User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Also, a meal can be like carrots and peanut butter, or a cup of yogurt and some granola - I'm not talking about 5 entree meals.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I didn't lose that much weight with the thing I usually do, but god I got skinny quick!

Here are some more recommendations:

- Work out to the point where you can't walk for a couple days. Serious workouts like these burn lots of calories, get you in shape, toned etc. depending on what sort of workouts you do. Cardio/core training usually works, but even lifting weights can help too.

-Make fruits and veggies the staple of your diet. Low sodium soups can become your friend at that point, and they're super cheap too.

- Watch portions, if you go out and eat, always save half a plate for tomorrow's lunch or something, as most restaurants give several more portions than people should consume, usually.

- Replace any white grains with brown or whole grain (like brown rice instead of white rice, whole grain bread vs white bread etc.)

- It's OKAY to treat yourself sparingly!!! Eating one of those mini Twix bars or something small is okay.

- Try and drink water at every meal instead of carbonated beverages or juices.

- Try and drink lots of water, period.

- Snack small throughout the day

- Don't eat after 7 pm

There's probably more, but that's all I can remember from my diet regimens in high school.

MBTI
    ISTx

^That's all good advice.

ThatGirl

This diet really is making me angry and have mood swings. Now I know where they get the term 'skinny bitch' but it is working!

Still I may need to make a few adjustments.

Just don't say give up coffee because THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Or maybe my body will just adjust as I lose weight? This is the first time I have ever really tried to diet.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Bananas dipped in Trader Joe's cranberry apple butter.

Slip an egg on a piece of toast in the micro for :50. Either that or a shake of oatmeal with milk. Blueberries, swirl of honey.

Experiment.

Buy a jumprope, locate a cushy surface (recycled tire layering under park swings work), then build up reps using an interval.

Maybe 20 - 5 - 20 -7 - 20 - 9 - 18 -11 -16 - 13, then bring both up gradually.

Whatever. As long as your heartrate goes up, you win.

Study different jumps. Determine which are most effective.

Find music you really enjoy and jump to that. Or dance around the house. Whatevs. Shit's fun.

Ditch the jumproping if you ever decide to take up running! I have another post in me for that.

At the very least, stretch everyday. Find anything (preferably outside, as floor grip is easier to maintain) to perform maybe 20-30 seconds of a forward lunge stretch. Hold either foot up to your butt for about the same length. Make a V with your legs, loosen that back by twisting shoulders either way, reach for either foot for a few. Sit down and reach for your feet. I like to braid my fingers around my shoes so my nose is scrunched against my kneecap. Work towards that.

Above is in any order. Sometimes it helps to jump around before, during or whenever, maybe in one place;
    it doesn't matter.
    Just to have an idea of how your heart's feeling.

Moreover, pushups really are very effective at working the entire body, so don't take them off the table altogether.

This looks like something you could easily do.

Someone already say drink your goddamn water yet?

thinking of you

ThatGirl

Update:

I ate my snack pack today, walked around the block at work during my lunch time, while listening to music and posting on the forum. Had my yogurt to curb the mid-day crankiness. Completed my sit ups. Will eat dinner later when I am feeling hungry.

Stretching is an excellent point. I forgot about that. Don't want to lose flexibility. Also stretching feels good. More mobile.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    This diet really is making me angry and have mood swings. Now I know where they get the term 'skinny bitch' but it is working!

Or maybe my body will just adjust as I lose weight? This is the first time I have ever really tried to diet.
    If you're not eating enough carbs you can become irritable or depressed. That's why I never recommend the Atkins Diet because only certain people's bodies can handle it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

I'm not sure what you're diet is, but you really shouldn't cut anything out of it (the only exception would be trans fats), as your body needs those things to function properly. You need carbs, you need fats, you need sodium, etc. But maybe not as much. Cutting stuff out of a routine diet is only going to bite you in the ass later.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Marm, she's not doing Atkins, she's eating carbs. Her snackpack is carrot, cheese, and sugar snaps -- those are sweet vegetables, not leafy greens -- at least it's not refined carbs, but that's plenty carbs. Yogurt is like mainlining sugar -- you may as well eat ice cream. Tortilla chips and pepperjack, more carbs, a little protein. Read the thread.

violaine

Every trainer I've had says that women don't eat enough protein. Good rule of thumb is at least 1 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight (divide weight in pounds by 2.2). You need even more protein if you are active. I used to be a vegetarian and I had to do so much exercise to stay trim. Now that I eat meat and get enough protein, I hardly have to do a thing to stay small. I do some yoga and a bit of walking and that's it. So much easier and I don't get hungry the way I used to when I was a vegetarian. There's a reason why a lot of vegetarians I know are chubby. (Not that that's necessarily a bad look, I've just noticed a lot of them find it hard to look firm and trim.). There again, I don't believe in dieting, I think it messes up one's metabolism. Better to permanently change the way you eat and work on speeding up your metabolism.

Also, I think core work (crunches, pilates) gives women a square waist. Do not want. It takes a bit of experimentation to find what works best for each body but imo too much core work makes women develop the more masculine V-shape.