• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it important not to drag your feet?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I drag my feet when I walk. I tried to look this up online and the only thing I got was "why do Chinese people/Asians always drag their feet" (wtf?). Is it important to pick your feet off the ground completely when you walk? I tried earlier and almost killed myself slipping on a patch of ice. Also it's much more difficult but that may be because I'm just not used to it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I doubt there's a severe health effect, although maybe something related to posture/foot health.

I would imagine I'm not alone in hating the sound of scuffing feet though (I'll make allowances for anyone under 5 years old), so you might not win friends this way. It also gives off an impression of low self confidence and apathy, at least stereotypically and certainly if you show other body language that supports these conclusions. Giving this kind of impression may result in unintended consequences.

I would assume it's not that big a deal if you really don't want to change, though.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Any deviation from the normal walking style shifts the gravity center of your body, resulting in spine deformation.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Any deviation from the normal walking style shifts the gravity center of your body, resulting in spine deformation.

Evidence plz.

I think it might be a balance thing. My normal walking style is extremely steady.