• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Get TG Skinny in 30 Days or Less

T

ThatGirl

Okay there is something wrong with my body.....

I go from being excessively skinny to chuby every couple years or so. Yes I do have thyroid problems. No I am not on a supplement. No I do not have health insurance.

This fluctuation happens without my doing much. No changes in routine or anything I just start randomly loosing or gaining weight. Then later I start eating less or more.

When I am in weight gain mode, I tend to get STARVING. Like if I don't eat I am going to die. I can't stop thinking about food until I am full. Its like, food is everything. If I try to work out I get really buff as though I am taking steroids.

So the problem is, I am sick of fluctuating like this.

To show how extreme the weight gain or loss happens. Let me show you TG.

2cylmjt.jpg

1zognqg.jpg

Anyway I have to go to this stupid party, but before I do I propose this.

I will do whatever is recommended, eat what you guys say, do the exorcises you tell me to do, if you think you can get me skinny in 30 days.

For the next month I will post in here what I ate and the exercises I did.

As long as it doesn't require equipment, also I don't run.

So who is up for being my personal trainer?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't need to lose weight...

T

ThatGirl

It is either this or by a whole new wardrobe.

I went from a 4 to a 13 in the last six months.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eliminate carbohydrates/sugars. That will deliver quick results.

V

violaine

Eh, I'm hesitant to recommend anything because you have a medical problem.

If you can handle it, try doing some hot yoga, like bikram. It's tough but it will strip the weight off. A lot of yoga studios offer trial periods so if money is an issue, you can bounce around between them til you find one you like. I don't think dieting is a good idea, definitely don't starve yourself because it will slow your metabolism down. Eat breakfast and eat small meals regularly throughout the day. Try to stay away from processed food, eat more fresh food instead. Eat more protein. Drink a lot of water during the day and make sure you get lots of sleep. Skipping on sleep negatively impacts the hormones that influence appetite. i.e. You get hungrier and your appetite is harder to satiate.

(Also, you don't really need to lose weight but I guess it's your body.)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Atkins diet, Calorie diet. Both ways that will make you lose weight.
Far too much information on both of them for me to say how it's done.
Requires good constant willpower.
Also a lack of ignorance of how any of the diets are to be done.
Ignorance of what is to be eaten and not eaten with what amounts in the diet will make you slip and most likely fail.
If you don't have enough you will not be able to go through with it so might want to work on such first.
Good luck.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Don't drink alcohol.

Marijuana is also a bad idea.

But do do one or all of the following: coke, crack, heroin, meth.

Smoking cigarettes is also suppresses appetite. I think smokers are supposed to be, on average, 7 pounds lighter than non-smokers. This may also be a money issue.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
If you eliminate all sugars (including alcohol, pop and juice as well as things like bread), white flour, caffeine, and dairy and you eat a combo of healthier carbs like veggies or fruits combined with a lean protein every time you eat, that should do it. Don't totally eliminate fats, but don't use excessive amounts and make them healthy fats like nuts or olive oil or avacados. Aerobic exercise will lose fat faster, but strength training will build muscle and burn calories even after you quit exercising. A balance of both is ideal. Interval training (burst of more intense aerobic activity amid less strenuous intervals) will burn more calories than more consistently strenuous aerobic activity. All of this takes a lot of will power, but at the end of thirty days, you're guaranteed to look leaner.

T

ThatGirl

I know this, actually it isn't hypo strictly. It is the one that fluctuates in bouts of hyper and hypo. The diagnoses as the doctor explained it to me.

I do intend to have the medical portion taken care of as soon as I can.

In the mean time I suppose I am looking for a concrete way to battle the effects.

Like eat this in the morning, this at this time, this, then not that....

I will give some of the suggestions in this thread a shot, also thank you to Tantive via chat.

Tomorrow I will post an update.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cut out sugar and alcohol. Eat whole grains rather than white starches.

However, I really don't think you're chubby. You've told me your weight and it's a decent weight for your height. I honestly think you want to be underweight.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the atkins diet totally works but i swear it screws up your metabolism. i did it years ago and my metabolism is back to normal now but that year or so after i gained weight really easily so it's kind of made me never want to do it again....but i'd maybe do a modified one...like watching carbs later in the day...only eating healthy carbs, limiting sugar and processed foods...lots of lean protein, vegetables and fruit.

you don't look overweight to me either tho but eating healthy and working out is a good idea for anyone so just do that if you're not and it should make ya feel better...oh and 100 squats and situps a day and an hour walk. good luck tg.

T

ThatGirl

Okay, so I am going to try to do the Adkins one posted, since it sounds close what I normally eat, just with less Ramen. I refuse to snack on bacon and cheddar cheese though. I think having a schedule will remind me to eat more. To be honest, I usually have a top ramen with mass amounts of chili sauce around 10 at night, and survive on coffee during the day.

I do 100 cruches daily anyway, I will change those to sit ups. The squats are going to kill me. The walking not so bad, I will skip my lunch time nap to walk to the market for my coffee and lunch.

Today I ate a ramen, and a can of progresso chicken noodle soup. I will start the schedule tomorrow.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Your problem then is that you're not eating enough. You can't put 10 tanks worth of gas in your car at once to save having to fill up, and your body is no different. You actually need to eat enough calories to be able to lose weight. Small meals, but all throughout the day.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your problem then is that you're not eating enough. You can't put 10 tanks worth of gas in your car at once to save having to fill up, and your body is no different. You actually need to eat enough calories to be able to lose weight. Small meals, but all throughout the day.

I'm not sure I get this. Does it have something to do with metabolism?

T

ThatGirl

I think it has to do with getting your body to function correctly.

My idea is that if I am GAINING weight on a top ramen and some coffee a day maybe a little more on the weekends, I need a healthier system. Theory, eat more of the right stuff to function properly. Lose, and hopefully not gain more weight.

Preferably without losing all control and wanting to eat everything in sight.

*Fingers crossed*

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure I get this. Does it have something to do with metabolism?

Yes, if you eat too little your body goes into starvation mode and slows down your metabolism. It's generally not wise to go below a certain number of calories, unless it's just for a few days or a week.

Eating small healthy meals revs your metabolism.