtu take a third job?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's the most certain way to handle the money problems, and he can do the hours.

4 80.00%
  • No, he'll collapse. He should do quality work for a little time and hope it works out.

1 20.00%
  • He should go begging, stealing, move out of country or otherwise evade the problems.

0 0%
First 12

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Meh, welcome!

I don't know if this would work for you, but you could try motivating yourself by planning something extra-pleasant for the end of that two-months period, to kinda "compensate" for all the stuff you love that you would have to do less. (Am I making any sense?) You know, like a student would plan that big party for the end of the finals? Something to look forward to, something to make it "worth" giving up temporarily on the stuff you love.
    Yeah, at least I have money after it (should I succeed) so I can pay for a week of celebration Nice idea I think it sounds cool. I have much less doubt about getting people to celebrate with me, compared to the doubt I have of enduring all this *without* celebrating it in the end

See, I do have doubt about getting people to celebrate with me,) Just small. No worries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Are you joking?
    No I just wanted santuu to elaborate on his/her situation. It's relevant.

Burnout carries obvious meaning. When a candle or a fire burns out there's no more fuel.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, that's exactly what I found out. So, after a while of being without a fire or a spark, I saw my fuel being replenished at a slow rate. So, I consider having burned out at a time, and having slow rate of renewal at the moment Should I use the metaphor, my fuel pipe isn't giving me fuel at the former capacity. The engine's still all right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sammy

Don't take what I say as expert advice, but if the third job serves as a relaxer for you, while still paying constantly, I'd take it on the condition that I'd have to do less intensive work for one of the two other highly intense jobs (otherwise that's two stressful situations + one calm one, but not necessarily meaning it will lead to less chance for burning out again if say, one of the more intense jobs picks up pace and you're expected to carry the load of three jobs now).

Do you have to keep both of the intense jobs to meet your goals or could you drop one of them and take on this third calmer one?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Was santuu the one who voted no?
    we fukin won boys

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I hope I understand correctly. If I do, I would do more, less demanding of perfection, work short term. The uncertainty would be the most stress producing for me.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Was santuu the one who voted no?
    I haven't voted myself..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by philonightmare View Post
    Don't take what I say as expert advice, but if the third job serves as a relaxer for you, while still paying constantly, I'd take it on the condition that I'd have to do less intensive work for one of the two other highly intense jobs (otherwise that's two stressful situations + one calm one, but not necessarily meaning it will lead to less chance for burning out again if say, one of the more intense jobs picks up pace and you're expected to carry the load of three jobs now).

Do you have to keep both of the intense jobs to meet your goals or could you drop one of them and take on this third calmer one?
    I want to keep both of my current jobs.

Job 1: This takes 50-120 hours this month, completely depending on my ability. Non-negotiable item. The job is result-based and I don't get it finished this month, but only later, so the money from this job alone won't help me in time. I want to do this job.
    Job 2: hourly project job. Flexible goals, work comes at unpredictable times. I can influence the amount of work, but doing too little work, I risk the clients growing impatient with the process and having them leave. My hours depends on whether we make an attractive offers for our clients. This may or may not offer enough money for my urgent needs (this month), depending on how much work I have. This is my best job so far, I want to keep it and keep the clients of the company, as well.

Job 3 (the one being asked). Steady pay, full time job. Uses the skills I already have, and the pay doesn't depend on my performance. I am not a bit anxious about how this job goes, and I can forget it after leaving the workplace. I don't have a say in my work schedules, which are most likely from 9 to 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I hope I understand correctly. If I do, I would do more, less demanding of perfection, work short term. The uncertainty would be the most stress producing for me.
    For me too, I believe..

But I'd also be stressed out when I couldn't do my hobbies and spend free time after .. say.. a 12hr long work day. I also might not be able to push myself to work on the 2 good jobs after the #3 "mediocre" job, which would be a catastrophe.

The problem is just that the jobs #1 and #2 are good, but the most pay doesn't come now from #1 and the #2 is in the start-up phase, with rather little hours of work in it. It can only support me if the clients buy our products and I get to work on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]