• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Restless Leg Syndrome

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone else have this?

More importantly, has anyone else figured out how to make it stop?

I'd post a link, but really, if you have it you'd know. It's an itching sensation that builds up behind the kneecaps soon after lying down to go to sleep at night, and the only way to get rid of it is to get back up and walk around/ stretch. And it keeps coming back every time you lie down again.

I've tried Requip (the prescription drug) and over-the-counter homeopathic remedies (which actually work, just not every time). I'm wondering if anyone else has found anything helpful.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ugh, I get this sometimes too. I tried Requip but the side effects caused me to stop taking it. Usually, massaging my muscles and/or putting a heating pad on my legs before bed helps, but not always. I have no solutions, really. But I can commiserate.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Doesn't it suck? I always feel like the girl with the red shoes when it hits: no matter how tired I am, I have to keep moving.

I've had it for years. I used to take requip, but I built an intolerance to it. Some other things that have helped that I didn't mention in the op were cutting caffeine out of my diet and taking calcium citrate tablets. The reason it's bothering me this week is because I've been drinking a lot of coffee. I really miss coffee.

I've searched the web more times than I can count, looking for solutions. I was hoping someone here knew something. Oh well. Boo to Restless Leg.